Looking for a super cute apple crafts for kids to celebrate fall in an apple theme for September? This adorable paper plate apple craft is easy-to-make with stuning results. Kids will have fun celebrating September with this apple core craft for toddler, preschool, kindergarten, and first graders. This apple craft helps improve fine motor skills and makes a fun activity for an apple theme.
Paper Plate Apple Craft
Nothing says September like apples! We love making lots of apple crafts, apple learning activities, and apple baking during the month. This super cute and simple Paper Plate Apple Core Craft is a fun project to celebrate autumn. Make this simple apple crafts for toddlers, preschoolers,kindergarteners, and grade 1 students to work on improving fine motor skills, pincher grasp, and coordination while creating a beautiful September craft for kids! Whether you are a parent, teacher or homeschooler you will love this fruit craft for kids to celebrate this yummy edible plant!
We planned on making just red apple cores, but my son wanted to make a green one (his favorite) so we made green as well! I think they both turned out very cute.
I love making crafts for kids using things I have have on hand; I don’t have time to run to the store for fancy craft supplies. So we used one of our paper plate craft ideas to whip this fun apple crafts for kids using these common materials:
- paper plate
- red, green, brown, and black construction paper
Apple Crafts Preschool
To get the apple core craft ready for the kids, I cut the sides of the paper plate off using curved lines to make an apple core shape.
Preschool Apple Crafts
I also cut out leaf and stem shapes with green and brown paper.
Next, I had the kids help tear pieces of construction paper. We tore a lot of red and green paper pieces for the apple skin. We also made a few black pieces for the apple seeds.
Apple Crafts for toddlers
Spread glue along the top and bottom of the apple core.
Add red torn paper pieces (or green if making a green apple) along the top and bottom of the apple core to make the apple skin.
Paper Plate Apple Core Craft
Add a few glue dots to the center of the apple core and glue black paper pieces to it. These are the apple seeds.
Apple core craft
Glue the leaf and stem shapes to the top of the apple. Let dry, and your apple core is complete!
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Math Apple Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Apple Roll and Cover Dice Game
- Hole-Punching, Count to 20 Apple Activities for Preschoolers – free printable
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Addition Coloring Worksheets
- Number Bonds Apple Math
- Apple Counting Worksheet
- Free Printable Multiplication Games
- Letter A Worksheets, printables, and games for kids
- Apple Themed Free Alpahbet Strip pdf Activity
- Alphbet Puzzles – Apple Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheets pdf with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Letter A Activity sorting upper and lowercase letters for pre-k and kindergarten
- Printable Apple Compound Words Worksheet
- Find the Letter Apple Tracing Worksheets
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds – print in black and white or color
- Color the correct apples in these Nouns and Verbs Worksheets
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
- Free Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Printable Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Simple Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Activities
- Free Printable Apple Experiment Worksheet
- I Spy Preschool Apple Worksheets
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Apple Handprint Craft for Kids – w/ free printable
- Easy Apple Core and torn paper Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Alphabet Lacing Apple Craft
- Clever Bubble Wrap Apple Craft
- Coffee Filter Apple Craft
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts Preschool