Kids will have fun celebrating September with this super cute and easy apple craft for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners. This paper plate apple core craft helps improve fine motor skills and makes a fun activity for an apple theme.
Paper Plate Apple Core Craft
Nothing says September like apples! We love making lots of apple crafts, apple learning activities, and apple baking during the month. This super cute and simple Paper Plate Apple Core Craft is a fun project to do with toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and grade 1 as it works at improving fine motor skills, pincher grasp, and coordination while creating a beautiful September craft for kids!
We planned on making just red apple cores, but my son wanted to make a green one (his favorite) so we made green as well! I think they both turned out very cute.
Apple Core Craft
I love making crafts for kids using things I have have on hand; I don’t have time to run to the store for fancy craft supplies. So we used one of our paper plate craft ideas to whip this fun apple crafts for kids using these common materials:
- paper plate
- red, green, brown, and black construction paper
Apple Crafts for Preschoolers
To get the apple core craft ready for the kids, I cut the sides of the paper plate off using curved lines to make an apple core shape.
Preschool Apple Crafts
I also cut out leaf and stem shapes with green and brown paper.
Next, I had the kids help tear pieces of construction paper. We tore a lot of red and green paper pieces for the apple skin. We also made a few black pieces for the apple seeds.
Apple Activities for Preschool
Spread glue along the top and bottom of the apple core.
Add red torn paper pieces (or green if making a green apple) along the top and bottom of the apple core to make the apple skin.
Apple Crafts for Toddlers
Add a few glue dots to the center of the apple core and glue black paper pieces to it. These are the apple seeds.
Glue the leaf and stem shapes to the top of the apple. Let dry, and your apple core is complete!
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Apple Math Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Prek Worksheets
- Apple Number Bonds Activities
- Free Alphabet Desk Cart (apple theme and more)
- Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Letter A
- Apple ABC Game
- Apple Seed Counting Activity – Count to 20
- I Spy Preschool – Apples
- Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheet with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Number Bond to 10 Practical Activities
- Counting Apples Worksheet
- Apple Basket Multiplication Game
- Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Apple Count to 20 Home Punching Apple Munching Activity
- Apple Alphabet Activity – Letter Recognition Game
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Alphabet Apple Lacing Craft
- Printable Apple Compound Words for Kids
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Day Activities
- Apple Find the letter and Tracing Worksheets
- Fun Apple Experiment Worksheet
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds
- Verbs for Apples
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Handprint Apple Craft for Kids
- Paper Plate Apple Core Craft
- Apple Bubble Wrap Art Projects
- ABC Apple Lacing Craft
- Coffee Filter and Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Easy Apple Pie Playdough that smells like fall!
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts for Preschoolers