It’s September and that means it is apple season, and that gives enough reason for fun learning activities using apples and apple trees! This 3 in 1 Apple Tree Activity can be used to work on three different skills: color sorting, fine motor skills and counting! This is such a fun, apple activities for toddlers, preschoolers, and Kindergarteners.
Kids are going to love this versatile, easy-to-set-up, and FUN to play with 3-in-1 Activities for Toddlers. This is a great way to play and learn with a fun fall, apple theme for Toddler, Preschool, pre k, and Kindergarten age children. Use this activity to practice sorting by color, improving fine motor skills, and counting to 10.
Apple Activities for Toddlers
This was easy and quick to make, you can make it too! all you nee are a few simple supplies including:
- Toilet paper rolls (see more toilet paper roll crafts)
- Green felt
- Green, red, yellow pom poms
- Velcro dots
- egg cartoon (any type of flat box)
Apple Activities for Preschoolers
Firstly, draw the apples on the rolls with markers and add the velcro dots to the pompoms.
Apple Activities for Preschool
Then cut the felt into tree shapes. These you add it to the cardboard rolls, after you cut two small slits at the top.
Ready to play and learn!
When you use it as a fine motor toy, let your child “pick” the “apples” with a tweezer. Adding the right color pompom to the right cardboard roll tree. This activity is not only for fine motor skills development, but hand eye coordination and color identification/sorting skills too!
I attached each roll to the egg carton with a piece of Blue Tack so that it is secure enough not to fall over, but you are still able to lift it so that the dropped pompoms fall out again. (This “hide-n-seek” part was quite fun for my toddler.)
Match the color pompom to the color apple tree to use this toy as a sorting toy. Identifying colors and naming it is a skill children learn easily while playing.
Counting Apple Activity
The great thing about this activity is you can use it in so many ways! You can also use it to help preschoolers practice counting and introduce the concept of addition.
For example: add one pompom to each tree, let your child take them down (picking it), count, and get an answer. You can do subtraction too, using this same method(picking two apples from the three trees, how many is left on the trees?), or even counting in 2’s, 3’s etc.
- FREE Apple Prek Worksheets or apple worksheets preschool
- Apple Recipes for Kids, plus how to make homemade applesauce and yummy best apple recipes
- ACTIVITIES – scented apple pie playdough, super soft apple playdough recipe no cook, apple pie playdough, fun apple pie slime, fluffy apple slime (yellow), laffy taffy apple slime (green), and September activities for kids
- ALPHABET – letter recognition apple activity, apple letter tracing worksheets, Apple ABC Game, a is for apple printable letter sounds apple book, a is for apple tracing worksheet, a is for apple printable alphabet mats, sticker a for apple activity,
- LANGUAGE ARTS – alphabet apple lacing craft, apple pre-k sight words tracing strips, apple sight words printable activity, synonym and antonym worksheets, apple compounds words worksheet grade 1, apple noun and verb sort, and free September writing prompts
- SCIENCE – errupting apple science expeirment, free apple investigation worksheet, apple life cycle printable spinner, apple volcano, apple browning experiment with free worksheet, apple life cycle printable pages, skittle apple science experiment, melting apple science experiment, apple stem activity
- COUNTING – apple count to 20 free printable hole punch activities, apple i spy printables for preschoolers, count to 20 apple playdough mats, hole punch apple counting, apple counting coloring pages, apple counting spin and count on ten frame, apple counting worksheet, free apple counting worksheets, apple counting worksheet, apple seed counting to 20 activity, and count to 20 apple playdough mats, apple roll and cover number sense game
- MATH – hands-on apple number bonds activity, math worksheets for kindergarten, adding within 10 apple math, apple multiplication game, apple fractions game, fall unifix cube pattern cards, counting seeds apple worksheets, and sticker addition worksheets, multiplication apple math for 2nd and 3rd graders
- CRAFTS – cute apple handprint craft, parts of an apple craft, bubble wrap apple craft, Johnny appleseed addition coloring worksheets, lacing paper plate apple craft, stunning apple art preschool, paper plate apple core craft, and September crafts
- Check out these apple books for preschoolers, free apple worksheets preschool, how to make an apple pie and see the world activity, fun Johnny Appleseed activities, free Johnny Appleseed coloring pages, or our apple theme preschool
- Find the Letter Preschool Worksheets, free pattern sheets for preschoolers, popular Bunny Ears Template, Free Superhero Worksheets and Frozen Worksheets for kids
- Tons of FREE preschool coloring pages pdf, Free dinosaur worksheets, Shape dot marker printables, fun Fingerprint Activity Worksheet working on counting
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Printables, cute Farm Animals and their Babies puzzles, Princess Worksheets for kids, cute Free Printable Preschool Worksheets Tracing Letters and Animal I Spy Printables pdf
- Free Printable Alphabet Bracelets, Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets into minibooks,
- TONS of Alphabet Activities for Preschoolers and Free Alphabet Playdough Mats pdf, pirate free alphabet printables, Free Shape Pattern Block Templates, and road shapes
- Number Bingo Dauber Worksheets, Farm Cutting Practice Worksheets, and Color Worksheets
- Plus so many more Free preschool worksheets age 3-4 and tons of preschool worksheets
- See all free preschool worksheets age 3-4, cute preschool worksheets, and TONS of free printable worksheets for all ages
- DIY Foam Paint for Kids, EASY Science Activities for Preschoolers, 100 ABC Games that are Outrageously FUN, Baking Soda Slime, Squish Watermelon Sensory Bag, Printable Road Shapes Activity, and Melted pony bead craft
- Glow in the Dark Fairy Jar, beautiful Color Changing FLowers Experiment, edible Marshmallow Paint, fun Painting with Cars, easy color changing milk experiment worksheet, Easy-to-Make Balloon Hovercraft
- Super Cool Scribble Draw Bot, Edible Peanut Butter Playdough, Amaze Kids with this Leak Proof Bag Science, race track Pool Noodle Activity, fun Tin Foil art, cool DIY Foosball Table, Lots of fantastic Books for Preschoolers
- Fizzing Planets Solar System Project, Free Printable Doctor Pretend Play, free printable ice cream name craft, craft with free fish template preschool, easy pasta necklace craft, DIY magic sand, fun bubble painting
- Impressive Grow a Rainbow capillary action experiment, EPIC ketchup volcano, craft stick shape activities with free templates, Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet, Grass Head Craft, Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Play and eat marshmallow playdough, learn how to dye rice with food coloring for sensory play, beautiful stained glass craft pasta art, simple water cycle in a bag worksheet, unique apple craft
- vibrant washable sidwalk paint for kids, amazing homemade bubble solution, family-favorite kool aid playdough recipe, 100 monster crafts and activities, lava lamp experiment explanation, popsicle stick candy catapult kids activity
- Plus don’t miss all our kids activities and fun preschool activities