It’s September and that means it is apple season, and that gives enough reason for fun learning activities using apples and apple trees! This 3 in 1 Apple Tree Activity can be used to work on three different skills: color sorting, fine motor skills and counting! This is such a fun, apple activities for toddlers, preschoolers, and Kindergarteners.
Kids are going to love this versatile, easy-to-set-up, and FUN to play with 3-in-1 Activities for Toddlers. This is a great way to play and learn with a fun fall, apple theme for Toddler, Preschool, pre k, and Kindergarten age children. Use this activity to practice sorting by color, improving fine motor skills, and counting to 10.
Apple Activities for Toddlers
This was easy and quick to make, you can make it too! all you nee are a few simple supplies including:
- Toilet paper rolls (see more toilet paper roll crafts)
- Green felt
- Green, red, yellow pom poms
- Velcro dots
- egg cartoon (any type of flat box)
Apple Activities for Preschoolers
Firstly, draw the apples on the rolls with markers and add the velcro dots to the pompoms.
Apple Activities for Preschool
Then cut the felt into tree shapes. These you add it to the cardboard rolls, after you cut two small slits at the top.
Ready to play and learn!
When you use it as a fine motor toy, let your child “pick” the “apples” with a tweezer. Adding the right color pompom to the right cardboard roll tree. This activity is not only for fine motor skills development, but hand eye coordination and color identification/sorting skills too!
I attached each roll to the egg carton with a piece of Blue Tack so that it is secure enough not to fall over, but you are still able to lift it so that the dropped pompoms fall out again. (This “hide-n-seek” part was quite fun for my toddler.)
Match the color pompom to the color apple tree to use this toy as a sorting toy. Identifying colors and naming it is a skill children learn easily while playing.
Counting Apple Activity
The great thing about this activity is you can use it in so many ways! You can also use it to help preschoolers practice counting and introduce the concept of addition.
For example: add one pompom to each tree, let your child take them down (picking it), count, and get an answer. You can do subtraction too, using this same method(picking two apples from the three trees, how many is left on the trees?), or even counting in 2’s, 3’s etc.
- Apple Math Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Prek Worksheets
- Apple Number Bonds Activities
- Free Alphabet Desk Cart (apple theme and more)
- Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Letter A
- Apple ABC Game
- Apple Seed Counting Activity – Count to 20
- I Spy Preschool – Apples
- Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheet with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Number Bond to 10 Practical Activities
- Counting Apples Worksheet
- Apple Basket Multiplication Game
- Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Apple Count to 20 Home Punching Apple Munching Activity
- Apple Alphabet Activity – Letter Recognition Game
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Alphabet Apple Lacing Craft
- Printable Apple Compound Words for Kids
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Day Activities
- Apple Find the letter and Tracing Worksheets
- Fun Apple Experiment Worksheet
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds
- Verbs for Apples
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
- Cute Handprint Apple Craft for Kids
- Paper Plate Apple Core Craft
- Apple Bubble Wrap Art Projects
- ABC Apple Lacing Craft
- Coffee Filter and Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Easy Apple Pie Playdough that smells like fall!
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts for Preschoolers