Monsters don’t have to be scary, in fact these monster craft ideas are all totally friendly and super fun! So many cute Monster Crafts for Kids that are perfect for a monster theme, weekly study, Halloween, book activity, or just a fun monster activity for kids. WE have found over 100 outrageously fun monster crafts for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students.
These not so scary monster crafts for kids are great to do with a child who might be a little afraid of monsters. Being able to explore monsters through playful activities and fun monter craft ideas can help children work through their fears and gain some control. It’s also a great way to show them that not all monsters are scary, and perhaps their monster is friendly, or one that can be tamed. Monsters are also a super fun way to to encourage lots of hands on learning. There are lots of fun monster activities, sensory play ideas, printables, and even a few recipes, on this list, and they are all perfect for a monster learning theme, or for some fun Halloween activities. So many fun, clever, and engaging monster activities for preschool, toddler, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade children.
Monster Crafts for Kids
We have found so many super cute monster crafts for preschoolers that are truly silly, funny, unique and easy monster crafts! Which of these monster craft ideas will you try first?
- Tie Dye Coffee Filter Monsters from ABCs of Literacy.
Make some of these bright and happy monsters.
- Monster Pegs from The Craft Train.
I love the crazy hair on these cute monsters.
- Tissue Box Monsters from The Best Ideas for Kids.
This is such a fun way to recycle boxes into cute monsters.
- Monster Blow Painting from Picklebums.
This is a super fun twist on a favorite painting activity.
- Monster Sock Puppet fromJinxy Kids.
This is a fun way to use up a lonely, unpaired sock!
- Easy Paper Plate Monsters from Simple Everyday Mom.
I love the wide open mouths on these monsters.
- Easy Monster Craft from The Chaos and the Clutter.
You can make so many different monsters with these simple items.
- Friendly Pom Pom Monsters from Natural Beach Living.
You could pop one of these friendly little monsters in your pocket!
- Monster Coloring Page fromFun with Mama.
Add some eyes and color to this fun printable coloring page.
- Monster Envelopes from Easy Peasy and Fun.
Download the printable templates and make some monster envelopes.
- DIY Woolly Monsters from Laughing Kids Learn.
These cute little monsters are easy to make and lots of fun to play with.
- Paper Bag Monsters from I Heart Crafty Things.
These monsters are too gorgeous to be scary!
- Egg Carton Monsters from The Craft Train.
These monsters are the perfect size for hiding a small treat inside, which could be a great way to show a child that monsters can be friendly.
- Cardboard Tube Monsters from The Joy of Sharing.
Start collecting cardboard tubes, because you’ll want to make lots of these cute monsters.
- Cut Paper Monsters from Walking By The Way.
This is such a fun technique and it makes really cool monsters.
- Silly Paint Smash Monster Puppets from I Heart Crafty Things.
This is a fun art activity that is perfect for all ages.
- Monster Headband Craft for Kids from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
Everyone can become a monster when they make one of these cool headbands.
- DIY Monster Worry Dolls from Patchwork Cactus.
This is a great craft to make with kids who might be afraid of monsters.
- Easy Kids Monster Purse
from Red Ted Art. This is a great beginner sewing activity to try.
- Big Mouth Monster Coloring Pages from It’s Always Autumn.
These printable coloring pages are super fun.
- Painted Leaf Monsters from Messy Little Monster.
The kids will love this simple nature craft.
- Mommy’s Little Monster Handprint Craft from Glued to My Crafts.
Make these cute little monsters and put on a puppet shows
- Friendly Monster Collage Using Colored Glue from Buggy and Buddy.
This is a lovely process art project to make friendly monsters.
- Monster Hand Craft from Happy Hooligans.
Trace around your hand and turn it into a monster hand!
- Fork Painted Monsters from Our Kid Things.
These colorful little monsters look like they have fur.
- Monster Pencil Toppers from Red Ted Art.
You make a whole pencil case full of monsters.
You can make learning FUN with these super clever, educational monster activities!
- Free Printable Monster Match Game from Artsy Fartsy Mama.
Play a game of memory with these cute monster cards.
- Free Monster Alphabet Find and Trace from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This is a fun free printable for working in lower case letter formation.
- Free Monster Memory Game Counting 1-10 from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
This is a fun memory game with an extra learning element.
- Monster Counting Activity from Fun a Day.
This is a super fun way to explore counting and one to one correspondence.
- Lego Monster Challenges for Kids from Little Bins for Little Hands.
There are so many skills kids are working on while using these printables to build fun monsters.
- Shape Monsters from Live Well Play Together.
This is such a fun way to learn about shapes.
- Monster Munch Sight Word Game from The Craft Train.
What a fun way to practice sight words.
- Free Number Monster Math Printable from Schooltime Snippets.
This is a fun way to play with numbers.
- Monster Math Counting and Addition Puzzles from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
These free printable puzzles look like lots of fun.
- Monster Multiplication from The Educators Spin on It.
Print the monster number cards and play this fun game.
- Mini Eraser Monster Counting Cards from Artsy Momma.
These free printable counting cards are a fun way to practice number skills.
- Monster Mumbles Phonics Game and Free Printable from A Little Pinch of Perfect.
This silly monster game makes learning phonics fun.
- Monster Googly Eyes Counting to 20 from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This is a fun free printable game for working on counting skills.
- Monster Stem Challenge from Views from a Step Stool.
This STEM challenge gets kids exploring design and construction ideas.
- Scary Vegetable Monsters from Science Sparks.
Learn about vegetables and more while you make these veggie monsters.
- Feed the Monster Letter
Matching Activity from Happy Tot Shelf.
Make this cute feed the monster box for a fun preschool letter matching activity.
- Monster Feelings Match Up from Pocket of Preschool.
These free printable monster match cards help kids learn about feelings.
- Feed the Lego Monsters from Toddler Approved.
What a fun sorting activity for little ones.
- Grow Your Own Monster Science Experiment from The Joys of Boys.
This is a super fun chemistry experiment to try with your kids.
- Monster Science Fun fromF rogs Snails and Puppy Dogs Tails.
This is an easy to set up, magical, science activity that everyone will love.
- Googly Monster Kinetic Sculpture from Left Brain Craft Brain.
Test your engineering skills and learn about kinetic energy.
- Monster Eyeball Sorting from PreKinders.
What a fun sorting activity.
- Shape Monster Sorting for Pre-K from Homeschool Preschool.
This fun printable pack is a great way to learn about shapes for little ones.
- The Letter Monster from How Wee Learn.
This monster will help you play some alphabet games.
- Monster Matching Memory Shadow game from Childhood 101.
This is a fun free printable that helps kids work on visual discrimination and memory.
Monster Sensory Play Activities
- DIY Green Monster Slime from Crayons and Cravings.
Make some of this gooey, jiggly monster slime!
- Monster Sensory Bags from Team Cartwright.
How many eyes can you give your monsters with these fun sensory bags.
- Monster Stew Sensory Play from No Time for Flash Cards.
This ooey, gooey, slimy, monster stew looks like it would be so fun to play with.
- Monster Eyes Sensory Bottle from The Soccer Mom Blog.
Watching those swirling monster eyes is so mesmerizing!
- Monster Playdough Invitation from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
Grab some loose parts and make some play dough monsters.
- Icy Monster Eyes Sensory Play from Best Toys 4 Toddlers.
This is an easy activity to set up, and so much fun to play with.
- Googly Eye Monster Slime from The Chaos and the Clutter.
This green slime looks just like a slime monster from outer space!
- Monster Slime Sensory Writing Tray from The Imagination Tree.
What a fun way to combine sensory play with writing practice.
- Monster Sensory Tub from I Can Teach My Child.
This sensory tub is simple to set up, but the kids will play with it for hours!
- Monster Moon Sand Invitation to Play from Nerdy Mamma.
This looks like so much fun!
- Monster Sensory Bin from Views from a Stepstool.
This glow in the dark sensory bin is super cool.
- Monster Play Dough Mats from Picklebums.
Make some funny monsters with these free printable play dough mats.
- Purple Monster Floam from Childhood 101
This gooey, popping, floam would make a lovely gift for friends.
- Monster Ice Play from Growing a Jeweled Rose.
This is the perfect monster activity for a summer day!
Monster Snacks and Recipes
- How to Make Monster Pancakes from Happily Ever After Mom.
What a cool breakfast idea!
- Monster Rice Krispie Treats from One Little Project.
These delicious monsters are super easy to make.
- Monster Apple Bites from Crayons to Cravings.
These are an easy and nutritious snack that everyone will love.
- Make a Monster Sandwich from Cutefetti.
This monster is adorable, and delicious!
- Slime Monster Cookies from The Soccer Mom Blog.
These green monster cookies look almost too good to eat!
- Cheese Monsters from Danya Banya.
What a super fun monster snack!
- Green Monster Spaghetti with Cheese and Tomato Eyeballs from Eats Amazing.
What a cool monster-themed dinner idea!
- Chocolate Swamp Monsters from Kidgredients.
These are a delicious, no-cook, monster treat to make with your kids.
- Green Jello Monster Popcorn from Momdot.
Green popcorn? So cool!
- Easy Pretzel Monster Treats from B-Inspired Mama.
Try these crunchy, cute and delicious monster treats
- Chocolate Monster Halloween Cookies from Sugar Salt Magic.
These are the cutest monster cookies ever!
- DIY Monster S’mores from Say Yes.
This is such a fun twist on regular s’mores.
- Monster Jolly Rancher Lollipops from Happy Go Lucky.
These are easy to make and so much fun!
- One Eyed Monster Cookies from Smart Schoolhouse.
These look so colorful, and delicious!
- Make a Fruit Monster from Simplistically Living.
What a simple way to make fruit fun.
- Monster Marshmallow Pops from Multiples and More.
The kids will love making these sweet little monsters.
- Cereal Monsters from Kids Activities Blog.
Here’s another no-bake monster treat to make with the kids.
- Gooey Monster Eye Cookies from Lil’ Luna.
These soft and gooey butter cookie monsters look delicious.
- Monster Donuts from One Little Project.
These are so easy to make but they look so cool!
- Monster Hot Chocolate from Easy Peasy and Fun.
This is a fun way to warm up on a cold day.
- Monster Eyeball Donuts from Kids’ Craft Room.
What a deliciously fun treat to make with your kids
- Easy to Make Monster Cupcakes from Natural Beach Living.
There is a really clever way to make eyes for your monster cupcakes in this article.
- Free Printable Monster Bingo from Artsy Fartsy Mama.
This bright and colorful printable looks like lots of fun.
- Lego Monsters from Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls.
Make one of these fun Lego monsters!
- The Noisy Little Monster Song from Let’s Play Music.
The kids will have lots of fun singing this song and doing all the actions.
- Free Monster Printables for Kids from Natural Beach Living.
Download these printables for lots of monstrous fun.
- Play the Mixed Up Monster Doodle Game from Pink Stripey Socks.
This is such a fun and silly game for all ages.
- Disappearing Monster Activity from Toddler Approved.
This is so fun, I bet the kids will want to do it again and again
- Homemade Monster Spray from Happy Hooligans.
This is great to make with kids who are afraid of monsters.
- Free Printable Build a Monster from Itsy Bitsy Fun.
Have fun making all kinds of crazy monsters.
- Monster Themed Eye Spy Game Printable from Next Comes L.
This free printable eye spy game would be perfect to keep the kids buys while traveling.
- Monster Blocks from Adventure in a Box.
Make a set of these fun monster blocks for your kids to play with.
- Monster Song – Free Printable from No Time for Flash Cards.
‘Horns and fangs, knees and claws…’ this song is so much fun!
- Monster Patches from Art Bar.
The next time the kids get a hole in their jeans, you have to try this!
- Mixed up Monsters for Bathtime from Childhood101
These monsters will make bathtime loads of fun!
- How to Fold Monster Origami Claws from Pink Stripey Socks.
The kids will love making these and pretending to be monsters!
Monster Crafts for Preschoolers
Do you have a friendly monster living at your house? If not, why don’t you create one or try one of these super fun monster crafts and activities for kids!
Monster Activities for Preschool
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Monster Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Feed the Monster Printable
- Monsters Inc Slime
- Free Monster Memory Game
- Monster Math
- Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Monster Alphabet Letters
- Monster Counting with Google Eyes
- Fun Monster Preschool Theme
- Monsters Family Fun Night
- HUGE Monster Worksheets Pack (with silly Monsters University friends)
- 100 EPIC Monster Crafts for preschoolers
Crafts Ideas for Kids
- Paper Roll Bunny Craft
- 100 Amazing Zoo Animal Crafts
- These tin foil art projects are fun-to-make and so pretty!
- Folded Paper Elephant Craft Bookmark
- Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Creative Pipe Cleaner Crafts kids will want to make
- Stunning Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft
- Bubble Wrap Painting Rain Craft
- Outrageously Cute Googly Eye Crafts
- Tissue Paper Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
- Star Wars Crafts that are from a galaxy far, far away
- Super cute Thing 1 and Thing 2 Craft
- Must-try Popsicle Stick Crafts
- Over 100 Fun Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super fun Spin Art Flower Craft for Kids
- This Monet art project for kids is a fun way to introduce famous artists for kids with a stunning project!
- Lovely Coffee Filter Crafts for kids
- Check out these toilet paper roll crafts
- Try these paper plate crafts for all occasions
- Clever Fall Crafts for Kids
- Silly Monster Crafts for kids of all ages
- Cute Handprint Alphabet Crafts from A to Z
- Letter Crafts sorted A-Z
- Learn your letters with these free printable alphabet crafts