Today we are sharing a cute paper plate apple craft that is perfect for celebrating apple month in September. This super cute coffee filter apple craft uses simple craft supplies and a few easy steps to make a fun fall craft for the new school year. Toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, first graders, and 2nd graders can also learn about the parts of an apple as they put together their apple craft!
Coffee Filter Apple Craft
I just love September! You still get some warm days, but fall is in the air. Some leaves have started to fall. A new school year has started giving us all a fresh slate and new routine. But what I love most is making yummy apple recipes and creating cute apple crafts with my toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, grade 1, and grade 2 children. This adorable coffee filter apple craft is pretty and an easy apple craft to make as a September craft for kids.
All you need to make this apple coffee filter craft are a few common craft supplies you probably have laying around your house!
- red paper plate, any size
- coffee filter
- brown paper
- green paper
- black marker
Parts of an Apple Craft
If making this craft with younger kids who aren’t as confident using scissors, I suggest prepping these things before hand:
- cut out the leaf from the green
- cut the stem shapes from the brown paper
- cut the center out of the red paper plate to make the apple’s skin (make sure the space you left can be covered by the size of coffee filter you have) – make sure to leave the rim of the paper plate intact.
Paper Plate Apple Craft
Next, flip over the paper plate, and glue the coffee filter onto the backside.
The white coffee filter is the apple’s flesh, the center is the core.
After the coffee filter is secure, flip the plate back over and attach the stem using glue. Next, attach the leaf.
Next you will make the seeds. Use black marker to make small oval shapes around the center of the coffee filter.
Alternatively, you can use black pant and make a few finger prints. You can also use black paper to cut out small ovals and glue them to the center.
After your the glue dries, the paper plate apple craft is complete, ready to enjoy just in time for Fall!
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Math Apple Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Apple Roll and Cover Dice Game
- Hole-Punching, Count to 20 Apple Activities for Preschoolers – free printable
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Addition Coloring Worksheets
- Number Bonds Apple Math
- Apple Counting Worksheet
- Free Printable Multiplication Games
- Letter A Worksheets, printables, and games for kids
- Apple Themed Free Alpahbet Strip pdf Activity
- Alphbet Puzzles – Apple Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheets pdf with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Letter A Activity sorting upper and lowercase letters for pre-k and kindergarten
- Printable Apple Compound Words Worksheet
- Find the Letter Apple Tracing Worksheets
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds – print in black and white or color
- Color the correct apples in these Nouns and Verbs Worksheets
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
- Free Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Printable Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Simple Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Activities
- Free Printable Apple Experiment Worksheet
- I Spy Preschool Apple Worksheets
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Apple Handprint Craft for Kids – w/ free printable
- Easy Apple Core and torn paper Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Alphabet Lacing Apple Craft
- Clever Bubble Wrap Apple Craft
- Coffee Filter Apple Craft
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts Preschool