Today we are sharing a cute paper plate apple craft that is perfect for celebrating apple month in September. This super cute coffee filter apple craft uses simple craft supplies and a few easy steps to make a fun fall craft for the new school year. Toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, first graders, and 2nd graders can also learn about the parts of an apple as they put each part together!
Coffee Filter Apple Craft
I just love September! You still get some warm days, but fall is in the air. Some leaves have started to fall. A new school year has started giving us all a fresh slate and new routine. But what I love most is making yummy apple food and creating cute apple crafts with my toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, grade 1, and grade 2 children. This adorable coffee filter apple craft is pretty and an easy apple craft to make.
Paper Plate Apple Craft
All you need to make this apple coffee filter craft are a few common craft supplies you probably have laying around your house!
- red paper plate, any size
- coffee filter
- brown paper
- green paper
- black marker
Parts of an Apple Craft
If making this craft with younger kids who aren’t as confident using scissors, I suggest prepping these things before hand:
- cut out the leaf from the green
- cut the stem shapes from the brown paper
- cut the center out of the red paper plate to make the apple’s skin (make sure the space you left can be covered by the size of coffee filter you have) – make sure to leave the rim of the paper plate intact.
Paper Plate Apple
Next, flip over the paper plate, and glue the coffee filter onto the backside.
The white coffee filter is the apple’s flesh, the center is the core.
After the coffee filter is secure, flip the plate back over and attach the stem using glue. Next, attach the leaf.
Next you will make the seeds. Use black marker to make small oval shapes around the center of the coffee filter.
Alternatively, you can use black pant and make a few finger prints. You can also use black paper to cut out small ovals and glue them to the center.
After your the glue dries, the paper plate apple craft is complete, ready to enjoy just in time for Fall!
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Apple Math Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Prek Worksheets
- Apple Number Bonds Activities
- Free Alphabet Desk Cart (apple theme and more)
- Apple Life Cycle Printable Pack
- Letter A
- Apple ABC Game
- Apple Seed Counting Activity – Count to 20
- I Spy Preschool – Apples
- Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheet with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Number Bond to 10 Practical Activities
- Counting Apples Worksheet
- Apple Basket Multiplication Game
- Johnny Appleseed Coloring Page
- Apple Count to 20 Home Punching Apple Munching Activity
- Apple Alphabet Activity – Letter Recognition Game
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Life Cycle Spinner
- Alphabet Apple Lacing Craft
- Printable Apple Compound Words for Kids
- Apple Addition Coloring Pages
- Fun Johnny Appleseed Day Activities
- Apple Find the letter and Tracing Worksheets
- Fun Apple Experiment Worksheet
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds
- Verbs for Apples
- Apple Theme BUNDLE
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Handprint Apple Craft for Kids
- Paper Plate Apple Core Craft
- Apple Bubble Wrap Art Projects
- ABC Apple Lacing Craft
- Coffee Filter and Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Easy Apple Pie Playdough that smells like fall!
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts for Preschoolers