Syllable clip cards
Fall will be here before we know it so why not get in the mood with these interactive Fall Syllable Clip Cards. Your students will have so much fun sounding out and marking their answer with clothes pins that they will not even realize they are learning! This early reading skill is perfect for kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. We’ve included words with 1 syllables, 2 syllables, and 3 syllables. This free printable also comes in color OR black and white to save you on printer ink costs.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will love this literacy activity for fall! Use this as extra practice, literacy center in your classroom, or an educational activity to supplement your phonics curriculum.
Free printable syllable cards
More Syllable Activities for Kids:
It is recommended that you print these on cardstock and laminate prior to use. This will allow you to reuse this printable year after year!
All you will have to do to prepare is cut the clip cards out. If you use a paper trimmer, you will be done in no time.
I always love storing centers like these in a pencil box. I can put the printable and the clip cards together and students can easily access them throughout the fall months.
Students will start this activity by choosing a clip card from the pile. Then they say the name of the picture out loud. I feel like this helps students better find how many syllables the word has.
- 1 syllable words – leaf, rake, pie, hay, barn, map, corn, tree, straw, seed, ship
- 2 syllable words – scarecrow, apple, pumpkin, turkey, bucket, tractor,
- 3 syllable words – sunflower, cranberries
Using a clothespin, students can then place it on the correct number of syllables the given picture has.
Students will continue these steps until all clip cards have been completed, placing the completed cards to the side.
If you do not like using clothespins, no problem! You can easily use mini erasers or any other manipulative you may have you in your classroom.
This Fall Syllable Clip Cards set also comes with a black and white option. Children will strengthen fine motor skill sand have fun decorating the fall coloring pictures with crayons, markers, or colored pencils.
Fall Activities for Preschool
Looking for more fun, fall printables to make leaning fun for prek kids? Take a peak at these:
- Pumpkin Shape Games for Preschoolers
- Fall Bingo Dauber Printables
- Pumpkin Pie Counting Activity
- Fall Sticker Worksheets
- Tracing Numbers Worksheets for Fall
- Fall Shapes for Preschoolers Printable Reader
- Autumn Color by Letter Kindergarten
- Fall Playdough Cards
- Free Printable Sight Word Games for Fall
- Fall Color by Number Worksheets
- Printable Fall Counting Worksheets
- Pumpkin Traceable Alphabet
- Fall Counting Pumpkins Reader
- Printable Hat Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
- Fall Number Mats
- Nature Scavenger Hunt Printables
- Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Fall Sequencing Activities
- Free Alphabet Flip Book Printable – apple theme
- Fall Number Game for Preschoolers
- Fall Worksheets for Preschool – HUGE pack!
- Cereal Fall Tree Craft
- Printable Leaves Fall Wreath Craft
- Leaf Printing with Markers – fun Fall Crafts for Preschool
Download Fall Syllable Clip Cards
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.