Celebrate the arrival of Autumn with this beautiful fall leaves craft! The simple, but stunning leaf craft uses the timeless coffee filter leaf with a twist to create truly breaktaking leaf suncatchers! Try this gorgeous easy fall crafts with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too. Simply print the fall leaves printable, grab a couple simple materials, and let’s get crafting!
Fall Leaves Craft
Looking for fun-to-make leaf craft ideas? These super pretty fall leaf crafts for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students are exactly the fall craft for kids you were looking for. Make stunning autumn leaves craft creating red, orange, yellow, green, and multi-colored leaves to brighten your windows, doors, shelves, and home this September, October, and November. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will want to try these leaf projects for preschoolers!
Leaf Craft Ideas
All you need to make this stunning leaf craft are a few simple materials you probably already have on hand:
- fall leaves printable
- coffee filters (any size)
- pencil for tracing
- washable kid’s paint in fall colors (yellow, red, orange)
- pippette or dropper
Fall leaf crafts for preschoolers
Pour a little of the red paint in a small container like a film canister. Add a little bit of water and mix. A little paint goes a long way. Repeat with other fall colors like orange, yellow, green, brown, etc.
Use a pipette or dropper to suck up a little bit of the diluted paint mixture. Now randomly squeeze to drop it onto the coffee filter in various places.
Coffee Filter Leaf
Repeat with whatever colors you would like your leaf to be.
Autumn Leaves Craft
Feel free to drop colors on top of each other and watch the colors mix and spread!
We even did a traditional green leaf one too. I love the different tones of green created by using reen and yellow. I love that these leaves will look like they are just starting to turn yellow at the very beginning of fall.
Leaf Projects for Preschoolers
Once the coffee filters are dry put the cutout leaf template over the coffee filter and trace with a pencil. Cut out the leaves. Their are lot sof choices of sizes and shapes of leaves.
Use a marker to highlight the stem and veins in the leaes brinking out colors already in the leaves. We used red for the above orange / yellow leaves.
How pretty did these orange and red leaves turn out!?!
Easy Fall Crafts
We used green to add details to these pretty yellow and green leaves. I just love the bright, bold yellow color.
These pretty green leaves make a fun craft for any time fo the year. I love the different shades of green which make them not only stunning, but more natural looking too!
Fall crafts for preschoolers
Isn’t this pile of pretty coffee filter leaves so stunning! It looks just like fall doesn’t it?! I was amazed by the bright, vibrant colors it created.
Now hang the leaves on your window to not only make a pretty decoration but a coffee filter suncatcher that will brighten up all the windows in your house!
Leaf Crafts for Kids
Looking for more fun fall craft projects? Check out these fun ideas:
- Autumn Watercolor Salt Painting Leaf Craft
- Crayon Resist Fall Leaf Art
- EASY Fall Leaf Crafts for Preschoolers
- Stunning Suncatcher Fall Leaves Craft for Preschoolers and Kids
- Lots of Fall Crafts for kids of all ages
- Edible Candy Corn Playdough
Fall Crafts for Kids
- Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
- Printable Hat Fall Craft for Preschool
- Wreath Fall Craft with free printable leaves template
- Fall Leaf Printing Activity for kids with markers
- Cute Cereal Fall Tree Craft for Kids
- Styrofoam Peanut Fall Tree Craft
- 100+ Fall Crafts for Kids
- Kadinsky Inspired Fall Leaf Art Project
- Scarecrow Printable CVC Word Mats Fall Activities for Kindergarten
- FREE Fall Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Printable Scarecrow Pronoun Game
- Scarecrow Worksheets Pack with 50+ pages of math and literacy skills
- Fall Sequencing Cards and Sequencing Worksheets
- Learning Colors Printable Fall Games
- Letter Matching Leaf Printable Activity
- Fall Worksheets Pack with 50+ pages of math and literacy skills
- Fall Theme or Fall Theme Preschool
- Cute Fall Playdough Mats
- Fall Do a Dot Printables
- Color Word Fall Worksheets
- Fall Books for Preschoolers,these fall picture books, or these fall books for kids
- Simple Fall Coloring Pages
Fall Activities for Kindergarten
- Alphabet Fall Printable
- Scarecrow Short O Words Printable
- Fall Sight Words Game
- Alphabet Candy Corn Math Puzzles – Fall Activities for Kindergarten
- Nonsense Words Fall Activities for Kindergarten
- Color by Letter Fall Worksheets
- Squirrel Fall Worksheets for kids
- Cute Fall Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Nature Fall Scavenger Hunt or this Fall Leaf Scavenger Hunt
- Beginning Blends Fall Activity
- Syllable Clip Cards Fall Activity for Kindergarten
- Free Fall Writing Prompts
- Leaf Alphabet Letters Matching Activity
- Color Words Fall Emergent Reader
- Fall Science ideas for kids
- EASY Why do Leaves Change Color Experiment
- Fall I Spy Printable
- September Activities for Kids
- Counting Fall Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Fall Playdough Mats – Counting Leaves
- Skip Counting Fall Math Worksheets
- My Fall Counting Book – Fall Activity for Kindergarten
- Fall Nubmer Words Donut Worksheets
- Fall Counting Book for Pre-K
- Acorn Counting Game
- Multiplication Candy Corn Math or Addition/Subtraction Candy Corn Math Puzzles or Candy Corn Fall Math Number Puzzles
- Count and Clip Fall Math Activities for Preschoolers (or this pumpkin set)
- Fall Math Counting Crows Activity
- Addition Fall Worksheets with Stickers (sticker alphabet fall worksheets or number recognition fall worksheets or color recognition fall worksheets)
- Fall Activities sorting pretty leaves by shape
- Printable Fall Number Game for Preschoolers
- Fall Color by Number
- Number Tracing Fall Worksheets
Pumpkin Activities for Kids
- Phonics Printable Pumpkin Activities
- Pumpkin Activities Printable Shape Matching Game
- Parts of a Pumpkin Craft
- Pumpkin kindergarten sight word games online
- Number Bonds Pumpkin Math
- Pumpkin Matching Game
- October Crafts for Kids
- Counting Free Pumpkin Activity Printables
- Candy Count and Trace Pumpkin Activities
- Pumpkin Printables Counting Mats
- Learning Shapes Pumpkin Playdough Mats
- Word Family Pumpkin Activities
- Shape Game – Pumpkin Activities for Preschoolers
- Counting Spider Activities
- Pumpkin Traceable Letters
- Printable Pumpkin Math for Kindergartners
- Letter Find Pumpkin Worksheets
Apple Activities for Kids
- Find the Letter Apple Worksheets
- Number Apple Coloring Pages
- Apple Sight Words Tree
- Apple Browning Experiment with FREE Oxidation Worksheet
- Stunning, Easy Apple Craft for Preschoolers and Kids
- Fun Paper Plate Apple Craft for kids
- Easy Apple Core and torn paper Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Hole-Punching, Count to 20 Apple Activities for Preschoolers – free printable
- Alphbet Puzzles – Apple Activities for Preschoolers
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds – print in black and white or color
- Skittles Apple Science Experiment for Kids
- Free Printable Apple Experiment Worksheet
- Yellow Fluffy Apple SLime
- Scented Apple Playdough Recipe
- Paper Plate Apple Craft for Preschoolers
Leaf Template Printable
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
>> Leaf printable <<
Beth, thank you very much for sharing your creative ideas! I have come out of retirement as a a Speech Language Pathologist and gave away all my materials. This will be a big help!