Make practicing letter recognition and letter discrimination with this super cute and free printable alphabet game for fall. Kids can work on upperand lowercase letter identification using a fall theme for preschool, pre k, and kindergarten. Just print, cut, and go! It’s as easy as that!
Whether you’re working on uppercase or lowercase letters with your preschoolers, this alphabet game is perfect for your fall homeschool preschool lessons.
Print out the squirrel alphabet cards. There is one set of uppercase cards and one set of lowercase cards. Cut each set apart. Laminate them for durability. You can mix them together, or you can store them separately depending on what your focus is at the moment. To work on letter recognition, you can use these cards like flashcards. Hold up a card and have your preschooler name the letter featured on the card. Or, spread them out and have your preschooler hunt for the card you name.
To work on letter matching, you can do one of two things. You can print two of each set of cards – meaning you’ll have two sets of uppercase cards and two sets of lowercase cards. This allows you to have your preschooler match uppercase to uppercase and lowercase to lowercase.
Or, you can just print out one set of each and have your preschoolers match uppercase to lowercase.
You can take the letter matching activity one step forward by using the Nuts About the Alphabet recording page. Have your preschool choose a squirrel letter card, and find the matching acorn on the recording page. Color the acorn to match the squirrel.
These activity sheets can be used multiple ways. Your preschooler can match uppercase to uppercase, lowercase to lowercase, or lowercase to uppercase.
This activity is easy to use with preschoolers at multiple stages of letter identification and letter matching, because it includes both uppercase and lowercase letters.
Looking for more alphabet printables that will making learning letters from A to Z fun? Check out all these free printables to choose from:
- These Free Alphabet hats are one of our most popular posts! There is a black and white page for each letter of the alphabet. Young learners will love wearing their alphabet crown featuring the letter of the week.
- Free ABC Letter Find Printable
- You will love these A to Z Letter find worksheets! Each of these clever alphabet worksheets has a different theme corresponding to the sound the alphabet letter makes. Students will color the picture that contain the upper and lowercase letters featured on teach page.
- If you are focusing on one letter at a time these Alphabet Mini Books are perfect! Simply color, fold, and read to help kids gain vocabulary and learn lots of words that start with the featured letter.
- There are lots of alphabet playdough mats out there, but our are free AND interactive! Kids will make the alphabet letter and use pladough (or crayons) to complete the picture featuring the alphabet sound.
- Kids will love forming uppercase letters our of Lego Duplo bricks with our Free Duplo Alphabet Mats. There is also a space for kids to practice tracing letters at the bottom.
- You will love these NO PREP Alphabet Coloring Pages which help preschool and kindergarten age kids practice listening for beginning sounds.
Fun Squirrel Books for Kids
Fall Activities for Preschool
Looking for more fun, fall printables to make leaning fun for prek kids? Take a peak at these:
- Pumpkin Shape Games for Preschoolers
- Fall Bingo Dauber Printables
- Pumpkin Pie Counting Activity
- Fall Sticker Worksheets
- Tracing Numbers Worksheets for Fall
- Fall Shapes for Preschoolers Printable Reader
- Autumn Color by Letter Kindergarten
- Fall Playdough Cards
- Free Printable Sight Word Games for Fall
- Fall Color by Number Worksheets
- Printable Fall Counting Worksheets
- Pumpkin Traceable Alphabet
- Fall Counting Pumpkins Reader
- Printable Hat Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
- Fall Number Mats
- Nature Scavenger Hunt Printables
- Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Fall Sequencing Activities
- Free Alphabet Flip Book Printable – apple theme
- Fall Number Game for Preschoolers
- Fall Worksheets for Preschool – HUGE pack!
- Cereal Fall Tree Craft
- Printable Leaves Fall Wreath Craft
Download Nuts About the Alphabet Game
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.