Fall is right around the corner! I just love this time of year. The air is starting to cool, and the leaves are beginning to change. Today we have a beautiful Leaf Wreath Printable Fall Craft to share with you. This Leaf Wreath Craft for Kids is great for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students. Use the free leaf template to make your own leaves even before the leaves in your own back yard start changing outside!
Printable Fall Craft
We just have a few leaves changing outside right now, but we really wanted to make a Fall wreath craft for kids to welcome fall. We also love to paint with watercolor, so I figured we could make our own colorful red, yellow, orange, brown, green, and purple leaves to make an easy fall craft for kids. This super cute free Printable Fall Craft is a fun fall art project for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students.
Their are 7 leaves on the black and white leaf printable page. Not only does printing in blackline save on printer ink, but it allows students to decorate their own leaves in fall colors. Their are lots of different types of leaves with various shapes in the leaf worksheet including oak, dogwood, beech, maple, aspen, hickory, birch, and more.
To make this super cute leaf wreath craft, you need the following materials:
- fall wreath craft for kids printable (below)
- watercolor paint and a paintbrush
- double-sided tape (or regular tape)
- optional: additional decorations (ribbon, fall-themed stickers, mini-pinecones, acorns, etc) and a way to attach it to the paper plate (some things may need hot glue)
Use watercolor paint in fall colors to paint the leaves on the template to your liking.
After you have coloured all the free leaf template using crayons, markers, colored pencils, watercolor, tempera paint, oil pastels, or whatever other art supply you choose to use, let the page dry completely.
Leaf Wreath Template
Use scissors to cut out the entire center of a paper plate. Now cut out all of the beautiful fall colored leaves you decorated.
Leaf Craft for Kids
To complete your leaf wreath craft for kids, use double-sided tape or glue to attach the leaves to attach them to the plate. We didn’t have double-sided tape on hand, so we used rolled regular tape to complete our leaf craft.
Hint: We choose not to use glue because we wanted to be able to reposition the leaves as we attached them in case we needed more or less room.
Now the leaf wreath project is complete! You can leave it as is, or you can add additional decorations.
Fall Leaf Craft for Kids
We chose a scrap piece of burlap ribbon to complete our super cute fall leaf craft and hung the wreath on our front door. How pretty! We are ready for fall! Happy Fall Ya’ll!
Fall Craft Ideas
- Styrofoam Tree Fall Craft for Kids
- Cereal Fall Craft for Kids
- Fall Science Experiments
- 200 Fall Crafts for Kids
- Bubble Wrap Apple Craft for Kids
- Styrofoam Packing Peanuts Leaf Craft for Kids
- Leaf Printing with markers – a Fall Craft for Kids
- Free Fall Coloring Pages for Kids
- Rubber band Pumpkin Craft for Kids
- Kandinsky Inspired Fall Art Project
- Torn Paper Turkey Craft for Kids
- Pumpkin Seed Turkey Craft for Kids
Fall Learning Ideas
- Fall Color Sticker Worksheets
- Printable Fall Leaf Letter Matching
- Fall Themed Worksheets for Kids
- Fall Leaves Counting Mats
- Fall Color by Number Worksheets
- Printable Fall Emergent Reader
- Fall Counting Worksheets
- Fall Nature Scavenger Hunt BINGO
- Free Fall Coloring Pages
- How do Leaves Change Color Science Experiment for Kids
- Color and Trace Fall Number Worksheets
- Printable Fall Alphabet Reader
- Fall Playdough Mats
- Printable Fall Craft Hats
- Fall Sequencing Activity for Kids
Wreath Leaf Template
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal or personal classroom use only.
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!