It’s autumn! Encourage young students to write with these super cute, free printable, fall writing prompts. Simply download the pdf file and you are ready to use these creative writing prompts to encourage kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students to practice writing this September, October, and November. Each of these fall writing worksheets have cute clipart, ruled lines, a word bank, and additional word cards.
Fall Writing Prompts
Using the picture cues on each Fall Writing Prompts writing page, young learners will write creative stories (or just a sentence or two) about autumn and autumn activities. The picture prompts are designed to get kids’ creative juices flowing. They can look at each image and get as creative as they want. This is a fun writing activity for kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will love these handy free writing prompts to print and pass out. These are such a fun way for kid to celebrate fall, falling leaves, gathering pumpkins, picking apples, cute scarecrows, and fall themes.
Without a formal writing prompt on the page, they aren’t locked in to a predetermined topic. They are free to interpret the image any way they’d like. Take a peak at all our FREE creative writing prompts for elementary age kids!
Fall writing prompts first grade
Free writing prompts with word banks
Each writing page contains a word bank. A word bank is helpful for reluctant writers. It may spark a story or sentence.
It’s also helpful for great writers. A word bank gives them a visual so they won’t have to stop and ask how a related word is spelled. This allows them more freedom to be creative, because they won’t interrupt their thought process.
Fall writing prompts kindergarten
This pack also includes a blank writing page. This page is helpful for kids who love to write and need more room. It’s also helpful for children who want to write an autumn-themed story about a completely different topic than the picture prompts provide.
There is also a page of related word cards. These are beneficial for more spelling practice. You could also challenge older students to include a few of these bonus words in their story (or sentence) writing.
Free Writing Prompts
Looking for more writing activities? Try these
- On the Farm Writing Prompts
- FREE Printable Handwriting Paper
- Roll a Character – Fun Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Jungle Writing Prompts
- Star Wars Writing Prompts
- Spring Writing Prompts
- October Writing Prompts
- Picture Writing Prompts Kindergarten
- Pattern Writing
- March Writing Prompts
- Farm Writing Prompts
- Whale Ocean Writing Prompts
- Pineapple Writing Activities for Kindergarten
- Build and Write Lego Writing Prompts
- Free Winter Writing Prompts
- Roll a Character Writing Activity
- Free Autumn Writing Prompts
- **Plus don’t miss all 500+ pages of Fun Writing Prompts for kids of all ages!
Have other children you are homeschooling? You will want to check out our pre k worksheets, first grade worksheets, and free alphabet printables. Plus find our history for kids and easy science experiments for kids or all our free printable worksheets for kids.
Fall Writing Prompts PDF
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.