You will love this seashell alphabet – a fun summer alphabet activity to keep preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten students engaged and learning over the break! This seashell activity is a matching upper and lowercase letters activity perfect for working on letter discrimination. This summer activity for preschoolers is quick and easy to prep! Simply print the pdf file with the beach printables and you are ready to play and learn with summer activiites for kindergarten.
Matching upper and lowercase letters
Beach theme preschool
This printable beach activities for preschoolers is an educational alphabet activity! The beach printable includes 26 sand buckets, 52 uppercase seashells, and 52 lowercase seashells. All pieces include easy to cut apart gray dotted lines to make prepping the activity even easier!
Print the activity from the link below. For my preschoolers, I like to print on cardstock and then laminate my printable activities. This just keeps the pieces around longer when after their little fingers bend and twist them as they play!
Summer Activity for Preschoolers
You can choose how fancy you get with this set of alphabet printables. The dotted lines are included, but you can cut the sand buckets and seashells out completely if you prefer. I don’t like to spend more time prepping than I have to, so I love straight lines!
The object of the seashell uppercase and lowercase alphabet match is to match all of the seashell correctly to the corresponding sand buckets. How you choose to play will depend on the learning levels and skills you are working on. Feel free to differentiate as needed!
Summer Activities for Kindergarten
The alphabet seashells include 2 sets of uppercase letters and 2 sets of lowercase letters for each sand bucket. For more advanced preschoolers and kindergarteners, matching all 4 seashells to the correct bucket can be the goal.
For those kids who have not mastered uppercase letters yet, focus on just working with the uppercase seashells. What’s great about this activity is that you can model matching one seashell to the sand bucket, and then the child can work on finding the other seashell. This can also be done in small group with partners while they work together to each find an uppercase letter.
After mastering matching the uppercase letters, move to the lowercase lettered seashells. To limit the overwhelming feeling of so many seashells waiting to be matched, take the uppercase seashells out of the activity at first. Consider just offering one set of lowercase seashells at first.
Whichever way you play, lots of letter recognition practice will happen! Plus don’t miss these handy, free printable alphabet worksheets to practice tracing letters.
Summer worksheets for kindergarten
Looking for more fun, summer theme educational activities for prek and kinders? Check out these free summer printables!
- Summer Letter Matching Alphabet Puzzles
- Learn about life cycles with these ladybug life cycle worksheet
- Garden Kindergarten sight Word Activities
- Pail and Shovel Matching Letter Game for Summer
- I Spy Pirate Game
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- Hands-on Ice Cream Compound Word Activity
- Garden theme Telling Time Worksheets
- Seed FInd the Letter Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Summer Lego Challenge
- Water Gun Parts of Speach Game
- Playdough Counting Mat Activity with Watermelon Seed Printable
- Summertime Dot Art Printables
- Free Printable Beach Worksheets
- Cute Flip Flip Letter Matching
- Bubble Math Worksheets
- Strawberry Picking Summer Rhyming Activity
Summer Worksheets for Kids
- Smores Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Smore complete sentence game
- Cute Summer Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Fun Summer Color by Number pages to work on number recognition and hand muscles
- Work on writing with these June Writing Prompts
- Convenient Summer Writing Prompts with ruled lines and pictures to color
- Pool Summer Worksheets for Preschoolers
- HUGE pack of Garden Worksheets to practice a variety of math and literacy skills
- Summer Number Recognition Coloring Worksheets
- Cute Watermelon Seed Counting Worksheet
- Skip Counting Summer Worksheets
- Simple, Free Beach Coloring Pages
- Summer Activity Pages
- Seashell Alphabet Matching Activity
- Firefly Math Printable Counting Game
- Free Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sight Word Mazes – Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sun Summer Tracing Worksheets
- Pool Count and Trace Summer Activities for Kindergarten
- Sandcastle Letter Tracing Summer Activities for Kindergarten
In between reading a good book, sneak in some epic fun with these summer activities for kids of all ages:
- 107 Fun Summer Activities
- How to Make a Lava Lamp
- Water Balls Summer Activity
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- June Activity Calendar
- Exploding Watermelon Science
- Homemade Bubble Solution for GIANT Bubbles
- How to Make Chalk for Summer FUN
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
Seashell Uppercase and Lowercase Alphabet Match
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.