Kids will have fun practicing homophones with these super cute, free printable homophone puzzles. This literacy activity is fun for kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students during October and fall.
Do you know what a homophone is? Homophones are two words that sound the same, but are spelled differently and have different meanings. For example sun and son are read the same, but one means the sun that shines in the sky and the other means a male child. Another example is hair and hair. They are not only spelled differently, but they mean two completely different things – bunny and hair you brush. These pumpkin homophone puzzles are a fun way for kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students to practice matching homophones with a fun, engaging activity for fall.
Simply print in color on cardstock or laminate for durability. Then cut along the dotted lines to not only cut out the pumpkins, but make them into puzzles.
If you print them front and back the name of the picture will appear on the back of the puzzle piece too in case kids get stuck with what a picture is.
These are simple to make and LOW PREP!
Students will then match pumpkin halve so they have a pair of homophones – the word sounds the same, but it is spelled differently and means different things.
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See more of our second grade worksheets plus our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
3rd Grade Worksheets
- Free 3rd Grade Math Worksheets with answer keys
- See all our our 3rd grade worksheets and educational activities
- Grade 3 Reading Books pdf list or this printable 3rd grade reading list
- Two Digit Addition Math Game
- Three Digit Addition Math Game
- 2 Digit Subtraction Math Game
- Ice Cream Sundae Place Value Activity
- PB & J Place Value Activity
- Pirate Place Value Game
3rd Grade Math
- Free Printable Skip Counting Charts
- Skip Counting Worksheets
- Hands-on Skip Coutning Puzzles
- Lego Multiplication Flashcards – help kids gain fluency with these free printable flashcards
- Practice Multiplication with Hopscotch – quick to learn and play multiplication math game for 1-2 players
- Home Run Division – kids will get excited about practicing math with this baseball themed division math game for 1-2 players
- Deck of Cards Division -these division worksheets are ever changing making it a wonderful, hands on way for kids to practice math!
- Multiplication Mini book – help kids learn their math facts by making this handy multiplication facts book
- Skip Counting Posters – handy tool to help kids learn to skip count by 1s-12s to make a firm foundation for multiplication and division
- Robot Money Practice – easy, no prep robot themed activty for kids to practice counting money
- Telling Time Puzzles – kids will have fun putting together the puzzle as they practice figuring out what time it is
- Knights Quest Division Math Game – a clever division game with a medieval castle / knight theme!
- Hot Chocolate Math: Multiplication & Division
3rd Grade Language Arts
- FREE Book Report Tempalte 3rd Grade or this simple Book Report Template
- Creative Sandwich Book Report or this fun Pizza Book Report
- Pirate Parts of Speech Worskheets
- Detective Parts of Speech Games Printable
- 20 FUn Punctuation Activities for Kids
- Pumpkin Homophone Activity
- LOTS of FREE Printable Writing Prompts
- Free SPelling Dictionary
- Dictionary Detective Activity with free printable cases with answer keys!
3rd Grade Social Studies
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- Make a teepee, dig for arrowheads, color our printable books and more in this Native Americans for Kids lessons
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- Geography Treasure Hunt Activity
- Snap Geography Games for Kids
3rd Grade Science
- Free Scientific Method Worksheet
- Playdough Layers of the Earth activity
- Free Printable Seasons Worksheets w/ Free 4 Season Printables
- EPIC Lego Water Cycle Model for Kids
- Large Printable Weather Unit for kids
- Rain Cloud for Kids experiment and free worksheet
- Water Cycle for Kids Printable Book
- Hibernation preschool activities learning about weather
- Severe Storms for Kids – includes tornado in a bottle, what to do in an emergency, and storm worksheets for kids
- How to Make a Weather Vane – easy weather science project for elementary age students
- Lots of fun ideas for a weather theme this week
- Clever Rain Craft for kids to make
- Simple Air Pressure Experiments for kids
- Recycling Worksheets
- Animal Classification Worksheets
- LOTS of projects to learn about the human body for kids
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Lesson
Pumpkin Homophone Puzzles
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!