These fun multiplication pumpkin math puzzles are a wonderful way to review multiplication facts for 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.
Multiplication Pumpkin Math Puzzles
All over Facebook, posts about fall weather and everything pumpkin has reminded me that September is drawing to a close. Unfortunately, the weather in Georgia has not gotten the memo that fall is coming, and we are still “enjoying” 90-degree heat and humidity. But despite what the weather outside is saying, October is almost here and it is time for a little pumpkin fun.
And today, that pumpkin fun comes in the way of multiplication puzzles.
I don’t know about your kiddos, but my oldest can skip count like a pro. But when it comes time to solve a multiplication problem he can’t remember it without skip counting. This year we will be doing a lot of work on multi-digit multiplication and he needs to know his facts without skip counting.
We have been playing a lot of games, but today I thought these simple puzzles would be a little change and a fun way to review.
Like most puzzles, these multiplication puzzles do require a little prep-work. But once they are done, they can be used over and over again.
- First, print off the puzzles using card stock paper.
- Next, cut them out and laminate if desired!
- Finally, bring in your third-grade student that needs a little extra multiplication practice, and let the fun begin.
To begin, I just handed my third grader a stack of puzzles and let him go for it. But as I watched, I saw he was reverting back to his skip counting to solve the problems.
Seeing that, I knew a challenge was in order.
Without him being aware, I set my cell phone timer to see how long it took him to complete all the puzzles. When he completed all of them, I showed him how long it took him. Being the competitive guy he is, he quickly determined to do it quicker. All week I timed him, and I’m happy to say that by the end of the week his time had greatly improved….as well as the need to skip count to find the answer!
Pumpkin Activities for Kids
- Free Pumpkin Word Family Sliders
- Fun Pumpkin Counting Mats
- Fall Sticker Addition Worksheets
- Printable Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheets
- Cute Pumpkin Rhymes
- Pumpkin Colors
- Tracing Letters with Pumpkin Alphabet Strips
- Order of Operation Pumpkin Puzzles
Download Multiplication Pumpkin Math Puzzles
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.