Make practicing fun with these fall skip counting pumpkin seed trays with the free printable. This pumpkin seed counting is such a fun math activity for kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade students in October.
Pumpkin Seed Counting
Skip counting is a great skill that opens up so many other concepts such as counting on, counting back, addition and subtraction. These fun pumpkin seed skip counting trays will help kids understand the features and concept of skip counting and will essentially lead them to understand the relationship between addition, counting on and skip counting. Read on to learn how you can set these trays up!
Skip Counting Activity
- A4 paper (optional colored paper)
- Pumpkin seeds (any kind)
- Small oven trays
Print whichever mats you want to work on, counting by 2s, 5s, or 10s. Have the mats prepared along with pumpkin seeds for counting. You could choose to print the mats on colored paper like I have or use the colored mats provided.
Pumpkin Skip Counting
To prep and use this center, you will need to show the kids how they can make groups of 2s, 5s, or 10s to truly understand the concept of skip counting. Referring to the skip counting by 2s mat, start by grouping 2 seeds in each column and place them on the trays. Show the students how they can now add by 2 to count how many seeds there are in total. Do this repeatedly and allow them a chance to count and place the seeds in the required columns. You can also use different types of manipulatives with this such as counters, mini erasers and buttons. As long as the kids understand the concept, they can repeatedly do this as they learn to count the seeds by skip counting.
Another way you can use these mats is to provide an opportunity for the kids to practice their ‘counting on’ skills such as there are 2 seeds, count on by 2 (3,4) and so on.
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.