Kids will have fun practicing reading skills with this clever, FREE Pumpkin Pie Word Family Activities for kindergarten and frst graders.
Word Family Activities
To get started with this fun word family game for prek, kindergarten, and first grade kids you just need to print the pumpkin pies for the word families you wish to work on in color on cardstock or laminate for durability.
HINT: On the bottom of the page is a list of what each picture stands for in case kids get stuck as to what the item represents.
Word Family Game
Next cut out the pies. Then cut the pumpkin pie into five slices by cutting along the solid black lines. Now each slice will have only one image or word ending on it.
Word Families Kindergarten
Each pie focuses on a different word family like “ot”. Thre are five slices, one with the “ot” word and four others with images that rhyme with one another.
The word families covered in this literacy activity are:
Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
Kids can try to make just a couple pies at a time – for example all those with the same middle vowel. The more pies kids put together at a time, the more difficult the activity. Kids will continue until they’ve made all 14 pies.
This is such a clever, educational pumpkin activity for kindergartners and first graders during October or November for a pumpkin or thanksgiving theme!
Word Family Activities
Looking for more fun, free printable word family printables to make learning fun for preschoolers, prek, kindergartners, and first graders? You will love these clever ideas and resources:
- Snowman Word Family Printable Spinners
- Christmas Tree Word Family Game
- Pumpkin Pie Word Family Game
- Turkey Word Family Activity
- Kindergarten Word Family Sliders
- CVC Words Booklents – short “a”
- Pumpkin Word Family Printables
- Easter Word Family Activity
- Flower Word Family worksheets Cut & Paste
- Transportation Word Family Printable Sliders (Blends)
- Hershey Kiss Word Family Activity
- Rhyming Word Family Printable Strips
- Lion Rhyming Words Activity
- Planting Carrot CVC Words Activity
- Carrot Word Family Worksheets
- Blowing Bubbles Word Family Activity
- Pumpkin Candy Count & Trace is a fun way to learn with this classic fall candy
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Mats
- Pumpkin Traceable Letters – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Fall Addition Sticker Math Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Words game
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? See more of our 1st grade worksheets plus our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!
Download Pumpkin Pie Word Family Activities
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!