This super cute, simple pumpkin craft for kids is sure to be a hit with your children. Simply print the free printable pumkin craft template and hole punch paint swatch samples to create a truly beautiful fall craft for preschool, pre-k, toddler, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders. Not only does this autumn craft have a rich, deep color, but it is great for strengthening hand muscles and refining that pincer grasp too.
Pumpkin Craft for Kids
When October rolls around I am ready for all things pumpkin. Our house and front porch are decorated with lots of fun pumpkin craft ideas that we have fun making together. This pumpkin craft for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students uses a free printable pumpkin craft printable along with free paint swatches for a truly stunning and unique fall art project. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, you will love making this easy pumpkin craft.
Pumpkin Craft Template
Pumpkin Craft for Preschoolers
All you need to make this lovely pumpkin craft project are a few simple materials:
- black and white pumpkin picture (see bottom of post)
- paint swatches samples from Home Depot, Menards, Lowes, Sherwin Williams, Benjamin Moore, etc.
- hold punch
Pumpkin Craft for Kindergarten
Kids will love making lots of holes in the paint swatches with their holepunch. This is not only loads of fun, but so good for stregthening kids hand muscles so they are ready to begin writing letters and numbers!
Fall Crafts for Kids
You can make your pumpkins in any color you like, but we picked to make a traditional orange pumpkin with non-traditional blue leaves. But feel free to pick any color or combination of colors you like.
Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
Begin gluing the orange hole punches within your pumpkin lines. You should have a variety of different shades of orange which will create a really beautiful depth of color and interest in this project.
Autumn Crafts for Kids
Picking up all the punches is great for helping kids work on that important pincer grasp.
Pumpkin Craft Ideas
Once the pumpkin was completed, we added dots to our leaves.
HINT” If your child covered some of the black lines, no worry! You can use black puffy paint to make them pop again!
Isn’t that such a pretty pumpkin craft for children to make this fall? I love the differetn shades of orange that give it such a beautiful, rich tone! Plus I love easy fall crafts we can do without lots of complex materials or a big mess. Don’t you?
Pumpkin Crafts for Toddlers
Looking for more fun pumpkin activity and craft ideas to try this autumn? Check out these fun ideas:
- Create a Jack-o-Lantern with this amazing Scented Rice Pumpkin Activity
- 50 fun Pumpkin Activities
- Pumpkin Goop with real pumpkin guts!
- Rubberband Pumpkin Craft for kids
- EASY, Edible Pumpkin Cloud Dough
- Turkey Pumpkin Seed Craft
- 100 Pumpkin Crafts for First Grade
- Printable Hats make cute Fall Crafts for preschoolers – so many choices
- 31 October Crafts for Kids
- Edible candy corn playdough recipe you MUST try!
- Amazing Spider SLime
- Fun-to-Make Corn Wreath Craft for Kids
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheets pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Dissolving Candy Halloween Science Experiments
- Errupting Halloween Pumpkin Volcano Science Experiments
- Printable, Cut-and-Paste Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet
- This Why Do Leaves Change Color experiment is one of our favorite that is so simple and yet so clever!
- Use your leftover Halloween candy to try some of these candy science experiments, or this water displacement with candy, or this fun candy STEM idea.
- Pumpkin Counting activity that uses free printable and pumpkin candy corn to count and trace
- Count to 10 Pumpkin Playdough Mats
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Practice skip counting with this hands-on pumpkin math activity
- Super cute, free printable pumpkin addition game
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun, reusable pumpkin math worksheets are super cute and make practicing addition fun for kindergartners
- Work on color words with this free pumpkin worksheets for preschoolers
- Super cute pumpkin counting activity piling the “whip cream” on the pie slice
- Pumpkin Matching Game
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes printable playdough mats
- Pumpkin Shapes Printable game for kids
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense pumpkin activity for preschoolers
- Work on counting, adding on, and using a number line with this pumpkin counting activity
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Matching Games for Preshoolers
- Work on 0ne-to-one correspondence with this pumpkin math for Kindergarten
- Work on number bonds to 10 with these pumpkin math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this pumpkin math activity for pre-k
- Even older students will have fun getting in on the pumpkin theme with these multiplication pumpkin math puzzles
- These order of operation puzzles are another fun pumpkin math activity for older students.
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Printable Letter Tracing strips
- This find the letter pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Kids will love this phonics Pumpkin Activity for Kindergarten where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Practice reading with these cute, clever and FREE Word Family Sliders Pumpkin Activity for Kindergarten
- Pumpkin Letters for tracing alphabet with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activity for Kindergarten
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Letters and sounds puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzle pumpkin activities
- You’ll love these no-prep Pumpkin Worksheets where students will color by vowels
- These Pumpkin worksheets and printable activities work on rhyming skills to improve reading and spelling
- Find the Letter Alphabet Pumpkin Worksheets
Plus don’t miss our yummy pumpkin recipes for fall:
- Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Waffles
- Cute Pumpkin Krispy Treats
- Deliciuos Pumpkin Chili
- Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Lava Cake Pumpkin Dessert
- 40 Yummy Pumpkin Recipes
- Everyone’s Favorite Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin Craft Printable
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!