Kids will have fun practicing letter tracing and recognizing beginning sounds with these free printable pumpkin puzzles. Grab the alphabet tracing puzzle with a fun fall or pumpkin them perfect for teaching phonics and literacy skills to preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and grade 1 students. These pumpkin puzzle are great for making learning fun for school in October and November.
My children love themed learning activities – they not only keep their attention, but they help students remember what they’ve learned better as well. These pumpkin puzzles are a great way for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students to practice a variety of literacy skills with a fun fall, pumpkin theme activity. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler, you will love using these Alphabet Tracing puzzle in your classroom literacy center, extra practice in your school at home, or supplement learning activity to go along with your homeschooling curriculum.
Alphabet Tracing Puzzle
This pumpkin alphabet activity is a fun way for kids to practice tracing upper and lowercase letters while learning about the sounds letters make. After printing the pages in color, I suggest laminating them not only for durability, but to make it a reusable trace and erase activity.
Alphabet tracing puzzle
To prepare this clever alphabet tracing activity for preschool and kindergarten age kids simply cut the pie out and then cut each pie into 3 slices along the solid lines. This is a perfect educational activity for October and Thanksgiving in November.
HINT: For this activity, you can use just one pie, several pies, or all pies at once depending on how difficult you want to make the literacy activity.
Children will put the pies back together. They will need the uppercase letter, matching lowercase letter, and a picture of an item that starts with the same featured letter beginning sound – great for working on phonemic awareness as children learn their ABCs.
Finally, students can practice making letters by tracing alphabet letters on the pie slices.
Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
This educational pumpkin activity for prek, kindergarten, and first grade age kids is perfect for a math center in October to practice again and again as s trace and erase math activity.
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Lots of FUN October Activities for Kids
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
FREE Alphabet Printables
Looking for more abc printables for kids? You have tons of free alphabet printables
- Fun Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Disney Alphabet Coloring Pages
- free alphabet printables for toddlers
- Alphabet Book Printable – a book for each letter of the alphabet from A to Z
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Mazes to practice ABCs
- Cut and Paste Alphabet Worksheets
- Super Cute Printable Alphabet Hats
- Alphabet Playdough Mats
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages (posters)
- free printable alphabet worksheets
- Alphabet worksheets
- Super cute, printable alphabet crafts
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
Download Pumpkin Pie Alphabet Puzzles
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!