Make practicing rhyming fun with these super cute, free printable rhyming pumpkins worksheet pages and pumpkin activities. In this pumpkin printables set, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders with have several different fall activities for kindergarten to choose from to work on early literacy. Simpy print fall worksheets and you are ready to jump into your pumpkin theme.
Rhyming Pumpkins Worksheet
Learning to rhyme words is an important precursor to reading. The ability to recognize patterns in words and sounds can make learning to read much simpler. There are many ways to practice rhymes from games, reading rhyme books and poems, and other activities. These pumpkin rhymes are sure to be a fun way to practice! We’ve included 3 rhyming literacy activity to try with your kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students this fall: clip cards, color the rhyme, and free rhyming worksheets for October.
Pumpkin Worksheets for Kindergarten
For this rhyming activity, there are 3 separate activities in this set, but they all work together and use the same rhymes. This set is great for working with a set amount of rhymes and building rhyming fluency.
Print the clip cards and pumpkin puzzles on cardstock and/or laminate them. They will last much longer when both methods are used. Cut the pumpkin puzzles in half but make sure to leave the clip cards whole.
You can start with any of the activities – they don’t need to be used in a certain order.
The pumpkin rhyme puzzles can be used all together or just a few at a time. Simply present the puzzles pieces and show your child how to listen to the ending sounds. Match the ones together that they think rhyme and see if the pumpkins match up. The pattern on the pumpkin will help to show if the rhyme is correct or not.
Fall Worksheets for Kindergarten
The pumpkin rhyme clip cards all have one correct answer. Listen to the sound of the main word and then listen to the sounds of the smaller words. Have your child clip a clothespin onto the correct answer.
Fall Activities for Kindergarten
The last activity can be done two different ways. There is one page with just pictures and another where the answers are words to be traced. For kids already started to read, tracing the words is a good way to have them work on sounding out short words. For kids not quite ready for that, there is an option with photos.
Trouble with Rhymes?
Rhyming doesn’t come easily to all kids! And that’s okay – that’s why we practice! These are the few tips I found most helpful with my children
- Enunciate the last sound much louder and clearer than the first sound initially. Sometimes you have to greatly exaggerate the sounds so they can hear how alike the endings are.
- If they guess a rhyme wrong, repeat the words and focus on the ending sound. You may have to completely eliminate the first sound. “Cop and top. Cop ends with op, top ends with op. Op and op. Op op. Is op the same as op?”
- If they know their letters, write the words out. Not all rhyming words have the same ending letters. However, all the words in this set do have the same spelling. Show them the patterns and how they end the same.
- Free pumpkin activity printables that uses Pumpkin Candy to Count and Trace
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Pumpkin Letter Tracing – use with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Super cute parts of a pumpkin craft to help kids learn the parts of a pumpkin
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activities for Kindergarten
- Fall Addition Sticker Worksheets are a fun, hands-on math worksheet
- Pumpkin Shape Matching Game to practice shape recognition with kids
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Sight Word Game
- These super cute Pumpkin Alphabet puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Make practicing math fun with this super cute, Pumpkin Patch Math Game
- These fun pumpkin addition task cards are super cute and make practicing fun for kids
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzles
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheet pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Letter Tracing printable
- Super cute pumpkin pie counting activity – pile on the “whip cream”
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes playdough mats
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- This find the letter free pumpkin activity printables
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Games for Preshoolers
- Work on One to One Correspondence Kindergarten with this pumpkin pie themed math activity
- Work on Number Bonds to 10 with these pumpkin themed math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Kids will love this Pumpkin Phonics activity where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this free pumpkin activity printables
- Pumpkin Word Family Slides Printables
Looking for more practice rhyming? Practice does make perfect as the saying goes. We have lots free rhyming printables to help your children get lots of practice – from puzzles, matching activities, worksheets, games, activities and more. Plus don’t miss these rhyming books for kindergarten.
- These rhyming word worksheet pages are super cute and perfect for practice anytime!
- We have lots of fun rhyming puzzles to choose: simple rhyming words for kindergarten, robot rhyming activities, pencil rhyming word activity, or baseball cvc rhyming words
- These clipcards allow students to practice rhyming pictures
- Work on phonics skills with this rhyming ng words for kids game
- Lights… Camera…. RHYME! Camera Strips Rhyming word families
- Lion Rhyming Words Activities for Kindergarten
- Cooking up Rhymes Kindergarten Rhyming Worksheets with do a dot markers
- Fun Rhyming Games for Pre-k (cute school glue theme)
- No one does rhymes like Dr Seuss! Try our free printable Green Eggs and Ham Worksheets or One Fish, Two Fish Dr Seuss Rhyming Games
- Find the missing words Rhyming worksheets for kindergarten
- Printable Strawberry Rhyming Activities for Kindergarten
- Hey Diddle Diddle rhyming pictures activity
- For your super-hero fan, you’ll love these superhero literacy rhyming mats
- Sneak in some practice this fall with these Pumpkin Rhyming Words or these
- Pumpkin Worksheets and games that work on rhyming
- In December, try these rhming christmas worksheets for kindergarten or these Gingerbread Rhyming Puzzles
- Check out these winter rhyming puzzles to choose from: hot cocoa puzzle winter activities for kindergarten, hat winter theme activity ideas for kinderarten, BUMP boardgame winter activity for kindergarten, cute mitten activities for kindergarten matching rhymes
- Practice rhyming with these fun Valentines cut and paste printables
- Looking for spring rhymes? Try these bunny spring rhyming words worksheets, cute egg puzzles with Easter rhyming words, butterfly printable rhyming games, planting tulips rhyming activity for kindergarten, st patricks day donut rhyming game, rhyming words on these flower worksheets
- or these rainbow activities for kindergarten matching rhyming w0rds
- In summer you’ll love this watermelon rhyming activity these flower rhyming worksheets, this matching rhymes summer activity for kindergarten, beehive Rhyming Games for Preschoolers, or this Bee Clip-it rhyming activity for kindergarten
- or this cute smore Matching Rhyming Words Activity
- Rhyming with Valentine’s Day cut and paste worksheets
- Lots of free rhyming activities for kids
- Super cute rhyming words worksheets pdf
Pumpkin Rhyming Words Activities
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Leave a Reply