Pumpkin pie and Thanksgiving go together like peanut butter and jelly! But making the best pumpkin pie recipe is tough! Well, after years of perfecting our recipe I’ve happy to say we’ve come up with the perfect Thanksgiving desert recipe for November. It will come out perfect every time; plus it is fluffy and oh so delicious!
Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Nothing says Thanksgiving, pumpkins, October or November like Pumpkin Pie! It is a classic recipe that we look forward to every year. For some reason it can be difficult to get it just right so it is moist, flavorful, and cooked through without sticking a knife into the middle and ruining the look. After years of tweaking our recipe, we’ve come up with the Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe that is perfect EVERY.SINGLE.TIME!
Pumpkin pie recipe
Our Pumpkin pie recipe is so much more delicious and down right yummy than store bought versions filled with artificial preservatives and chemicals. Instead, we fill ours with just the right mixture of pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice), evaporated milk, canned pumpkin, and sugar to make this mouth watering favorite really shine! Your pumpkin pie will get nice and puffy and stay that way!
Never Fail Pie Crust Recipe
After preheating the oven to 425 F. Then, start out by whipping up a since crust of our NEVER FAIL pie crust recipe.
Single Pie Crust: Double Crust Pie:
1 ¼ cups flour 2 cups flour
½ teas salt 3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup shortening 2/3 cup shortening
5-6 tablespoon ice-cold water 7-8 tablespoon ice water
In bowl, combine flour & salt; cut in the shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, towing with a fork until a ball forms. Chill dough. Do not over mix or add more flour than necessary.
Roll out pastry with chilled rolling pan to fit a pie pan. (Do NOT over handle!!) Flute edges if desired. Hint: Cover edges of pie when baking until the last 20 minutes or baking.
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
In a bowl mix together 3 eggs, 2-3 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, 15 oz canned pumpkin, 1 stick melted butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup evaporated milk, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Pour into a single pie crust. Bake at 425 F for 15 minutes. Now turn down the oven to 350 F and bake an additional 50 minutes.
No need to put a knife in it; it will be PERFECT every single time!!
- Snicker Apple Salad Recipe – my kids favorite Thanksgiving dish!
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Cashews, Bacon, and tangy dressing!
- Holiday Green Bean Casserole
- Best Sweet Potato Casserole
- Turkey Cinnamon Rolls by tucking in bacon to make turkey feathers
- I like to make this pineapple cream cheese dip and use peppers to create a turkey head and feathers
Best Thanksgiving Recipes
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Single Pie Crust
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup lard or crisco
- 5-6 tablespoons cold water
- 3 large eggs
- 2-3 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 15 ounce canned pumpkin
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In bowl, combine flour & salt; cut in the shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, towing with a fork until a ball forms. Chill dough. Do not over mix or add more flour than necessary.
- Roll out pastry to fit a pie pan. (Do NOT over handle!!) Flute edges if desired. Hint: Cover edges of pie when baking until the last 20 minutes or baking.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Make a single pie crust and put in pie plate.
- Mix all remaining ingredients thoroughly in a bowl. Pour into uncooked pie shell.
- Cook in preheated oven at 425 for 15 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 F and bake an additional 50 minutes. No need to put knife in – it is perfect every time!
More Family Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes
- What to Make for Thanksgiving Dinner with FREE Printable timeline & grocery list
- Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes
- Amazing Thanksgiving Leftover Soup
- Thanksgiving Leftover – Turkey Pot Pie
- Family Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes (Sweet Potato Casserole, Tweaked Green Bean Casserole, Snicker Apple Salad, and Cauliflower Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cashews)
- Turkey Hand Art T-shirts
- FREE Thanksgiving Writing Prompts
- Thanksgiving Color by Number free printable for Toddler, Preschool, Kindergarten & 1st grade
- Pasta Turkeys & Pasta Fall Sensory Play
- 50 EPIC Turkey Crafts for Kids
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!