Pumpkin pie and Thanksgiving go together like peanut butter and jelly! But making the perfect pumpkin pie recipe is tough! Well, after years of perfecting our recipe I’ve happy to say we’ve come up with the Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe. It will come out perfect every time; plus it is fluffy and oh so delicious!
More Family Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes
- What to Make for Thanksgiving Dinner with FREE Printable timeline & grocery list
- Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes
- Amazing Thanksgiving Leftover Soup
- Thanksgiving Leftover – Turkey Pot Pie
- Family Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes (Sweet Potato Casserole, Tweaked Green Bean Casserole, Snicker Apple Salad, nad Cauliflower Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cashews)
- Turkey Hand Art T-shirts
- FREE Thanksgiving Writing Prompts
- Thanksgiving Color by Number free printable for Toddler, Preschool, Kindergarten & 1st grade
- Pasta Turkeys & Pasta Fall Sensory Play
- 36 Turkey Crafts
Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe
After years of tweaking our recipe, we’ve come up with the Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe that is perfect EVERY.SINGLE.TIME!
Never Fail Pie Crust Recipe
After preheating the oven to 425 F. Then, start out by whipping up a since crust of our NEVER FAIL pie crust recipe.
Single Pie Crust: Double Crust Pie:
1 ¼ cups flour 2 cups flour
½ teas salt 3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup shortening 2/3 cup shortening
5-6 tablespoon ice-cold water 7-8 tablespoon ice water
In bowl, combine flour & salt; cut in the shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, towing with a fork until a ball forms. Chill dough. Do not over mix or add more flour than necessary.
Roll out pastry with chilled rolling pan to fit a pie pan. (Do NOT over handle!!) Flute edges if desired. Hint: Cover edges of pie when baking until the last 20 minutes or baking.
Pumpkin Pie Recipe
In a bowl mix together 3 eggs, 2-3 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, 15 oz canned pumpkin, 1 stick melted butter, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup evaporated milk, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Pour into a single pie crust. Bake at 425 F for 15 minutes. Now turn down the oven to 350 F and bake an additional 50 minutes.
No need to put a knife in it; it will be PERFECT every single time!!
Your family will no nuts over our jazzed up Chicken over Biscuits recipe, whip up our most popular cheese ball ever – our Pineapple Cheeseball Recipe, and you MUST try our Taco Pizza Recipe – it’ll be a hit with your family for sure. Who doens’t love a quick and easy dinner that is topped with Doritos?
Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Single Pie Crust
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup lard or crisco
- 5-6 tablespoons cold water
- 3 large eggs
- 2-3 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 15 ounce canned pumpkin
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In bowl, combine flour & salt; cut in the shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, towing with a fork until a ball forms. Chill dough. Do not over mix or add more flour than necessary.
- Roll out pastry to fit a pie pan. (Do NOT over handle!!) Flute edges if desired. Hint: Cover edges of pie when baking until the last 20 minutes or baking.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Make a single pie crust and put in pie plate.
- Mix all remaining ingredients thoroughly in a bowl. Pour into uncooked pie shell.
- Cook in preheated oven at 425 for 15 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 F and bake an additional 50 minutes. No need to put knife in – it is perfect every time!
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin homeschooling for free? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, grade 1 worksheets, second grade worksheets and more for K12. Plus see our history lesson plans, free math games, english worksheets, sight words activities, alphabet worksheets, and cvc word games for kids of all ages!