It just wouldn’t be Thanksgiving without our family’s snicker apple salad recipe! My kids go nuts over this non-traditional snicker salad they look forward to eating all year long. This quick-to-make apple snicker salad combines pudding, whipped topping, crisp apples, and snickers for an outrageously yummy thanksgiving side dish your kids won’t expect.
Snicker Apple Salad Recipe
I don’t know who decided that snickers and apple salad counts as a thanksgiving sides, but it has been one of my favorite and now my kids’ favorite traditions. Growing up as a missionary kid in Spain, we spent our Thansgiving with other missionaries from our same mission. I loved this large group setting with lots of kids to play with and so many yummy thanksgiving dinner sides since everyone brought their best. We always brought the biggest pot of mashed potatoes I could imagine. My favorite was the snicker salad that Deb would bring. Who would guess that snicker salad ingredients would qualify it as a salad?! But as a kid I didn’t care it was probably more a dessert than salad, a grown up qualified it as a salad and I was (and still am) convinced it goes down in the best thanksgiving sides! So when I started making my own Thanksgiving dinner, of course we had to make a version of that childhood favorite. I hope your kids love our snicker apple salad as much as we do!
To start out with, let’s grab our ingredients. There are only a few:
- 2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 5 apples – we prefer honeycrisp or jazz (non mushy as my kids would say)
- 6-7 snicker bars, cut
- 12 ounces Cool Whip (or more natural Tru Whip)
Apple Snicker Salad
Start by combining the vanilla pudding mix and milk. Put in the refrigerator to allow it to harden slightly.
snicker salad recipe
Meanwhile cut the apples.
Cut the snickers in bite size pieces.
Note: Some years you can find things like bite-size snicker balls or similar. Those are a huge time-saver if you can find them!
snickers and apple salad
Add your whipped topping. We used tru whip because the msg in cool whip gives me a headache, but either one will work as far as the recipe. We used cool whip for years before the migraines started. Mix the whipped topping and pudding.
snicker salad ingredients
If you are making this ahead, so Thanksgiving day is a breeze, cover your pudding and leave it in the fridge for up to 3 days ready-to-go. I keep a bag of pre-cut snicker pieces on the counter and cut the apples 30 minutes before we are going to use them to make sure they aren’t soft or brown for the meal.
thanksgiving side dish
Add cut apples and snickers to the pudding.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 1 hour to blend flavors.
You will want to add enough apples and snickers to make it a semi-thick salad.
best thanksgiving sides
Here is my pro tip! We have learned that the best way to make this dish still delicious for leftovers is to make the pudding and then mix cut apples and snickers into some of the pudding, a little at a time. If people want more you can always use more of the pudding with more snickers and apples – then the apples will be fresh and not brown or mushy.
thanksgiving dinner sides
This is such a delicious, creamy, and not-too-sweet side dish that rounds out a turkey and sides plate. It may be non-traditional for some, but for me and my kids – it isn’t Thanksgiving without Snicker Apple Salad!
Snicker Apple Salad
So, what do you think? Are you going to try this yummy Thanksgiving side dish this November? Or perhaps with your leftovers?
Try our family’s snicker apple salad recipe as a yummy, non-traditional Thanksgiving side dish or any time you want a special treat!!
- Snicker Apple Salad Recipe – my kids favorite Thanksgiving dish!
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Cashews, Bacon, and tangy dressing!
- Holiday Green Bean Casserole
- Best Sweet Potato Casserole
- Turkey Cinnamon Rolls by tucking in bacon to make turkey feathers
- I like to make this pineapple cream cheese dip and use peppers to create a turkey head and feathers
Best Thanksgiving Recipes
- Family Favorite Cornbread Stuffing
- Yummy Cranberry Pineapple Relish
- Easy Pumpkin Roll Thanksgiving Dessert Recipe
- Oreo Turkey snack for kids
- Leftover Pie Crust Pinwheels
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Save some turkey for this yummy Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Flavorful Peach Bread with pecans
- Easy Banana Walnut Bread
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake with cinnamon streussal filling and crumb topping
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Hambone Soup Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Best Potato Salad loaded up with bacon, eggs, cheese, and more!
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- Quick and Easy Orange Couscous Chicken
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Yummy Orange Chicken Pasta is perfect for a quick weekday supper
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Refreshing Lemonade Cake
- Easy Fall Dessert – a mix and dump pumpkin cake that EVERYONE will love!
- Scrumptious Homemade Cherry Pie
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Perfect for summer, Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- Creamy Peaches and Cream Ice Cream recipe
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- Easy, frozen Summer Strawberry Dessert
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Oh-so-Delicious Tres Leches Cake is quick and easy to make!
- Buttery Spritz Cookies
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- Easy, Homemade Oven Baked Caramel Popcorn
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- Quick and EASY Bagel Dip
- Homemade Apple Hand Pies with carmel dipping sauce
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Southern Corn Spoon Bread
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Smoked Green Beans – cook in the oven or smoker
Family Favorite Snicker Apple Salad Recipe
- 2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 5 large apples (we like Jazz or honey crisp varieties)
- 2 cups milk
- 6-7 large snicker bars cut
- 12 ounces Whipped Topping Tru Whip or Cool Whip
- Mix pudding with milk; put in fridge and allow to harden slightly. Meanwhile cut apples and snickers into bite-size pieces. Add the the cool whip to the partialy set pudding and mix. Finally add the apple and snicker pieces. HINT: Add enough apples/snickers to make it a thick salad =)
- Refrigerate 1 hour to blend. HINT: Don’t make ahead or it can get soggy.