One of our favorite family dinners is spaghetti and meaballs. But it’s not just a favorite with the kids! The wonderful flavors that combine in our best recipe for spaghetti and meatballs combined with the simple method make it one of my favorite dishes. So if you are looking for a quick and easy spaghetti and meatballs recipe to make for a weekday dinner, you’ve got to try this version!
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Do you like spaghetti and meatballs? Now I’m not talking about a boring, highly processesd canned version! I’m talking about a delicious, homemade meatballs for spaghetti where the yummy, seasoned ground beef cooks right in the sauce! This quick, full-flavoried version gives our recipe the knickname of best spaghetti and meatballs ever by our friends and family who have tried it. It is such a great comfort food that is gently on the pocket book too! Ready to try our spaghetti and meatballs sauce?
Spaghetti and meatballs recipe
- extra virgin olive oil
- canned crushed tomatoes
- tomato sauce
- salt & pepper
- crushed red pepper
- Italian seasoning
- ground beef
- Italian bread crumbs
- parmesan cheese
- spaghetti noodles
- parsley to garnish on top
Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When it is boiling, add spaghetti and cook for 8-10 minutes or al dente. When it’s done, strain out the water to stop the pasta from cooking.
HINT: I love using this pot which is non-stick, light, and heats up quicker than my other ones too!
Spaghetti and meatballs recipe easy
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium, cook the chopped onions and minced garlic in the olive oil. Cook until they are soft; about 5 minutes.
Best recipe for spaghetti and meatballs
Stir in the can of crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasonings. simmer 10-15 minutes to blend flavors.
Homemade spaghetti and meatballs
As it simmers, make the meatballs by mixing the ground beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, egg, and seasonings.
Homemade meatballs for spaghetti
As you make small meatballs, carefully place them in your simmering sauce to cook them like dumplings. When all the meatballs are in start timing to cook 10-15 minutes, turning carefully a couple of times.
Easy meatballs for spaghetti
When meatballs are cooked through, remove from heat and serve over spaghetti noodles with extra Parmesan sprinkled on top.
Best meatballs for spaghetti
We like to serve this with simple side salad and good crusty bread or breadsticks.
Best spaghetti and meatballs ever
This is the classic comfort food that I still love to eat for dinner, but it is all grown up with rich flavors and the quick, easy method this busy mama of 6 needs to get dinner on the table in 30 minutes!
Spaghetti and meatballs sauce
You will love the robust flavor of the sauce that simmered with all the fabulous spices and garlic combined with satisfying meatballs on your bed of perfectly cooked pasta!
Quick & easy spaghetti and meaballs recipe has rich flavors and special method for the best comfort food served as a yummy weekday dinner!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- The BEST Monkey Bread Recipe
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Flavorful Peach Bread with pecans
- Easy Banana Walnut Bread
- Cheesey Hashbrown Casserole
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake with cinnamon streussal filling and crumb topping
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- Yummy Gingerbread Waffles
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Hambone Soup Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
- Easy Black Bean Soup Recipe
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Outrageously good Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Best Potato Salad loaded up with bacon, eggs, cheese, and more!
- Snicker Apple Salad Recipe – my kids favorite Thanksgiving dish!
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Cashews, Bacon, and tangy dressing!
- Maple Orange Glazed Ham
- Apple Cider Dinner Recipes Cider Stew over Mashed potatoes
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- Quick and Easy Orange Couscous Chicken
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Yummy Orange Chicken Pasta is perfect for a quick weekday supper
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Pulled Pork Cornbread Casserole
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Quick and Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
Breads and Side Dishes
- Angel Rolls – The BEST Homemade Crescent Rolls
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Southern Corn Spoon Bread
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
- Holiday Green Bean Casserole
- Smoked Green Beans – cook in the oven or smoker
- Best Sweet Potato Casserole
- Family Favorite Cornbread Stuffing
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Homemade Butterscotch Pudidng Recipe
- White Chocolate Macademia Cookies Recipe
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Easy Pecan Pie Bars
- Cute Candy Cane Cookies Recipe
- Refreshing Lemonade Cake
- Easy Fall Dessert – a mix and dump pumpkin cake that EVERYONE will love!
- Super Easy Date Bars with nuts
- Scrumptious Homemade Cherry Pie
- Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe with Hershey Kiss
- Stunning Christmas Checkerboard Cookies
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Perfect for summer, Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- Creamy Peaches and Cream Ice Cream recipe
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- Easy, frozen Summer Strawberry Dessert
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- Leftover Pie Crust Pinwheels
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Peanut Brittle
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Oh-so-Delicious Tres Leches Cake is quick and easy to make!
- Buttery Spritz Cookies
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- Easy Oven Baked Caramel Popcorn or Microwave Carmel Popcorn Recipe
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- Quick and EASY Bagel Dip
- Homemade Apple Hand Pies with carmel dipping sauce
- Creamy, Homemade White Hot Chocolate Recipe
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
- Easy Homemade Hot Cocoa
- You’ve got to try this incredible Homemade Eggnog recipe
Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipes
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves minced or crushed garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 28 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound ground beef I use lean organic
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Tablespoon minced garlic fresh, dried, or jared
- Additional Parmesan Cheese and Parsley to garnish optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When it is boiling, add spaghetti and cook for 8-10 minutes or al dente. When it's done, strain out the water to stop the pasta from cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium, cook the chopped onions and minced garlic in the olive oil. Cook until they are soft; about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the can of crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasonings. simmer 10-15 minutes to blend flavors.
- As it simmers, make the meatballs by mixing the ground beef, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, egg, and seasonings. As you make small meatballs, carefully place them in your simmering sauce to cook them like dumplings. When all the meatballs are in start timing to cook 10-15 minutes, turning carefully a couple of times.
- When meatballs are cooked throught, remove from heat and serve over spaghetti noodles with extra Parmesan sprinkled on top. We like to serve this with simple side salad and good crusty bread or breadsticks.