If you are looking for a melt-in-your-mouth homemade crescent rolls recipe, I’ve got just what you are looking for. We make angel rolls that are an easy-to-make crescent roll dinner recipes that you can make the day before. The crescent rolls dough is so flavorful, filled with yummy yeast! You’ve just got to try these!
Homemade Crescent Rolls
Does your family have a go-to recipe for delicious, homemade dinner rolls from scratch? While you can pick up descent crescent rolls from the store, none of them are as delicious as this crescent rolls recipe! Plus our dinner rolls from scratch don’t have any artificial ingredients or preservatives! We use these homemade rolls alongside our Thanksgiving meal, Christmas meal, Easter Dinner, many Sunday Dinners, and for company too. While they take a little time to rise, they are easy to make and the rise cycle occurs overnight making them super effecient! Plus these angel rolls make your house smell amazing too!
Crescent Rolls Recipe
All you need to whip up these amazing dinner rolls with a cute crescent roll shape are a few common ingredients you probably already have on hand in your home kitchen!
- dry yeast package
- warm water
Start by whipping up your dough the Night Before (1st Rise). Combine package of yeast in warm, not hot, water and allow to get puffy for 5 minutes untouched. Next, in a mixer beat together 2 large eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 cup scalded warm milk (not hot) .
HINT: I typically heat milk, in glass measuring cup, using a microwave for 2 minutes. Then allow it to cool on the counter while I wait for the yeast to proof. You can also hasten the process by putitng a couple ice cubes in a ziplock bag and popping that in the milk like a tea bag.
Stir the the 1/2 cup oil.
Crescent roll dinner recipes
Add 4 cups all-purpose flour & stir until combined. At this point it will be pretty runny still, don’t worry that is how it is suppose to look!
Crescent Rolls Dough
Let sit covered overnight.
Dinner Rolls from Scratch
In the morning you will have nice raised dough.
NOTE: It is not dough to knead so it will not have the same elasticity or density of traditional bread. Don’t worry, it looks just right ot make nice, delicate angel rolls that are light, fluffy, moist, and delicious!
The following morning, put your dough on floured board and turn several times. You don’t want to add any more flour than you need to; no kneading! Divide the dough into 2 parts.
Do not work flour into dough – the less extra flour you use the moister the rolls will be.
One ball at a time, roll the dinner rolls dough out like a large pie crust.
Homemade Rolls Recipe
Cut each large circle into 16 wedges .I like to use a pizza cutter for a quick, easy process.
Dinner Roll Dough
Now roll each 1/16th elongated triangle section from wide edge to thin edge – making a crescent roll.
Yeast Rolls from Scratch
Spray cookie sheet with Pam and place rolls 12-16 per cookie sheet. I know they look small now, but they will double! .
**Set aside and let rise until after church (about 4 hours).
Homemade yeast Rolls
Bake rolls at 375 F in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes. You want them to be lightly browned on the top, but don’t overbake. Allow to cool 2 minutes on the cookie sheet and serve warm. They will keep fresh for up to 5 days in an Ziploc bag. YUM!
Note: You can hurry recipe by adding 2 packages yeast & mixing in the am & making at noon.
Angel Rolls Recipe
These rolls look like the crescent rolls you get from a can, but taste Oh, so much better! The best part is you start them the night before so they rise while you sleep and then they rise a 2nd time in the morning while you are at church or in this case, prepping your Thanksgiving meal.
Make the BEST crescent rolls from scracth with this yummy angel rolls recipe! You can make these homemade dinner rolls ahead!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- The BEST Monkey Bread Recipe
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Flavorful Peach Bread with pecans
- Easy Banana Walnut Bread
- Cheesey Hashbrown Casserole
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake with cinnamon streussal filling and crumb topping
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- Yummy Gingerbread Waffles
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Hambone Soup Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
- Easy Black Bean Soup Recipe
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Outrageously good Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Best Potato Salad loaded up with bacon, eggs, cheese, and more!
- Snicker Apple Salad Recipe – my kids favorite Thanksgiving dish!
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Cashews, Bacon, and tangy dressing!
- Maple Orange Glazed Ham
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- Quick and Easy Orange Couscous Chicken
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Yummy Orange Chicken Pasta is perfect for a quick weekday supper
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Quick and Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
Breads and Side Dishes
- Angel Rolls – The BEST Homemade Crescent Rolls
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Southern Corn Spoon Bread
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
- Holiday Green Bean Casserole
- Smoked Green Beans – cook in the oven or smoker
- Best Sweet Potato Casserole
- Family Favorite Cornbread Stuffing
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Homemade Butterscotch Pudidng Recipe
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Easy Pecan Pie Bars
- Refreshing Lemonade Cake
- Easy Fall Dessert – a mix and dump pumpkin cake that EVERYONE will love!
- Super Easy Date Bars with nuts
- Scrumptious Homemade Cherry Pie
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Perfect for summer, Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- Creamy Peaches and Cream Ice Cream recipe
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- Easy, frozen Summer Strawberry Dessert
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- Leftover Pie Crust Pinwheels
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Oh-so-Delicious Tres Leches Cake is quick and easy to make!
- Buttery Spritz Cookies
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- Easy, Homemade Oven Baked Caramel Popcorn
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- Quick and EASY Bagel Dip
- Homemade Apple Hand Pies with carmel dipping sauce
- Creamy, Homemade White Hot Chocolate Recipe
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
- Easy Homemade Hot Cocoa
- You’ve got to try this incredible Homemade Eggnog recipe
Homemade Crescent Rolls Recipe
- 1 package dry yeast 2 1/2 teaspoons
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup milk, scalded I use organic whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Night Before: (1st Rise)Combine package of yeast in warm, not hot, water and allow to get puffy for 5 minutes untouched. Next, in a mixer beat 2 large eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and scalded warm milk (not hot) . Stir in yeast mixture and oil. Add flour & stir. Let sit covered overnight. (Note: You can hurry recipe by adding 2 packages yeast & mixing in the am & making at noon).
- Day of: (2nd Rise)Following day, put dough on floured board, turn several times & divide into 2 parts. Do not work flour into dough – the less extra flour you use the moister the rolls will be. Roll each part out like a large pie. Cut each large circle into 16 wedges.I like to use a pizza cutter. Now roll each 1/16th section from wide edge to thin edge – making a crescent roll. Spray cookie sheet with Pam and place rolls 12-16 per cookie sheet. I know they look small now, but they will double! . Set aside and let rise until after church (about 4 hours).
- Bake RollsBake rolls at 375 F in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes. You want them to be lightly browned on the top, but don’t overbake. Allow to cool 2 minutes on the cookie sheet and serve warm. They will keep fresh for up to 5 days in an Ziploc bag. YUM!