Did you know that it is super easy to make your own caramel popcorn? You can easily make your own homemade caramel corn that tastes even better than storebought, with better ingredients too! Let me show you how my family makes the best caramel popcorn in the oven.
Whether you are looking for a snack for family movie night, game night, around the campfire, or to give away for teacher appreciation, this homemade caramel corn is perfect! This baked caramel corn is simple to whip together, but has such a rich flavor you will love. This caramel popcorn recipe gives you crunchy, not hard caramel popcorn you will love eating. Let me show you hot to make caramel popcorn!
Best caramel popcorn
All you need to make this yummy snack are a few simple ingredients:
- 4 Tablespoons oil (olive oil, canola oil, or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrups
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
caramel corn popcorn
Preheat oven to 250° F. Spread freshly popped popcorn onto two large rimmed pans. You can easily make homemade popcorn in a large pot. Put 2 tablespoon oil and 2 kernels popcorn in pot, cover with lid and heat over medium heat. Whent the kernels pop, add 1/2 cup unpopped kernels and cover again. Shake the pot as you go, always keeping the lid on as the kernels will pop everywhere without it. Continue shaking pot, when you stop hearing consistent popping. Remove from heat and pour the fresh popcorn onto 2 large rimmed pans. For this recipe you will want to repeat the process and will have a little extra after popping 1 cup. Measure out the ~20 cups you need for the carmel corn and use the rest to snack on while you wait for your caramel popcorn.
homemade caramel corn
Wipe out your pan and re-use to make the caramel sauce. Over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil. Boil without stirring for 4 minutes.
Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda. (It will look foammy)
caramel popcorn recipe
Pour homemade carmel sauce over popcorn and toss until evenly coated.
how to make caramel popcorn
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
caramel popcorn recipe easy
Once cooled break up any large clumps using your fingers. Then let caramel corn cool completely.
homemade caramel popcorn
Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a week.
popcorn in oven
I love the rich, full flavor of this carmel popcorn. Plus it is “set” without being hard!
baked caramel corn
You can “dress it up” to to give to teachers or neighbors as Christmas gifts or end of the year thank you gifts. Try adding your favorite nut and drizzling a little melted white and semi-sweet chocolate on it.
It will look so sophisticated with just a little extra effort!
Set out a dish of your plain or fancy carmel popcorn for game night, family movie night, around the campfire, company, appetizers, potlucks, and more!
Best caramel popcorn recipe
You will love chowing down on this simple popcorn recipe!
Learn how to make your own homemade caramel popcorn that tastes even better than storebought, with this easy oven baked recipe.
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Flavorful Peach Bread with pecans
- Easy Banana Walnut Bread
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake with cinnamon streussal filling and crumb topping
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Hambone Soup Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Best Potato Salad loaded up with bacon, eggs, cheese, and more!
- Snicker Apple Salad Recipe – my kids favorite Thanksgiving dish!
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Cashews, Bacon, and tangy dressing!
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- Quick and Easy Orange Couscous Chicken
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Yummy Orange Chicken Pasta is perfect for a quick weekday supper
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Refreshing Lemonade Cake
- Easy Fall Dessert – a mix and dump pumpkin cake that EVERYONE will love!
- Scrumptious Homemade Cherry Pie
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Perfect for summer, Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- Creamy Peaches and Cream Ice Cream recipe
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- Easy, frozen Summer Strawberry Dessert
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- Leftover Pie Crust Pinwheels
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Oh-so-Delicious Tres Leches Cake is quick and easy to make!
- Buttery Spritz Cookies
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- Easy, Homemade Oven Baked Caramel Popcorn
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- Quick and EASY Bagel Dip
- Homemade Apple Hand Pies with carmel dipping sauce
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Southern Corn Spoon Bread
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
- Holiday Green Bean Casserole
- Smoked Green Beans – cook in the oven or smoker
- Best Sweet Potato Casserole
- Family Favorite Cornbread Stuffing
Easy, Homemade Oven Baked Caramel Popcorn
- 5 qts popped corn
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250° F. Spread freshly popped popcorn onto two large rimmed pans. You can easily make homemade popcorn in a large pot. Put 2 tablespoon oil and 2 kernels popcorn in pot, cover with lid and heat over medium heat. Whent the kernels pop, add 1/2 cup unpopped kernels and cover again. Shake the pot as you go, always keeping the lid on as the kernels will pop everywhere without it. Continue shaking pot, when you stop hearing consistent popping. Remove from heat and pour the fresh popcorn onto 2 large rimmed pans. For this recipe you will want to repeat the process and will have a little extra after popping 1 cup. Measure out the ~20 cups you need for the carmel corn and use the rest to snack on while you wait for your caramel popcorn.
- Wipe out your pan and re-use to make the caramel sauce. Over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil and then boil without stirring for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda. (It will look foammy)
- Pour homemade carmel sauce over popcorn and toss until evenly coated. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Once cooled break up any large clumps using your fingers. Then let caramel corn cool completely. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to a week.