If you are looking for a yummy soup made from ham bone, you will love this delicious Leftover Hambone Soup Recipe! This soup recipe uses all the flavor already in the ham bone for a hearty and flavorful ham soup!
Hambone Soup Recipe
I know that split pea and ham is all the rage, but honestly I never liked that ham soup! It felt like a mushy green soup that looked, well, let’s just say unapetizing. So when I was looking for a soup made from ham bone I wanted something delicious, without peas! This hambone soup recipe is filled with hearty potatoes, carrots, corn, white kidney beans, and of course ham! My kids love this leftover hambone soup and it has a way of warming me down to my toes when we have it for lunch or a quick dinner. So if you are looking for the best recipes using ham bone, you’ve got to try this!
leftover ham bone recipes
To make this yummy ham and potato soup with your leftover ham bone, all you need are a few common ingredients you probabaly already have in your pantry:
- 1 leftover hambone
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3-4 large russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2+ cups leftover diced ham
leftover hambone soup
Start by covering your leftover hambone with 6-8 cups of water in a large stockpot. You want to bring the water to a boil then reduce it to simmer for about 1 hour.
This allows you to flavor your water with all the yummy ham bone flavor and nutrients. Remove and discard the hambone while leaving your pot of water on the stovetop over medium heat.
soup made from ham bone
In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Now add chopped garlic and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
Put onion mixture in the large pot with the homemade ham broth and chopped potatoes and carrots.
recipes using ham bone
Put chopped carrots in ham stew.
Homemade Soup Recipe
Add chopped potato to ham bone soup
Add corn kernels to potato and ham soup.
soups that use ham bone
Now add in your beans.
Add chopped ham cubes to homemade soup recipe.
Add seasonings to taste.
Bring the soup to a boil and continue simmering until the potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 more minutes.
Fall Soup Recipe
Start slicing some crusty bread ans serve the soup warm with yummy bread.
ham bone potato soup
My kids love this soup recipe so much they ask for seconds and thirds; I can’t remember ever having any leftovers!
ham potato soup
This soup has such a wonderful, deep flavor!
ham and potato soup recipe
I love that in every bite I get yummy veggies, ham, and the rich seasoning. I don’t know about you, but I don’t like soups that are heavy on the broth with hardly anything to them. This soup is filled with yummy, healthy ingredients that will fill you up and give you fuel for your day!
ham and bean soup
I just know you will love this lovely ham and bean soup on a cold fall or winter day!
old fashioned ham and bean soup
Yummy ham and potato soup made from a leftover ham bone! You will love this delicious, hearty, and flavorful ham soup recipe!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Easy Banana Walnut Bread
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake with cinnamon streussal filling and crumb topping
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Hambone Soup Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Best Potato Salad loaded up with bacon, eggs, cheese, and more!
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- Quick and Easy Orange Couscous Chicken
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Yummy Orange Chicken Pasta is perfect for a quick weekday supper
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Easy Fall Dessert – a mix and dump pumpkin cake that EVERYONE will love!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Perfect for summer, Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- Creamy Peaches and Cream Ice Cream recipe
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- Easy, frozen Summer Strawberry Dessert
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Oh-so-Delicious Tres Leches Cake is quick and easy to make!
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- Quick and EASY Bagel Dip
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
- Best Smoked Green Beans – cook in the oven or smoker
Leftover Hambone Soup Recipe
- 1 hambone
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 large russett potatoes peeled, and cubed
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion chipped
- 1 can white kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 4 large carrots peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups water
- In a large stockpot put leftover hambone covered with 8 cups of water. Bring the water to a boil then reduce and simmer for 1 hour. Remove the hambone.
- Put chopped potatoes and carrots in the pot of homemade ham broth and cook over medium to medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped garlic and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Put onion mixture in stock pot with ham broth. Add corn, beans, and seasoning.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes longer.
- Serve with crusty bread. Refrigerate any leftovers.