This is not only the best tomato soup recipe, but it is actually good for you too as it is filled with not only tomatoes but carrots, celery, onions, and garlic too! But don’t worry, your family wont realize they are eating lots of nutritious vegetables as they will just enjoy the rich flavor from the bacon and roasted tomatoes. This best homemade tomato soup is our family’s favorite soup recipe for fall, winter, and anytime we want some yummy, homemade comfort food! I know your family will love this best ever tomato soup too!
Best Tomato Soup Recipe
Best tomato soup
To make this best homemade tomato soup, start by heating 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat cook cut up 4 slices of bacon. This part is optional, but the bacon adds a really great dimension to the flavor. Scoop out the bacon onto a towel to reserve for later.
HINT: I like to cut my bacon and cook it in pieces; not only does it cook quicker, but it saves me as step of chopping it up later!
Now chop up 3 stalks of celery, 3 peeled carrots, 3 cloves of fresh garlic, and 1 medium onion. Add the vegetables to the stock pot filled with olive oil and bacon grease (you can remove, but it will add a LOT of flavor!!) Cook until the vegetables are mostly tender, about 5 minutes.
Best creamy tomato soup recipe
Scoop all the veggies from the stockpot in to a food processor.
The best tomato soup
Use the blender to mix; there will be some grainy look to it. Now add in some of the chicken broth and let it run a little longer until smooth. Scoop it back into the stock pot.
Best ever tomato soup
Now blend 28 oz (about 4 cups) of fire roasted tomatoes until they look like crushed tomatoes. You don’t want them completely smooth. Trust me, you want to use fireroasted tomatoes as they add a lot of flavor depth to this soup. Now pour the tomato mixture back into your large pot.
Note: If you are using garden fresh tomatoes here is how you fire roast tomatoes.
Best homemade tomato soup recipe
In large saucepan or stock pot heat the blended vegetables, blended tomatoes, and remaining chicken broth over medium heat.
Add 1 teaspoon oregano, salt and pepper, 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red peppers. You can serve it as soon as it is warm, but if you let it simmer 30 minutes or longer, the flavors will have longer to mesh together.
When you are ready to serve the soup, add a splash of cream or whole milk. Not only will this make the soup extra creamy, but it will cool the soup down just enough for your children to enjoy the soup right away.
Good tomato soup
The soup is just thick enough to be filling. Is filled with lots of good for you veggies. And it has such an incredible flavor don’t be surprised if everyone asks for seconds….. or thirds!
Bacon tomato soup
You can top your soup with croutons, chives, or cheese if you like. We like to serve ours with a classic grilled cheese sandwich for dipping!
I always get tons of complements on this soup! It is a hit at our house. I hope this yummy, good for you, soup is a hit at yours too!
- My Famous Twice Baked Potatoes with Cream Cheese
- Super easy Best bbq chicken sandwich recipe
- Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup using an instapot or crock pot!
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than store bought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
Best Ever Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlice, minced
- 3 cans (`16 oz) fire roasted tomatoes
- 6 ounce tomato puree
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- dash salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or milk
- Using a large stock pot, put 2 TAB olive oil over medium heat and cook cut up bacon. This part is optional, but the bacon adds a really great dimension to the flavor.
- While bacon cooks, chop up celery,carrots, garlic, and onion. Toss veggies in the ban with bacon cook until it is all mostly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Put tender vegetables in food processor until smooth; return to stock pot. Add fire roasted tomatoes to food process and make semi smooth. Pour tomatoes and remaining ingredients into pot. Cook over medium heat until flavors blend. Serve warm.