This is not only the best tomato soup recipe, but it is actually good for you too as it is filled with not only tomatoes but carrots, celery, onions, and garlic too! But don’t worry, your family wont realize they are eating lots of nutritious vegetables as they will just enjoy the rich flavor from the bacon and roasted tomatoes. This best homemade tomato soup is our family’s favorite soup recipe for fall, winter, and anytime we want some yummy, homemade comfort food! I know your family will love this best ever tomato soup too!
Best Tomato Soup Recipe
Bacon tomato soup
To make this best homemade tomato soup, start by heating 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat cook cut up 4 slices of bacon. This part is optional, but the bacon adds a really great dimension to the flavor. Scoop out the bacon onto a towel to reserve for later.
HINT: I like to cut my bacon and cook it in pieces; not only does it cook quicker, but it saves me as step of chopping it up later!
Now chop up 3 stalks of celery, 3 peeled carrots, 3 cloves of fresh garlic, and 1 medium onion. Add the vegetables to the stock pot filled with olive oil and bacon grease (you can remove, but it will add a LOT of flavor!!) Cook until the vegetables are mostly tender, about 5 minutes.
Tomato and bacon soup
Scoop all the veggies from the stockpot in to a food processor.
Easy tomato soup recipe
Use the blender to mix; there will be some grainy look to it. Now add in some of the chicken broth and let it run a little longer until smooth. Scoop it back into the stock pot.
Easy Homemade Tomato soup recipe
Now blend 28 oz (about 4 cups) of fire roasted tomatoes until they look like crushed tomatoes. You don’t want them completely smooth. Trust me, you want to use fireroasted tomatoes as they add a lot of flavor depth to this soup. Now pour the tomato mixture back into your large pot.
Note: If you are using garden fresh tomatoes here is how you fire roast tomatoes.
Best homemade tomato soup recipe
In large saucepan or stock pot heat the blended vegetables, blended tomatoes, and remaining chicken broth over medium heat.
Add 1 teaspoon oregano, salt and pepper, 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red peppers. You can serve it as soon as it is warm, but if you let it simmer 30 minutes or longer, the flavors will have longer to mesh together.
When you are ready to serve the soup, add a splash of cream or whole milk. Not only will this make the soup extra creamy, but it will cool the soup down just enough for your children to enjoy the soup right away.
Good tomato soup
The soup is just thick enough to be filling. Is filled with lots of good for you veggies. And it has such an incredible flavor don’t be surprised if everyone asks for seconds….. or thirds!
Bacon tomato soup
You can top your soup with croutons, chives, or cheese if you like. We like to serve ours with a classic grilled cheese sandwich for dipping!
I always get tons of complements on this soup! It is a hit at our house. I hope this yummy, good for you, soup is a hit at yours too!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Best Ever Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlice, minced
- 3 cans (`16 oz) fire roasted tomatoes
- 6 ounce tomato puree
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- dash salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or milk
- Using a large stock pot, put 2 TAB olive oil over medium heat and cook cut up bacon. This part is optional, but the bacon adds a really great dimension to the flavor.
- While bacon cooks, chop up celery,carrots, garlic, and onion. Toss veggies in the ban with bacon cook until it is all mostly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Put tender vegetables in food processor until smooth; return to stock pot. Add fire roasted tomatoes to food process and make semi smooth. Pour tomatoes and remaining ingredients into pot. Cook over medium heat until flavors blend. Serve warm.