These Twice Baked Potatoes are seriously the BEST potato recipe you will ever taste! I am constantly getting requests for my twice baked potatoes with cream cheese – everyone tells me they taste just like fancy catering baked potato recipes! Plus this is an easy potato recipe to make ahead and the perfect side dish to just about anything. they look picture perfect every time, and they taste so creamy and flavorful! We love to eat these at Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, and other special occasions when we have guests over for a meal.
Twice Baked Potatoes
Twice baked potatoes with cream cheese
Start off by washing, scrubbing, and piercing your potatoes with a fork. Then cook potatoes at 375 F for 1 and 1/4 hour.
NOTE: You are welcome to microwave them for 20 minutes instead if you need to speed it up!
Fancy twice baked potatoes
Once potatoes have cooked and cooled slightly, use a spoon to scoop out the inside of each of the potatoes and reserve. They will look like little potato boats!
Make ahead baked potatoes
Mix the reserved potato insides with cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, butter, and salt & pepper.
Make ahead twice baked potatoes
Carefully spoon the mashed potato mixture back into your potato boats.
I like to top with oregano and cooked, crumbed bacon – YUM!
Bake in a 9×13 pan or baking sheet for 45 minutes at 350-375 F or until heated thoroughly. The reason I have a range of oven temperatures is these are super easy going and just need to be heated. So make the oven whatever temperature you need to cook your other dishes!
These are seriously AMAZING! Your guests will be wowed by the beautiful look and amazing flavor. I’ve been told many times these taste better than twice baked potatoes people have had at fancy restaurants.
These are easy to make, perfect for making ahead, and taste AMAZING!
We like to serve these at Christmas and Easter with ham, but they go great with turkey, steak, and chicken too!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
PERFECT Twice Baked Potatoes
- 8 medium potatoes
- 16 ounce cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- dash salt & pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- Wash, scrub, prick with fork, and bake potatoes at 375 F for 1 hour - 1 1/4 hour. Allow to cool to the touch. Scoop out the insides of the potatoes and put in a bowl. Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, cheese, butter, salt and pepper together until creamy. Spoon back into potato mangers (should be heaping over top a little). Top with cooked baton and oregano.
- You can cook right away, or cover and store in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. When ready to cook cook at 350-375 F (whatever your other dishes need to cook at) for 45 minutes or so. Until heated thoroughly and inside looks melty and yummy!