These Twice Baked Potatoes are seriously the BEST potato recipe you will ever taste! I am constantly getting requests for my twice baked potatoes with cream cheese – everyone tells me they taste just like fancy catering baked potato recipes! Plus this is an easy potato recipe to make ahead and the perfect side dish to just about anything. they look picture perfect every time, and they taste so creamy and flavorful! We love to eat these at Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, and other special occasions when we have guests over for a meal.
Twice Baked Potatoes
Twice baked potatoes with cream cheese
Start off by washing, scrubbing, and piercing your potatoes with a fork. Then cook potatoes at 375 F for 1 and 1/4 hour.
NOTE: You are welcome to microwave them for 20 minutes instead if you need to speed it up!
Fancy twice baked potatoes
Once potatoes have cooked and cooled slightly, use a spoon to scoop out the inside of each of the potatoes and reserve. They will look like little potato boats!
Make ahead baked potatoes
Mix the reserved potato insides with cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, butter, and salt & pepper.
Make ahead twice baked potatoes
Carefully spoon the mashed potato mixture back into your potato boats.
I like to top with oregano and cooked, crumbed bacon – YUM!
Bake in a 9×13 pan or baking sheet for 45 minutes at 350-375 F or until heated thoroughly. The reason I have a range of oven temperatures is these are super easy going and just need to be heated. So make the oven whatever temperature you need to cook your other dishes!
These are seriously AMAZING! Your guests will be wowed by the beautiful look and amazing flavor. I’ve been told many times these taste better than twice baked potatoes people have had at fancy restaurants.
These are easy to make, perfect for making ahead, and taste AMAZING!
We like to serve these at Christmas and Easter with ham, but they go great with turkey, steak, and chicken too!
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole is quick and easy to throw together
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than storebought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
PERFECT Twice Baked Potatoes
- 8 medium potatoes
- 16 ounce cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- dash salt & pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- Wash, scrub, prick with fork, and bake potatoes at 375 F for 1 hour - 1 1/4 hour. Allow to cool to the touch. Scoop out the insides of the potatoes and put in a bowl. Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, cheese, butter, salt and pepper together until creamy. Spoon back into potato mangers (should be heaping over top a little). Top with cooked baton and oregano.
- You can cook right away, or cover and store in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. When ready to cook cook at 350-375 F (whatever your other dishes need to cook at) for 45 minutes or so. Until heated thoroughly and inside looks melty and yummy!