Ready to be the coolest mom on the block? This Target Monster Cookie Recipe is the best monster cookie recipe you’ll try. Plus it’s super easy to whip of as a snack for kids too. This soft, satisfying cookie recipe is filled with lots of trail mix favorites like peanuts, raisins, M&Ms, chocolate chips and more in a peanut butter oat meal cookie dough! Plus – these are an easy cookie recipe you just dump together! Yummy!
Target Monster Cookie Recipe
I love making homemade cookies for my kids. Not only do homemade cookies taste better warm out of the oven and they use no preservatives, but they have better quality ingredients and are a labor of love my kids will remember into adulthood. We have become huge fans of Target’s monster cookies they have in their bakery, but they suddenly stopped making them and I know they probably weren’t the best for us anyhow. So I created my own copycat Target Monster Cookie Recipe that is better than the store bought cookie, better for you, and a simple cookie recipe too!
Monster trail mix cookies
These moist cookies are caulked fully of yummy, filling ingredients! Ready for the most amazing monster cookies ever . . . .
Start by creaming together the sugars and the butter. We use 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and 1 stick of organic butter. I use my handy Kitchen Aid mixer, but you can use a hand mixer or mix them by hand if you prefer.
Next add in 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter and cream together.
Then, add one large egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. When everything is nice and smooth it is time to add the dry ingredients:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
Note: Someone asked why our egg is teal blue green; this is the natural color our backyard hens (Easter Egger variety) lay. Beautiful, isn’t it?!
Target Monster Cookie
Now blend in whatever addons you have on hand and your family likes. You need 1 and 1/2 cups of mixture. Some things you might want to add include peanuts, m&m’s, chocolate chips, peanut chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, raisins, craisins, sunflower seeds, etc.
We liked to use the Monster Trail Mix from Target to save a step, plus it has all our favorite chocolate and nut add-ins we like.
Best monster cookie recipe
Your batter should look like above. It will hold together when pressed – thick and loaded full of yummy candy!
Monster cookie recipes
Finally, drop by rounded tablespoon on a parchment lined cookie sheet (I use this cookie scoop to make them all the perfect size, keep my hands clean, and go super quickly). Flatten tops with the bottom of the glass as these cookies won’t spread much as the batter is so dense.
Archer farms monster cookie
Bake the cookies in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 12-14 minutes. Allow the cookies to sit on cookie sheet another 3 minutes so they don’t fall apart when removing them from the sheet. Now carefully remove the cookies and allow them to cool on cooling rack another couple minutes if you wan wait that long. Time to indulge and enjoy these super scrumptious best ever monster cookie recipe. These are oh, so GOOD!
- My Famous Twice Baked Potatoes with Cream Cheese
- Super easy Best bbq chicken sandwich recipe
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than store bought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
BEST Monster Cookie Recipe
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspooon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups Monster Trail mix (mixture of penauts, m&m, chocolate chips, raisins, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream together sugar and butter. Add in egg, peanut butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in flour, soda, salt and oats until well blended. Finally add in 1 1/2 cup of monster trail mix.
- Drop on rounded tablespoon on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes, let set on cookie sheet 3 minutes and cool on cooling rack.