Ready to be the coolest mom on the block? This Target Monster Cookie Recipe is the best monster cookie recipe you’ll try. Plus it’s super easy to whip of as a snack for kids too. This soft, satisfying cookie recipe is filled with lots of trail mix favorites like peanuts, raisins, M&Ms, chocolate chips and more in a peanut butter oat meal cookie dough! Plus – these are an easy cookie recipe you just dump together! Yummy!
Target Monster Cookie Recipe
I love making homemade cookies for my kids. Not only do homemade cookies taste better warm out of the oven and they use no preservatives, but they have better quality ingredients and are a labor of love my kids will remember into adulthood. We have become huge fans of Target’s monster cookies they have in their bakery, but they suddenly stopped making them and I know they probably weren’t the best for us anyhow. So I created my own copycat Target Monster Cookie Recipe that is better than the store bought cookie, better for you, and a simple cookie recipe too!
Monster trail mix cookies
These moist cookies are caulked fully of yummy, filling ingredients! Ready for the most amazing monster cookies ever . . . .
Start by creaming together the sugars and the butter. We use 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and 1 stick of organic butter. I use my handy Kitchen Aid mixer, but you can use a hand mixer or mix them by hand if you prefer.
Next add in 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter and cream together.
Then, add one large egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. When everything is nice and smooth it is time to add the dry ingredients:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
Note: Someone asked why our egg is teal blue green; this is the natural color our backyard hens (Easter Egger variety) lay. Beautiful, isn’t it?!
Target Monster Cookie
Now blend in whatever addons you have on hand and your family likes. You need 1 and 1/2 cups of mixture. Some things you might want to add include peanuts, m&m’s, chocolate chips, peanut chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, raisins, craisins, sunflower seeds, etc.
We liked to use the Monster Trail Mix from Target to save a step, plus it has all our favorite chocolate and nut add-ins we like.
Best monster cookie recipe
Your batter should look like above. It will hold together when pressed – thick and loaded full of yummy candy!
Monster cookie recipes
Finally, drop by rounded tablespoon on a parchment lined cookie sheet (I use this cookie scoop to make them all the perfect size, keep my hands clean, and go super quickly). Flatten tops with the bottom of the glass as these cookies won’t spread much as the batter is so dense.
Archer farms monster cookie
Bake the cookies in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 12-14 minutes. Allow the cookies to sit on cookie sheet another 3 minutes so they don’t fall apart when removing them from the sheet. Now carefully remove the cookies and allow them to cool on cooling rack another couple minutes if you wan wait that long. Time to indulge and enjoy these super scrumptious best ever monster cookie recipe. These are oh, so GOOD!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
BEST Monster Cookie Recipe
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspooon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups Monster Trail mix (mixture of penauts, m&m, chocolate chips, raisins, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream together sugar and butter. Add in egg, peanut butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in flour, soda, salt and oats until well blended. Finally add in 1 1/2 cup of monster trail mix.
- Drop on rounded tablespoon on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes, let set on cookie sheet 3 minutes and cool on cooling rack.