My husband came up with this really clever and easy twist on Egg McMuffins that is not only healthier, but a huge time saver. This mcmuffins recipe makes a great breakfast recipes for kids or kids lunch! So before your kids head to work, whip up this egg mcmuffin recipe. Plus this makes a yummy and EASY breakfast on the go recipes.
You and your kids are going to love our Dad McMuffins Recipe!
- Quick to prepare
- Healthy (protein, veggies, protein, bread and fruit if you serve it on the side!)
- CLEVER TRICK (keep reading….)
- Delicious! (these are highly requested at our house)
We love to serve these for breakfast, lunch, OR dinner for a kid friendly meal!
Egg mcmuffin recipe
Slice peppers in to about 1” thick rings. We like using sweet peppers, but any kind will do.
Hint: One pepper will make 3-5 slices depending on the size of the pepper. You want to get large, uniformly sized peppers.
Homemade egg mcmuffin
Heat a frying pan or griddle to medium-high (350 F) and light butter.
Now crack an egg into each of the pepper rings. We cook ours on a griddle as we can get sandwiches for all 5 of us ready at the same time. If your kids prefer you can scramble the egg in a small bowl before pouring it in the pepper (like the back pepper in the picture)
HINT: Press down around the pepper walls to make a tight seal for 5 seconds to avoid any of the egg creeping under the pepper wall.
Cook for about 5-7 minutes and then flip gently with a spatula. The pepper cooks up beautifully at the same time as the egg.
We sprinkle with salt and pepper at this point.
Breakfast egg recipes
As soon as you flip the peppers, top with a slice of White American or Pepper Jack cheese. It will get nice and melted as it cooks during the final 5 minutes.
Breakfast on the go recipes
Meanwhile, toast an English Muffin (or use homemade English muffins like we do) in the toaster.
Then put the pepper egg disc in the English Muffin. Serve warm!
Breakfast to GO
This is going to become your families new favorite recipes for any time!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Dad McMuffins Recipe
- 8 English muffins
- 1 large red pepper, sliced into 1" rings
- 8 large eggs
- 8 slices cheese (we like pepper jack)
- dash salt & pepper
- Heat a frying pan or griddle to medium-high (350 F) and light butter.
- Now crack an egg into each of the pepper rings. We cook ours on a griddle as we can get sandwiches for all 5 of us ready at the same time. If your kids prefer you can scramble the egg in a small bowl before pouring it in the pepper (like the back pepper in the picture)
- Cook for about 5-7 minutes and then flip gently with a spatula. The pepper cooks up beautifully at the same time as the egg. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- As soon as you flip the peppers, top with a slice of White American or Pepper Jack cheese. It will get nice and melted as it cooks during the final 5 minutes.
- Toast English muffin; put the pepper egg disc in the English Muffin. Serve warm!
Dad’s McMuffin Recipe is genius. Egg was perfectly done, lightly dippy not soupy dippy. You don’t even need it in the muffin but could serve it on the side for another cool presentation. I was surprised how nice the pepper texture was. Tell “Dad” thanks for us.