Looking for a delicious makeover of the classic creamed chicken over biscuits? This creamed chicken has a little additional flavor and zest to give the classic cream chicken over biscuits an upgrade! Not only is this easy dinner recipe super satisfying, but it will take you less than 30 minutes to make this creamy, delicious supper recipe for your family!
Creamed chicken over biscuits
Cream chicken over biscuits
Chicken over biscuits
Creamed chicken and biscuits
Serve with homemade biscuits; see our easy, delicious recipe below.
Meanwhile, mix up these delicious, perfect-every-time biscuit recipe:
Grandma’s creamy chicken and biscuits
Creamy chicken over biscuits
Cream chicken and biscuits
Recipe for creamed chicken over biscuits
- My Famous Twice Baked Potatoes with Cream Cheese
- Super easy Best bbq chicken sandwich recipe
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than store bought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
Jazzed Up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits Recipe
- 1/2 cup Crisco, lard, or butter
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 cups cooked, cut up chicken
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 1 small jar pimientos, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- MAKE THE BISCUITS:Preheat the oven to 450 F.Cut shortening into flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk.Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 10 times. Roll ½” thick and cut out using a cookie cutter (I use the large lids from ball canning jars).Put on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until just a hint of light brown.
- MAKE THE CREAMED CHICKEN:While the biscuits are baking, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, pepper, and ground mustard and use whisk to cook for 1-2 minutes over medium heat until it smells nutty and there is just a hint of it turning light brown.Slowly add milk, stirring constantly until it thickens, 4-5 minutes.Add chicken, peas, and drained pimientos and cook over medium heat until peas are softened and chicken hot - about 10 minutes.Add cheese; once melted it is ready to serve over biscuits.