These delightful Orange Rolls taste like Christmas morning to me because my Dad made them every December 25th my whole life. This orange rolls recipe makes breakfast rolls that are bursting with orange flavor and perfect to serve by themselves or alongside ham like we like to serve them. Your family will surely look forward to having these orange sweet rolls for the holidays or any other time.
Orange rolls recipe
First mix up the dough by adding 3 tablespoons butter to 1 cup scalded and cooled milk. Next add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 3 tablespoons yeast, 1 cup sugar, 3 eggs, and 1 cup flour. Let rise for 45 minutes.
Add 3 more cups flour and let it rise in a warm spot until it doubles again, about 1 hour.
Stir down and let it rise another 2-3 hours in a warm place.
Orange sweet rolls
Roll out dough on a floured surface until it is very thin measuring about 12 x 16″. Spread with a thin layer of softened butter, sprinkle with sugar and orange peel you grated from 2 oranges.
Homemade orange rolls
Roll tightly so there will be many layers of dough. Cut in 1″ pieces and place in muffin tin.
Easy orange rolls
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until very lightly browned. Pull out of pan and serve immediately or store in airtight containers.
Orange breakfast rolls
These smell heavenly and taste even better! They are light and flavorful!
Orange yeast rolls
Unlike traditional cinnamon rolls that are suppose to get big, these dynamite little bites are tightly wound, bite-size rolls that are bursting with flavor.
- My Famous Twice Baked Potatoes with Cream Cheese
- Super easy Best bbq chicken sandwich recipe
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than store bought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
Heavenly Orange Rolls Recipe
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons yeast
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4-6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large oranges rind grated
- Add butter & salt to scalded milk; add eggs and sugar. When lukewarm add yeast. Add only 1 cup flour. Let rise 45 minutes.
- Add remaining flour & let rise until double in bulk (another hour).
- Stir down; do not knead; let rise 2-3 hours.
- Roll out until the dough is very thin on floured surface only adding as much flour as needed to not stick on the surface (it will be big like 12"x16").
- Spread with softened butter then sprinkle with sugar/orange mixture. Roll up on the 12" side so that there are many, many layers to each roll and cut into small 1” pieces.
- Bake in muffin pans at 350 for 15 minutes. These will be small, tightly wound, delicious bits of heaven!