These delightful Orange Rolls taste like Christmas morning to me because my Dad made them every December 25th my whole life. This orange rolls recipe makes breakfast rolls that are bursting with orange flavor and perfect to serve by themselves or alongside ham like we like to serve them. Your family will surely look forward to having these orange sweet rolls for the holidays or any other time.
Orange rolls recipe
First mix up the dough by adding 3 tablespoons butter to 1 cup scalded and cooled milk. Next add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 3 tablespoons yeast, 1 cup sugar, 3 eggs, and 1 cup flour. Let rise for 45 minutes.
Add 3 more cups flour and let it rise in a warm spot until it doubles again, about 1 hour.
Stir down and let it rise another 2-3 hours in a warm place.
Orange sweet rolls
Roll out dough on a floured surface until it is very thin measuring about 12 x 16″. Spread with a thin layer of softened butter, sprinkle with sugar and orange peel you grated from 2 oranges.
Homemade orange rolls
Roll tightly so there will be many layers of dough. Cut in 1″ pieces and place in muffin tin.
Easy orange rolls
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until very lightly browned. Pull out of pan and serve immediately or store in airtight containers.
Orange breakfast rolls
These smell heavenly and taste even better! They are light and flavorful!
Orange yeast rolls
Unlike traditional cinnamon rolls that are suppose to get big, these dynamite little bites are tightly wound, bite-size rolls that are bursting with flavor.
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Heavenly Orange Rolls Recipe
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons yeast
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4-6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large oranges rind grated
- Add butter & salt to scalded milk; add eggs and sugar. When lukewarm add yeast. Add only 1 cup flour. Let rise 45 minutes.
- Add remaining flour & let rise until double in bulk (another hour).
- Stir down; do not knead; let rise 2-3 hours.
- Roll out until the dough is very thin on floured surface only adding as much flour as needed to not stick on the surface (it will be big like 12"x16").
- Spread with softened butter then sprinkle with sugar/orange mixture. Roll up on the 12" side so that there are many, many layers to each roll and cut into small 1” pieces.
- Bake in muffin pans at 350 for 15 minutes. These will be small, tightly wound, delicious bits of heaven!