Everyone is going to love this quick and easy, Instapot Corn Chowder Recipe! It is hearty, super yummy, and so creamy!
Instapot Corn Chowder Recipe
Set your Instapot to high saute; add in cut up raw bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 5 minutes.
Pull out the bacon and put it on a paper towel-lined plate.
Add chopped garlic and onion to bacon grease and saute until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in cut potatoes, corn, pimiento, stock, thyme, salt, and pepper. Select manual setting and set for 10 minutes. When it finishes cooking, use quick-release (see owners manual for instructions).
Once it’s de-pressurized select high saute and sprinkle ingredients with flour and stir for 1 minute. Next pour in heavy cream and stir frequently until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes.
Stir in cheese and serve immediately garnished with bacon and chives.
Our family likes an extra thick soup. But if you want to stretch your soup a little farther, you can easily double the water, cream, flour, and cheese for a creamy, less thick soup.
This is such a yummy, homemade soup recipe that is sure to become your families new favorite soup recipe.
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole is quick and easy to throw together
- Yummy Blueberry Muffins
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls that taste better than Cinnabon!
- Zucchini Coffee Cake with an amazing streusel topping
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is a special fall treat
- Easy Bread Machine English Muffin Recipe that is waaaaay better than storebought!
- Family favorite Easy Egg Casserole to throw together for company or holiday!
- Delicious Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal
- Make Ahead French Toast Casserole – my father-in-law always says it tastes like great grandma’s bread pudding
- Breakfast Casserole with Croutons is super easy with just the right seasoning
- Disney themed Loaded Mashed Potato Waffles
- Easy Breakfast Pizza recipe
- Healthy and decadent Chocolate Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Easy Yeastless Bread Recipe
- Simple Meat Lasagna Recipe my great-aunt always made
- Loaded Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
- Family Favorite Homemade Taco Pizza
- General Tso Chicken Recipe – better than takeout!
- Delicious Thanksgiving Soup we make from leftover turkey
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Crockpot -a fall breakfast recipe that tastes like dessert
- Easy Pumpkin Chili recipe your family will crave
- Best Ever Tomato Soup (the secret ingredient is bacon!)
- Easy Green Chicken Soup Recipe is super quick and satisfying
- Sweet Chili Recipe is super easy to make and a yummy comfort food!
- Apple Soup Recipe for Fall – tastes like fall in a bowl!
- Pizza Quesadilla is a quick and easy lunch recipe
- Serious this Easy Gingerbread Recipe makes the best, softest Gingerbread man ever!
- Melt in your mouth sugar cookie recipes – my secret recipe
- My family loves these cookies with snickers
- Best Oriental Slaw recipe
- My Great-Grandma’s Orange Rolls Recipe
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- You’ve got to try my copycat Dave’s gourmet butternut squash pasta sauce recipe
- My kid’s favorite – Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Fall favorite Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
Instapot Corn Chowder Recipe
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped
- 16 oz frozen corn kernels
- 4 oz jar pimientos, drained
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- dash salt & pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup white cheddar, grated
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Set instapot to high saute. Add cut up raw bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 5 minutes. Pull out bacon only and put on a paper towel-lined plate. Add garlic and onion to instapot with bacon grease in it. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.Stir in potatoes, corn, pimiento, vegetable stock, thyme and salt and pepper, to taste. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 10 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.Select high sauté setting and sprinkle in flour and stir for 1 minute. Pour in heavy cream and stir frequently until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in cheese and serve immediately, garnished with bacon and chives, if desired.