Oatmeal is a great choice for breakfast, it not only tastes good but is filling, cheap, and good for you too! But some oatmeal recipes are very bland! This butterscotch oatmeal recips makes a really, really good oatmeal! It is seriously the best way to make oatmeal that is both easy and a super yummy oatmeal recipes too! All you need are a few common kitchen staples and I’ll show you my famlies favorite method for how to made delicious oatmeal.
Really Good Oatmeal
Some kids grow up with cereal as their main breakfast food, not me. Cereal had not yet been introduced in Europe so my Dad made us really tasty breakfasts. He had a day of the week for everything and Tuesday was Butterscotch Oatmeal day! My dad made the best oatmeal you’ve ever tasted. Seriously, it is such a yummy oatmeal recipe you will be shocked by how EASY it is to make! When I got married, I continued with this best way to make oatmeal and wowed my in-laws who request my easy oatmeal recipe. My kids all this Abuelo’s Butterscotch Oatmeal because to them, he is Abuelo (Spanish word for Grandpa.) These oats are even a favorite with my kids! So without further ado, let me show you how to cook oats for breakfast that will wow your family and friends!
Best Way to Make Oatmeal
Before I dig in, I wanted to quickly share my favorite pan with you. This is my favorite pot and it heats liquid almost twice as fast and is naturally non-stick too!
All you need ot make this easy oatmeal recipe are a few simple ingredients you probabaly already have in your kitchen: Jump to Recipe
- 3 egg
- 5 cups milk
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ⅓ cup butter
The Best Oatmeal
In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the egg, milk and brown sugar.
Best Oatmeal Breakfast
Mix in the oats.
Best Homemade Oatmeal
When the oatmeal begins to boil, cook and stir the misture until it thickend. Remove from the heat, and stir in butter until melted.
Yummy oatmeal recipes
Easy Oatmeal Recipes
You will love the thick oatmeal packed with flavor. We like to top our oatmeal with additional milk to help it cool off slightly, but it doesn’t need it.
How to Cook Oats for Breakfast
This oatmeal recipe is made from scratch quickly in your kitchen – no preservatives and you control the quality of the ingredients. Plus this thick, scrumptious oatmeal is full of rich flavor and good-for-you oats! This breakfast recipe is sure to keep you full and satisfied all day long!
How to Make Delicious Oatmeal
Try not to lick the screen, you’ll have to take 10 minutes and make your own bowl of yummy, butterscotch oatmeal!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
Really Good Butterscotch Oatmeal Recipe
- 3 egg, beaten 5 ¼ cups milk 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar 3 cups rolled oats ⅓ cup and ½ tablespoon and ½ teaspoon butterIn a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the egg, milk and brown sugar. Mix in the oats. When the oatmeal begins to boil, cook and stir until thick. Remove from the heat, and stir in butter until melted. Serve immediately.
- 3 large eggs
- 5 cups milk we use whole organic milk
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large pot, over medium heat, whisk together the eggs, milk brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mix in the oats. When the mixture begins to boil, continue cooking the oats, stirring contantily, until it is your desired thickness. Remove from the heat, and stir in butter until melted. Serve immediately with additional milk if you like.