Oatmeal is a great choice for breakfast, it not only tastes good but is filling, cheap, and good for you too! But some oatmeal recipes are very bland! This butterscotch oatmeal recips makes a really, really good oatmeal! It is seriously the best way to make oatmeal that is both easy and a super yummy oatmeal recipes too! All you need are a few common kitchen staples and I’ll show you my famlies favorite method for how to made delicious oatmeal.
Really Good Oatmeal
Some kids grow up with cereal as their main breakfast food, not me. Cereal had not yet been introduced in Europe so my Dad made us really tasty breakfasts. He had a day of the week for everything and Tuesday was Butterscotch Oatmeal day! My dad made the best oatmeal you’ve ever tasted. Seriously, it is such a yummy oatmeal recipe you will be shocked by how EASY it is to make! When I got married, I continued with this best way to make oatmeal and wowed my in-laws who request my easy oatmeal recipe. My kids all this Abuelo’s Butterscotch Oatmeal because to them, he is Abuelo (Spanish word for Grandpa.) These oats are even a favorite with my kids! So without further ado, let me show you how to cook oats for breakfast that will wow your family and friends!
Best Way to Make Oatmeal
Before I dig in, I wanted to quickly share my favorite pan with you. This is my favorite pot and it heats liquid almost twice as fast and is naturally non-stick too!
All you need ot make this easy oatmeal recipe are a few simple ingredients you probabaly already have in your kitchen:
- 3 egg
- 5 cups milk
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ⅓ cup butter
The Best Oatmeal
In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the egg, milk and brown sugar.
Best Oatmeal Breakfast
Mix in the oats.
Best Homemade Oatmeal
When the oatmeal begins to boil, cook and stir the misture until it thickend. Remove from the heat, and stir in butter until melted.
Yummy oatmeal recipes
Easy Oatmeal Recipes
You will love the thick oatmeal packed with flavor. We like to top our oatmeal with additional milk to help it cool off slightly, but it doesn’t need it.
How to Cook Oats for Breakfast
This oatmeal recipe is made from scratch quickly in your kitchen – no preservatives and you control the quality of the ingredients. Plus this thick, scrumptious oatmeal is full of rich flavor and good-for-you oats! This breakfast recipe is sure to keep you full and satisfied all day long!
How to Make Delicious Oatmeal
Try not to lick the screen, you’ll have to take 10 minutes and make your own bowl of yummy, butterscotch oatmeal!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or REALLY good Butterscotch oatmeal !
- Easy Banana Walnut Bread
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Delicious Breakfast Cake Recipe with cinnamon streussal filling and crumb topping
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Easy Kid Friendly Breakfast Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- Creamy Pioneer Woman Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- Scrumptious Pecan Peach Bread
- Easy Ham and Cheese Strata Recipe
- Fabulous Old Fashioned Monkey Bread Recipe
Recipes EVERYONE Asks For
- Grandma’s Homemade Crescent Rolls, Maple Orange Glazed Christmas Ham Recipe
- Yummy Peanut Butter Bars nutella chocolate cupcakes, or caramel popcorn topped homemade cupcakes
- Easy Black Bean Soup, Leftover Pie Crust Pinwheel Cookies, and Grandpa’s Favorite Homemade Cherry Pie Recipe
- Apple Hand Pie Dough Recipe with Carmel Dipm Must try Sweet Chili Recipe, and delicious spanish rice
- Peach Ice Cream Recipe, favorite Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip, better than Casey’s Taco Pizza Recipe
- Pepperoni Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch, fresh Lemon Blueberry Dessert Recipes, and My Favorite Oriental Coleslaw
- Easy Pumpkin Fall Dessert Recipes, Homemade Carmel Baked Popcorn, Apple and Sausage Early Fall Soup
- Melt-in-Your-Mouth Mexican Wedding Cake Cookies or Holiday Shake Eggnog Recipe
- Seriously the Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe, just like Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe, or PB and Jelly cupcakes
- Best Strawberry Pretzel Salad or Kid favorite Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe Easy
- Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe Easy with streusal and golden marshmallows on top
- Out-of-this-World Lemonade Cake and Broccoli and Cauliflower Thanksgiving Salad Recipes
- Mom’s Loaded Potato Salad Recipe, Impress with this Summer Strawberry Dessert
- Delicious Pineapple Pico de Gallo Chip Salsa or Yummy Pear Beat Goat Cheese Salad
- Our Families GO-TO Traditional Chicken Salad Recipes, Light and Satisfying Ham Pasta Recipes
- See all of our best dessert recipes here
Really Good Butterscotch Oatmeal Recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 5 cups milk we use whole organic milk
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large pot, over medium heat, whisk together the eggs, milk brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mix in the oats. When the mixture begins to boil, continue cooking the oats, stirring contantily, until it is your desired thickness. Remove from the heat, and stir in butter until melted. Serve immediately with additional milk if you like.