Here are some of our family favorite Thanksgiving recipes! Find the perfect, no fail, best thanksgiving side dishes including homemade mashed Potaotes Recipe, my Grandma’s Made form Scratch Gravy Recipe, made from scratch Crescent Rolls. perfect every time pumpkin pie, the best sweet potato casserole, yummy snicker apple salad, broccoli cauliflower salad, and more! These are all the thanksgiving recipes our family likes to make year-after-year as we celebrate Thanksgiving holiday in November.
Nothing beats homemade! Here are over 50 yummy recipes for a made from scracth Thanksgiving dinner! Try our family’s tried and true recipes that are sure to satisfy your Thanksgiving guests! We’ve included our favorite Thanskgiving salads, Thanskgiving side dishes, classic thanksgiving recipes, delicious pie recipes, what to make for thanksgiving breakfast, plus leftover turkey recipes too! Plus don’t miss our Thanksgiving Menu with timeline, recipes, and even a printable grocery list!
Best Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Snicker Apple Salad Recipe – my kids favorite Thanksgiving dish!
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Cashews, Bacon, and tangy dressing!
- Holiday Green Bean Casserole
- Best Sweet Potato Casserole
- Yummy Cranberry Pineapple Relish
Homemade Mashed Potatoes Recipe
This is our classic, homemade mashed potato recipe. I always figure you need 1 1/2 medium potatoes per person. So make sure to double, triple, or quadruple this recipe depending on how many guests you are having.
- 6 potatoes, peeled & cubed
- ½ cup milk
4 TAB butter
- salt & pepper
In boiling water cook potatoes for 20-25 minutes over medium heat; drain. Put soft potatoes back in pan and mash potatoes & remaining ingredients until light& fluffy. Serve immediately or put in a Crockpot on warm to keep ready to go whenever needed. If you are reheating potatoes, just add a splash of milk to make them fluffy again.
Note: Theses are great the second day when made into potato cakes.
Breads and Side Dishes
- Angel Rolls – The BEST Homemade Crescent Rolls
- Family Favorite Cornbread Stuffing
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Southern Corn Spoon Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Smoked Green Beans – cook in the oven or smoker
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Maple Orange Glazed Ham
Made from Scratch – Grandma’s Homemade Gravy Recipe
My Grandma was the best cook. She knew how to make meat, potato, gravy, cinnamon rolls, pies and all those old timey favorites better than anyone else I know.
I still remember when I was in about 6th grade and we went to my Grandma’s house. My Dad told me I needed to learn how to make gravy from Grandma. I guess my Grandma had tried to teach my Mom lots of times, but it just wasn’t her thing. Well, lucky for my Dad, husband, children, and hopefully someday grandchildren – it stuck with me. I can make Grandma’s gravy. And let me tell you there is nothing like homemade gravy. And it really is quite simple!
In a large skillet make a rue by melting 4 TAB butter over low heat. Add 4 TAB all purpose flour and stir over medium heat using a whisk until it is lightly browned.
This gives it a good flavor and takes the “paste” flavor out of it.
Now turn it off until you are ready for the next part. You need 2 cups of liquid. Start off with what is going to give it flavor – your turkey, beef, or sausage drippings from the bottom of the pan. You need at least 1/2 cup. Now add enough water to get to 2 cups. Pour into your flour slowly, whisking constantly to get a thick liquid.
Keep adding water as needed over low heat to get the consistency of gravy you like. Serve warm.
Note: Any leftovers will become “solid” and must be refrigerated, but will loosen up when warmed again.
Whether you are looking for a delicious Thanksgiving side dish, pie, or just a tasty recipe to try this November – you will love these family favorite recipes for November!
Best Dessert for Thanksgiving
- Leftover Pie Crust Pinwheels
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Easy Fall Dessert – a mix and dump pumpkin cake that EVERYONE will love!
- Easy Pumpkin Roll Thanksgiving Dessert Recipe
- Yummy Peanut Butter Bars
- Apple Carrot Cupcake with Caramel Filling and Mascarpone Frosting
- Grandma’s Cherry Pie
- Homemade Butterscotch Pudding Recipe
- Easy Pecan Pie Bars
- Super Easy Date Bars with nuts
- You will want to try our Amazing Thanksgiving Leftover Soup
- Turkey Pot Pie Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes
- Oreo Turkey snack for kids
- Yummy, Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- The BEST Homemade Monkey Bread Recipe from Scratch
Looking for YUMMY Pumpkin Recipes? Try these family favorites:
- Turkey Cinnamon Rolls by tucking in bacon to make turkey feathers
- We’ve taken all the work out of prepping the PERFECT Thanksgiving feast! Here is our free Thanksgiving Meal Planner with recipes, timing, hints, and more!
- Oh so Yummy Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- Easy-to-Make, healthy Pumpkin Pie Chili will be your families new favorite meal!
- Super easy to make Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal to whip up in the crock pot
- 40 Pumpkin Pie Recipes for Kids
- Here is your new favorite dessert for October – Pumpkin Lava Cakes!
- Super delicious Pumpkin Waffles that have no added sugar, but are perfectly sweet!
- BEST EVER Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- Easy, Homemade Oven Baked Caramel Popcorn
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- Quick and EASY Bagel Dip
- Homemade Apple Hand Pies with carmel dipping sauce
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Plus don’t miss these fun Thanksgiving activities for kids including zany turkey activities, thanksgiving crafts, educational turkey math and free thanskgiving worksheets too!