Whether you are making banana walnut bread because you have brown bananas to use up or because you have a craving for moist, flavorful banana and walnut loaf – you are going to love this EASY breakfast recipe! This is seriously the best banana walnut bread recipe I’ve made, and it is so simple to throw together!
Banana Walnut Bread
This recipe for banana nut bread with walnuts was my Grandma’s and she always made the best food. She use to tell me it was because of her secret ingredient, love. Well I don’ doubt that made it better, her recipe is just as tasty as we make her banana and walnut bread for a new generation. I love that even though my Grandma is no longer with us, we can still enjoy her best banana walnut bread recipe and it still brings a smile to my face.
Banana walnut bread Recipe
All you need to whip up a loaf of homemade banana bread are a couple simple ingredients you probabaly already have on hand:
- ripe bananas
- salted butter, melted
- baking soda
- white sugar
- large egg, beaten
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- walnuts – optional
- optional – more walnuts and/or chocolate chips
Banana and walnut loaf
Preheat the oven to 350 and butter an 8×4 loaf pan. Start by mashing your ripe bananas. You should have about 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 cups.
banana and walnut bread
Now add the melted butter and sugar to the mashed bananas and stir. Add remaining ingredients.
Banana walnut loaf
Pour the banana bread mixture in the prepared pan and sprinkle with additional walnuts and/or chocolate chips. This not only looks really pretty, but is adds a lovely crunch at the top and visual interest to your lovely breakfast dish.
banana and walnut bread recipe
Bake 60 minutes.
best banana walnut bread recipe
I know it is tempting to dig in when it is warm and smelling so yummy, but don’t!
You really need to cool the banana bread completely for the easiest slicing!
banana walnut bread recipe moist
Slice the loaf and set-out for breakfast along with a fruit salad or as a quick grab and go school day breakfast.
Recipe for banana nut bread with walnuts
Your family will go nuts for this warm, cinnamon tasy bread that is so heartwarming!
You can eat this moist, flavorful bread as is or smear some butter on it for a lovely breakfast idea.
Easy banana walnut bread
Got brown bananas? You are in luck! Make this yummy, super moist banana walnut bread! This loaf is super EASY to whip up for breakfast.
This tried and true banana bread recipe is easy to make from scratch for a delicious, filling breakfast meal on the go!
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Flavorful Peach Bread with pecans
- Easy Banana Walnut Bread
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake with cinnamon streussal filling and crumb topping
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Hambone Soup Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Best Potato Salad loaded up with bacon, eggs, cheese, and more!
- Snicker Apple Salad Recipe – my kids favorite Thanksgiving dish!
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Cashews, Bacon, and tangy dressing!
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- Quick and Easy Orange Couscous Chicken
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Yummy Orange Chicken Pasta is perfect for a quick weekday supper
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Refreshing Lemonade Cake
- Easy Fall Dessert – a mix and dump pumpkin cake that EVERYONE will love!
- Scrumptious Homemade Cherry Pie
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Perfect for summer, Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- Creamy Peaches and Cream Ice Cream recipe
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- Easy, frozen Summer Strawberry Dessert
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- Leftover Pie Crust Pinwheels
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Oh-so-Delicious Tres Leches Cake is quick and easy to make!
- Buttery Spritz Cookies
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- Easy, Homemade Oven Baked Caramel Popcorn
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- Quick and EASY Bagel Dip
- Homemade Apple Hand Pies with carmel dipping sauce
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Southern Corn Spoon Bread
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
- Holiday Green Bean Casserole
- Smoked Green Beans – cook in the oven or smoker
- Best Sweet Potato Casserole
- Family Favorite Cornbread Stuffing
Grandma's Banana Walnut Bread
- 3 ripe ripe bananas about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cup mashed
- 1/3 cup butter, salted melted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup walnuts plus extra for the toppint
- chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter an 8x4 loaf pan.
- Mash three, medium ripe bananas. Add in the melted butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, sugar, and mix well. Stir in the flour, walnuts, salt, and baking soda.
- Pour in prepared pan and sprinkle with additional walnuts and/or chocolate chips for an extra pretty and yummy breakfast bread! .
- Bake 60 minutes. Cool completely for the easiest slicing!
Perfect and so easy to make
Perfect! Love that it isn’t doughy like some end up
THis is the perfect, classic banana bread. Thanks for sharing this easy recipe
So moist and flavorful!
Perfect for weekday lunches or make ahead and freeze for a busy day!
A hit with everyone. We added chocolate chips for a special treat =)
Love this easy to follow recipe. Off to check out your others