If you are looking for pretty Christmas cookies to make with or for your kids, you will love these spritz cookies. Not only does this spritz cookie recipe deliver buttery yummyness, but they are so lovely to look at too in various shapes. So whip up a batc of our Christmas spritz cookies to enjoy in December and the whole holiday season!
The first Christmas cookies we made every year were these spritz cookies – they were my favorite! I loved the buttery taste of these yummy, bite-size cookies. I love the smell of these baking in the oven. I loved making these cookies with my Dad and using the fun cookie press to make various shapes. But mostly, I loved how pretty these Christmas spritz cookies were. We made green Christmas trees with sprinkle ornaments, green wreaths with red hot lights, yellow camels to remind us of the wise men who went off to find baby Jesus, and various other non-traditional ones just for fun. You and your kids will love making this delicious spritz cookie recipe that is as pretty as it is yummy! This is definetly the best spritz cookie recipe, others sometimes don’t have the right consistency and get stuck in the press – but our butter spritz cookies come out beautifully every time!
Spritz Cookie Recipe
Start by gathering your ingredients. You will need:
- 1 ½ cup butter
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teas vanilla
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 TAB milk
- ½ teas almond extract
- 1 teas baking powder
- food coloring (optional)
- sprinkels (optional)
Cookie Press Recipes
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Mix ingredients together
HINT: Cookie press cookies can be a little tempermental depending on your altitude and make of certain ingredients. Make sure your butter is softened, but not melted. If your are having trouble getting the cookies pressed out of the press, you can add a little milk or flour depending on what consistency problems you are having.
To use a cookie press simply insert dough into press and put on the cap with the cookie shape you like. Turn crank or press, depending on your model, until the batter makes a cookie. Lift and repeat until your non-greased cookie sheet is full.
The cookies do not spread much, if at all – so feel free to pack them in pretty tightly. Sometimes getting the press started you will need to go through a couple cookies to get it going. Just save the batter and add it back in the press at the end.
Best Spritz Cookie Recipe
Make various Christmas colors and shapes like green trees, yellow camels, green wreaths, etc.
Old fashioned spritz cookies recipe
Bake for 8 minutes.
Butter spritz cookies
Allow to cool a couple minute before removing from the cookie sheet onto a cooling rack.
Christmas spritz cookies
These are the first cookies we make every year. We make them together right before putting up our Christmas decorations.
Christmas Cookies Recipe
I love how pretty these cookies are in various shapes and colors. My kids always loved using sprinkles to decorate these fun-to-make holiday treats!
Pretty christmas cookies
We always make plates of cookies to take to neighbors. It’s our family tradition.
If you are looking for pretty Christmas cookies to make with or for your kids, you will love these buttery spritz cookies recipe.
- Amazing Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- Homemade Oatmeal: Crockpot Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal, Slow Cooker Blueberry Oatmeal. Bannana Oatmeal, Chocolate Berry Overnight Oats, or Butterscotch Oats – a really good oatmeal !
- Flavorful Peach Bread with pecans
- Easy Banana Walnut Bread
- Cinnamon Zucchini Coffee Cake
- Delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake with cinnamon streussal filling and crumb topping
- Family Favorite Blueberry Muffins with a streusal topping
- Blueberry Breakfast Casserole
- Fall favorite, Breakfast Apple Cake
- Breakfast Pizza is such a yummy, Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Dad’s Healthy Egg McMuffin
- Heavenly Orange Rolls
- Super Easy Egg Casserole you can make ahead
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- No Fail Pancake Recipe or our Yummy Banana Pancakes
- Sourdough Crepes with Bananas Foster
- Homemade, Bread Machine English Muffins – way better than the store bought and easier than you’d think
- Pumpkin Waffles are so flavorful and taste like fall
- Easy Breakfast Casserole with Croutons
- BEST Sweet Chili Recipe
- Hambone Soup Recipe
- Easy Pumpkin Chili
- Instapot Corn Chowder Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Best ever Tomato Soup with bacon
- Leftover Thanksgiving Soup
- Green Chicken Taco Soup
- Early Autumn Fall Soup Recipes with sausage and apple
Recipes for Salads and Sandwiches
- Creamy Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
- Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that is perfect for company
- Grilled Brie and Pear Sandwich
- Kid Favorite Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch
- Best Oriental Coleslaw with Soy Sauce
- Beet Pear and Goat Cheese Salad
- Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Ground Beef Taco Salad
- Easy Spinach and Berry Salad
- Best Potato Salad loaded up with bacon, eggs, cheese, and more!
- Snicker Apple Salad Recipe – my kids favorite Thanksgiving dish!
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Cashews, Bacon, and tangy dressing!
- Mom’s Easy Lasagna Recipe
- Quick and Easy Orange Couscous Chicken
- General Tso Chicken Recipe
- Yummy Orange Chicken Pasta is perfect for a quick weekday supper
- Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Delicious Homemade Tortilla Recipe
- Rich Mac and Cheese Pies
- Sausage Make Ahead Foil Packet Dinners
- Easy Barbecue Chicken Recipe
- Juicy Lemon Chicken Pasta Instant pot
- Jazzed up Creamed Chicken over Biscuits
- Best Ever Mac and Cheese
- Copycat Dave’s Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Easy Cheese Souffle
- Super Tender BBQ Roast
- Homemade Copycat Godfathers Taco Pizza Recipe
- Easy Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
- How to make homemade pasta
- Super Flavorful Grilled Pork Loin
- Healthy Pineapple Fried Rice
- Seriously the Best, Make Ahead Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Pasta Recipe with Ham, Walnuts, and Parmesan Cheese
- This Easy Oreo Cheeseball can be served as an appetizer or dessert!
- Refreshing Lemonade Cake
- Easy Fall Dessert – a mix and dump pumpkin cake that EVERYONE will love!
- Scrumptious Homemade Cherry Pie
- Making this snow ice cream is one my kids’ favorite annual traditions!
- Perfect for summer, Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Crumb Bars
- Pumpkin Lava Cake is an ooey gooey fall dessert your family will want seconds of!
- Creamy Peaches and Cream Ice Cream recipe
- This sandcastle ice cream is so clever and EASY to make! You are sure to be the coolest mom on the block!
- You don’t need a fancy ice cream maker; here is how to make ice cream in a bag
- These homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips are the perfect dessert to go along with your Mexican dinner
- If you’ve never tried our melt in your mouth sugar cookies, you are missing out!
- Whip up a batch of this carmel chex mix for your next game night or potluck!
- These snicker cookies are so decadent with a delightful melty middle!
- Easy, frozen Summer Strawberry Dessert
- This soft Gingerbread Man Recipe for kids is my most requested for every cookie swap!
- Leftover Pie Crust Pinwheels
- I can almost smell this cooking, my perfect every time, best pumpkin pie recipe
- My kids favorite cookies – Monster Cookie Recipe
- Or make these classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So good their gone, easy homemade brownies recipe
- Perfect for summer, Lemon Bars with vanilla wafer crust
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake – this is what I request for my birthday cake every year! YUM!
- Classic Vanilla Ice Cream in a homemade ice cream maker
- Our favorite cake ball recipes
- So good you just can’t stop eating it Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge
- Mom’s Homemade Apple Pie
- Oh-so-Delicious Tres Leches Cake is quick and easy to make!
- Buttery Spritz Cookies
- Pepperoni Cheeseball Game Day Appetizers
- Easy, Homemade Oven Baked Caramel Popcorn
- My famous pineapple cream cheese dip
- Zesty Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Our GO TO Salsa Recipe with gardne fresh tomatoes
- Grab your veggies, they are going to want to take a dunk in this Southwestern Dip
- Family Favorite appetizer meatballs with super quick secret sauce!
- Quick Pineapple Salsa made from scratch
- Sweet and Sour Bacon and Water Chestnut Appetizer
- Go to Peanut Butter Dip for Apples
- Quick and EASY Bagel Dip
- Homemade Apple Hand Pies with carmel dipping sauce
- It wouldn’t be Christmas without serving up this family traditional Wassail Recipe
Breads and Side Dishes
- Super Moist Southern Cornbread recipe with creamed corn
- Easy Bread Machine Hamurger Buns
- Super Yummy Quick Yeast Rolls
- Southern Corn Spoon Bread
- Rosemary Crock pot Bread
- Sweet Potato Sourdough Buns
- Delicious Yeastless Bread – quick bread recipe no yeast
- Holiday Green Bean Casserole
- Smoked Green Beans – cook in the oven or smoker
- Best Sweet Potato Casserole
- Family Favorite Cornbread Stuffing
BEST Buttery Sprintz Cookie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar extra fine is my favorite
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Mix all ingredients together and press into a cookie press. Press cookies onto a cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Cool slightly before removing cookies onto a cooling rack. Store in air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
My Grandma use to make these but none of us could find her recipe. These taste just like hers. Thanks!
These are oh-so-good! They are so buttery, thanks
These are so pretty on a plate of Christmas cookies! I am going to make them again in December. Yum
I happened to have a cookie press from my mom I had never tried. This recipe was perfect and easy to use. Thanks
Spritz can be so tricky based on altitude and butter brand to make them perfect from the press. You must be at the same altitude as I am because these were perfect! If anyone else has trouble just tweak the flour or refrigerate your dough for just 10 minutes at a time. This is a fabulous recipe.