One of my favorite christmas cookie recipes my family made was Mexican wedding cakes These white, powedered sugar covered, balls melt in your mouth! I love that snowball cookies have a rich buttery taste with a hint of peanuts to balance out the sugar. Plus these mexican wedding cake cookies are quick and easy to make! Come see our mexican wedding cake recipes and whip up a batch to enjoy this December or January!
Mexican Wedding Cakes
These pretty white snowball cookies make the perfect addition to your Chrsitmas Cookie platters! These bite-size mexican wedding cakes have a yummy buttery taste with a nutty undertone. Here is our family favorite snowball cookie recipe for you to try these mexican wedding cake cookies too. While these are not “new” there are so many different wedding cookies recipe options and it can be overwhelming! This mexican wedding cake recipes is the one my family has used since I was a little girl – my favorite my Dad made. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
All you need to whip up a bath of these cute snow ball cookies are a few common ingredients to probably already have in your kitchen:
- all purpose flour
- powderd sugar
- vanilla extract
- chopped nuts (I use peanuts)
Wedding Cake Cookies
Preheat the oven to 400 F.
I like to use my food processort to make mixing this dough super quick and simple. But if you prefer, you can use a bowl. Mix powdered sugar, softened butter, and vanilla extract thoroughly until creamy.
Now add all purpose flour, salt, and chopped nuts until well combined.
Optional: chill the dough for about 30 minutes.
Mexican Wedding Cake Cookies
Roll the dough in small 1” balls and place on an ungreased sheet. I like to put parchment paper down first to make clean-up a breeze.
NOTE: These cookies will not spread.
Snowball cookie Recipe
Bake 10 minutes or just until set.
While they are still warm, roll the cookies in extra powdered sugar.
Mexican wedding cookies
These cookies are so pretty in between colorful cookies and candy pieces on your Christmas cookie platter.
Wedding cookies recipe
These are also fun to serve in January as yummy snowball cookies!
Don’t overcook or you will dry them out. These will melt in your mouth leaving a yummy powdered sugar taste at the end!
Christmas Cookie Ideas
These were always my favorite cookies my Dad made growing up. They were not too sweet, but bite-size little buttery balls that are oh-so-delicious!
Mexican wedding cake recipes
Mexican Wedding Cake Cookies are on of my favorite christmas cookie recipes! These snowballs are a buttery cookie covered in powdered sugar.
Mexican Wedding Cake Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar plus extra for rolling the cookies in
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts I use Peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. In a bowl mix powdered sugar, softened butter, and vanilla extract thoroughly until creamy. Now add all purpose flour, salt, and chopped nuts until well combined. Optional: chill the dough for about 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough in small 1” balls and place on an ungreased sheet. I like toput parchment paper down first to make clean-up a breeze.NOTE: These cookies will not spread.
- Bake 10 minutes or just until set. While they are still warm, roll the cookies in extra powdered sugar.