One of my favorite candy recipes is homemade carmels! This rich carmel candy is super addictive with its sweet, buttery flavor. I like to make this easy carmel recipe at Christmas time, but really this recipe for carmels is perfect for anytime you want to make a special treat! When we do a lot of holiday baking I run out of room in the oven and stovetop; this microwave carmels is so quick to make without taking up valuable kitchen real estate!
Making carmel candy is super simple and easy to do. All you need are a few simple ingredients, time on the stovetop heat, and a little time to set and you have some delicious, easy homemade carmel pieces to enjoy! Whether you eat all the best homeamde carmels yourself, share them with your family, or add them to a plate of Chrsitmas treats is totally up to you!
All you need to whip up a batch of these yummy carmels in the microwave are a couple simple ingredients:
- brown sugar
- light corn syrup
- sweetened condensed milk can
- vanilla extract
Easy carmel recipe
In medium microwave safe bowl melt 1 cup of butter in the microwave, it will take about 1 minute.
Recipe for carmels
Add 1 pound brown sugar, 1/4 taspoon salt, 1 cup white corn syrup, and 16 oz can sweetend condensed milk. Mix until well combined.
Microwave the mixture on high for 15-16 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. It should be a rich golden brown color is reached. Now add vanilla to the carmel mixutre and stir until well combined.
Easy homemade carmel
Pour the carmels into a buttered 7×12 pan or a pan lined with wax paper. The advantage of using wax paper is you can leave it overhanging the pan and when you are ready just life it up; it makes cutting easy!
Best homemade carmels
Cool until set and then cut into squares. I tend to cut it into 8 rows and 8 columns for 64 carmel candy pieces.
The candy is chewy and holds its shape without being hard to bite.
Carmel candy recipe
Wrap each carmel in waxed paper so they don’t stick to one another.
This process goes pretty quickly and is perfect for sharing these homemade candies!
These are firm, holding their shape beautifully, but soft to bite into. I love how it starts melting in your mouth to a creamy, sweet texture!
Easy candy recipe
These are seriously the best carmel recipe I’ve found. They make rich tasting, perfectly browned bites of goodness!
Store the carmel squares in a glass jar or plastic containter to keep them fresh longer.
The hardest part is not gobbling them all up right away! You couldn’t ask for an easier or more delicious candy recipe!
Easy christmas candy
This rich, buttery carmel candy recipe is not only EASY, but seriously the best! You’ve got to try this homemade treat!
- Beautiful, Light, and Easy Chocolate Cake Roll or these light popcorn topped caramel cupcakes
- Summer Lemonade Cake with blackberries or this rich Peach Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
- Crowd Favorite Snowball Cookies, Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad, Microwave Caramel Popcorn
- Yummy White Chocolate Macademia Cookies or Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes
- Go-to Christmas cookies include Homemade Peanut Brittle Recipe, Peanut Butter Blossoms Cookie Recipe, Melt-in-your-mouth Sugar Cookies, pretty Hidden Snicker Cookies Recipes, Festive Crushed Candy Cane Cookies, Stunning Checkerboard Cookies, Buttery Old Fashioned Spritz Cookies Recipeand these Best Gingerbread Man Recipe for Kids -these cookies stay soft and taste like Christmas
- The BEST Butterscotch Pudding, Apple Carrot Cupcakes with Carmel Filling , or Icebox Summer Strawberrry Cake
- Easy Pecan Bars Recipe, Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe, Ooey, Gooey Pumpkin Lava Cake, Favorite Thanksgivng Desserts – Pumpkin Cake Roll, and Easy Pumpkin Bars with Crumble Topping are the BEST Fall Dessert Recipes
- Delicious Date Bars Recipe, Lemon Blueberry Dessert Bars, Classic Tres Leches Poke Mexican Cake
- Pies: Mom’s EASY Apple Pie from Scratch, Grandpa’s Favorite Cherry Pie Recipe, and Save the leftover crust for these simple, yummy Pie Crust Pinwheel Cookies, or these chocolate nutella cupcakes, peanut butter and jelly cupcakes
- Carmel Apple Filled Hand Pie Dough, Quick Homemade Fudgesicles, or Striped Delight – 4 layered pudding desserts
- YOu’ve got to try this Carmel Chex Mix, Kid favorite Monster Trail Mix Cookies Crazy Good Peanut Butter Bars
- See all of our favorite family recipes here
Recipes EVERYONE Asks For
- Grandma’s Homemade Crescent Rolls, Maple Orange Glazed Christmas Ham Recipe
- Yummy Peanut Butter Bars nutella chocolate cupcakes, or caramel popcorn topped homemade cupcakes
- Easy Black Bean Soup, Leftover Pie Crust Pinwheel Cookies, and Grandpa’s Favorite Homemade Cherry Pie Recipe
- Apple Hand Pie Dough Recipe with Carmel Dipm Must try Sweet Chili Recipe, and delicious spanish rice
- Peach Ice Cream Recipe, favorite Pineapple Cream Cheese Dip, better than Casey’s Taco Pizza Recipe
- Pepperoni Quesadilla Pizza School Lunch, fresh Lemon Blueberry Dessert Recipes, and My Favorite Oriental Coleslaw
- Easy Pumpkin Fall Dessert Recipes, Homemade Carmel Baked Popcorn, Apple and Sausage Early Fall Soup
- Melt-in-Your-Mouth Mexican Wedding Cake Cookies or Holiday Shake Eggnog Recipe
- Seriously the Best Pumpkin Pie Recipe, just like Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Recipe, or PB and Jelly cupcakes
- Best Strawberry Pretzel Salad or Kid favorite Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe Easy
- Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe Easy with streusal and golden marshmallows on top
- Out-of-this-World Lemonade Cake and Broccoli and Cauliflower Thanksgiving Salad Recipes
- Mom’s Loaded Potato Salad Recipe, Impress with this Summer Strawberry Dessert
- Delicious Pineapple Pico de Gallo Chip Salsa or Yummy Pear Beat Goat Cheese Salad
- Our Families GO-TO Traditional Chicken Salad Recipes, Light and Satisfying Ham Pasta Recipes
- See all of our best dessert recipes here
Easy, Homemade Microwave Carmel Candy Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1 pound brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 14 ounces sweetend condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In medium microwave safe bowl melt the butter, it will be about 1 minute. Add brown sugar, salt, corn syrup, and sweetend condensed milk. Mix until well combined. Microwave the mixture on high for 15-16 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Now add vanilla to the carmel mixutre and stir until well combined. Pour the carmels into a buttered 7×12 pan or a pan lined with wax paper. Cool until set and then cut into squares. Wrap each carmel in waxed paper so they don’t stick to one another.