We love making homemade popsicles during the warm summer months to cool off. Makeing popsicles from scratch not only limits the processed, artificial ingredients in our food, but can be a fun summer activity for kids too. Because we LOVE chocolate in our house, we decided to try to make homemade fudgesicles. This fudgesicles recipes uses just 5 common ingredients I bet you already have at home. These diy fudgesicles are easy to make, use real ingredients, and taste amazing!
If you are looking for how to make ice cream chances are you are interested in making delicious treats for your family from scratch.One of my favorite treats are fudgesicles, but I know all the ingredients in commercially available ones aren’t good for me.We figured out how to make homemade fudgesicles and these homemade fudge pops were so good I thought I’d share it with you!
All you need to make chocolate popsicles are 5 simple ingredients you probabaly already have on hand:
- 3 cups milk
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
In a medium saucepan pour 3 cups milk (we use organic, non-homogenized, grass fed whole milk)
Add 3/4 cup honey (we use raw, local honey), 1 cup sugar, or 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
Add 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Homemade fudge pops
Warm over low heat until steam is rising off the top. You want it as low as possible, but it needs to steam to reduce the milk. Steam to 2/3 – 1/2 of it’s original volume (about 15 minutes).
Note: You can add some pureed raspberries to the bottom of the molds for a more decadent fudgesicle!
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- Play with your food using this goldfish counting activity
- After seeing the frogs at the pond, grab this free life cycle of a frog worksheet
- Avoid the summer learning loss by practicing math with these crack the code worksheets
- First Day of Summer Craft
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids
- FUN Ice Cream Place Value Activity fo kindergarten and first graders
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Activity for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Cut and paste sentences with this Sentence Scrambles to make your own Ice Cream Reader for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this suffixes activity
- Color Matching Ice Cream Activity
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages
- Fun and EASY How to Make your own Ice Cream in a Bag
- Try our delicious and EASY homemade vanilla ice cream
- Or whip up some ice cream this winter with this outrageously fun and super YUMMY How to Make Snow Ice Cream
- Practice Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
Looking for more fun ways to learn this summer with popsicle themed activities? You will love these free printables:
- Summer activities for preschoolers making Popsicle Alphabet Puzzles
- Ice Cream Division Puzzles make practicing math FUN
- Popsicle Count to 10 clip cards are a fun, educational Summer Activities for Preschoolers
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Work on Number Sense with these Counting Summer Activity for Preschool Puzzles
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!