Children will have fun seaking in summer math with this free printable”Build an Ice Cream Sundae”place value activity! This place value games online is a fun number sense game for kindergarten, first grade and second graders to work on the ones, tens, and hundreds place. Students will buid their sundae in this place value interactive games by adding ice cream scoops and toppings. Simply print the place value games printable and you are ready to play and learn in your ice cream theme or as an educational ice cream activity for kids!
Place Value Activity
Place value is an early math skill that is essential for your kids to learn and understand. Not having a clear understanding of each numbers value will cause problems in later math exploration, such as addition and subtraction of large numbers. And while this may seem so simple to us, this is actually a very complex concept that requires lots of time, practice and varied approaches. So don’t be discouraged if this is a topic that you have to return to again and again with your kids. Use this Place Value Activity with a fun ice cream printable to sneak in some fun summer learning with FUN place value practice. This place value game includes a place value games printable and a place value workheet to help kids understand the concept of ones, tens, hundreds place value.
Place Value Games Printable
The first thing you will need to do is print the ice cream bowls, scoops and cherries and cut them out. I suggest using a laminator for durability. Then this handy printable set can be pulled out any time you need to review place value!
I put the bowls, ice cream scoops, and cherries on easy to cut out cards, but you could cut out each individual scoop and cherry if you wanted.
After everything is cut out, you’re ready to build an ice cream sundae!
Ice Cream Math
This place value lesson plans 2nd grade set includes 22 ice cream bowl problems with three digit numbers on them.
Give your kids a bowl, then let them “build” the number using the hundreds scoops (vanilla), tens scoops (chocolate) and then a cherry for the ones value.
They can build straight up, or get creative with where they place the scoops. 🙂
Included in this print are 9 hundreds scoops, 9 tens scoops and 9 cherries, allowing kids to build one or two sundaes at a time. If you wanted to allow them to build all the bowls at once, simple print out more of the ice cream scoops and cherries.
Place Value Interactive Games
Another fun way to use this teaching place value 1st grade would be to have your child build all the sundaes (or even just a few) and then compare them.
- Which one is the tallest?
- Is it also the largest number?
For example, if you compare 295 and 408, you would see that 295 makes a taller sundae, but it is a smaller number. Take time to discuss why it is smaller to help them understand the meaning of the tens value and the hundreds value.
Also spend time comparing numbers that have a zero in the tens or ones place. What does that mean for your sundae? What does that mean for the number?
Ones, tens, hundreds place value
And finally, once your kids have explored and built the given sundaes, let them create their own place value lesson plans 1st grade!
Also included in this set are two blank bowls and a recording page.
Place Value Worksheets
Let your kids build whatever kind of sundae they like, then record the total hundreds, tens and ones used on their recording page to calculate the total number they made.
I hope you have fun exploring place value and looking forward to summer with this ice cream sundae printable set! And if you’re looking for more resources to help your kids understand place value and large numbers, check out this post full of ideas!
Ice Cream Activities
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- Kids will go nuts over this edible ice cream sand castle summer snack for kids
- AMAZING, Edible ice cream play doh recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Color Matching Activity for your Ice Cream Theme
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages pdf
- Fun and EASY How to Make ice cream in a bag science experiment worksheet
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!
- Try our delicious and EASY How to make homemade ice cream
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- EPIC Ice Cream Volcano
- Cute I Spy I spy ice cream
- Ice Cream Handprint Craft for toddler and preschool kids
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Bubble Wrap and Puffy Paint Ice Cream craft
- Ice Cream Name Craft with free printable template
- Simple, free printable Ice Cream Coloring Pages
Ice Cream Printables
- Work on tracing letter with these free Alphabet ice cream handwriting paper
- Delicious Alphabet Ice Cream alphabet printable Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Check out these Alphabet Mats for your Ice Cream Theme
- Free printable Alphabet Popsicles matching capital and lowercase letters nad beginning sounds too
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this fun letter tracing
- Match the upper and lowercase letter puzzles in this free ice cream game
- Kids will love building their ABCs with these popsicle stick letters free template
Ice Cream Theme
- Ice Cream Compound Word Puzzles or this other set of ice cream compound words
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this word endings worksheets and activity
- Printable Digraph Activities for first grade scooping Ice Cream
- Cut and paste sentences ice cream worksheets
- Popsicle Rhyme and Dab Summer Literacy Activity for Pre-k and Kindergarten
Ice Cream Worksheets
- Ice Cream Scoop Pattern Activity
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Worksheets
- Count to 10 free printable ice cream counting printable math craft
- Popsicle counting – free printable number sense puzzles
- Number Popsicles – count to 10 clip cards are a fun
- Scoop pom-pom ice cream and count 1-10 with this ice cream counting printable
- Ice Cream Worksheets Preschool – count and trace to ten
- Count to 20 as you build with your free printable ice cream sundae template
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN ice cream pattern printable and activity for kids
- Hands-on Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
- Free Printable Ice Cream Playdough Mats to learn shapes
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Printable Free
Ice Cream Math
Looking for more fun ways to learn this summer with popsicle themed activities? You will love these free printables:
- Free Printable Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Practice adding to 1o with this cute Make 10 Ice Cream Cut and Paste Activity
- Popsicle Division Puzzles with printable popsicle puzzles makes practicing math FUN
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Ice Cream for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Free Printable Place Value Ice Cream Cone
Looking for more outdoor activities for kids and things to do in the summer? Your toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and elementary age kids will love these fun ideas to keep them busy all summer long:
- Marshmallow Shooters – go over 30 feet!
- Lemon Volcano is a fun Summer Experiment for kids of all ages
- 2 ingredient Easy Slime Recipe
- Super Simple Sand Slime
- Lemon Battery Experiment
- Ice Cream Volcano Experiment – Summer Science Activity for Kids
- Sand Volcano – EASY Summer Science Experiment for Kids
- How to Make a Lava Lamp – it’s super EASY!
- Kids will no nuts over this simple Pop Rock Experiment
- Leak Proof Bag – Amazing Science Experiment with Everyday Materials
- Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Easy Button Crafts for Kids
- Handprint Strawberry Craft for Summer
- Grow Your Own Crystals
- Water Balloon Experiment – exploring densit with an EPIC summer activity for kids
- Amazing Bubble Painting
- Mind Blowing Color Changing Playdough
Summer Activities for Kids
- Egg Shell DIY Chia Pet Craft – Silly Spring / Summer Activities for Kids
- Grass Head Craft for Kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Simple Flower Mason Jar Lid Crafts
- Free Beach Worksheets for Kids
- Scented, Watermelon Kool Aid Play Dough Recipe for summer
- Watermelon Volcano Experiment – Summer Activities for Preschoolers
- Chromatography Butterflies – EASY Butterfly Craft for Kids
- Silly Bandaid Art Craft for kids
- Blow GIANT bubbles with this Homemade Bubble Solution
- Outrageously FUN Bubble Painting
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Fireworks Craft
- Beautiful Flower Suncatcher Craft
- 30 Fun June Crafts for Kids
- Kids will be amazed at the l-o-n-g colorful bubble snakes they can make with this easy activity
- Must try Lego Zipline
- Exploding Watermelon Science Experiment
- Homemade Chalk Recipe
- 75+ FUN Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Find activities by month with our June Crafts for kids or our June Activities for Kids!
- 20+ Printable Roadtrip Games
Fun Summer Activities for Kids
- Ice Cream Edible Playdough
- Blood for Kids – Activity to learn about the Human Body
- Whip up a batch of Kool Aid Playdough – it smells amazing!
- EASY, Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint for Kids
- I Spy DIY Bottles are quick, easy and FUN!
- Amazing Tin Foil Art Project for Kids of all Ages
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket Science Experiment for Kids
- Color-Changing Flowers – Capillary Action Science Experiment
- EPIC Mentos and Soda Experiment
- Summer Bucket List Printable with Ice Cream Theme
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Playdough Patterns
- Head to the zoo with this FREE Zoo Scavenger Hunt – lots of choices for all ages!
- Make your favorite animal with one of these 100 animal crafts
- Try one of these fun Animal I Spy Printables
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Magnetic Field Sensory Bottle – exploring magnets with kids
- Create this gorgeous stained glass art for kids
- 107 Epic Summer Activities for Kids
Hundreds Tens and Ones
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.