Make learning about place value: tens and ones simple with these NO PREP, free printable kindergarten math worksheets. Kindergartners will practice adding up tens and ones as they learn about place value in simple two-digit numbers. These place value worksheets are are great print and go math for summer learning, math centers in the classroom, extra practice at home, or homeschoolers. Simply download tens and ones worksheets pdf and you are ready to sneak in some fun practice with tens and ones worksheets.
Place Value: Tens and Ones
Teaching place value can be easy and will provide your child a better understanding of the number system. Place value helps a child throughout the elementary years with addition, subtraction, multiplication, to the decimal system. Your child will easily understand regrouping after learning place value and likely perform better at mental math. Children learn to group items in 10s to make counting a breeze. For example, if you dump a box full of pennies on the floor and then ask your child how to count them as quickly as possible. A child who understands tens and ones will divide the pennies in groups of ten and quickly come to the correct answer.
Tens and Ones Worksheets pdf
Tens and Ones
Print the free Tens and Ones printable. The first page shows a ten base and ones in each problem. Your child is to figure out the number built by the ten base and ones cubes. This helps connect the idea of grouping and place value to numbers.
The second page shows the ten base and one cubes in the first box. The next box inquires how many tens and ones the first box represents. The third box is where your child writes the number represented by the tens base and ones cubes. The final box shows the relationship between the ones and tens columns to determine the number. This helps the child visualize the number system making it easy for her to group, regroup, add, and subtract.
Tens and Ones Worksheets
The final two pages are designed for use for place value practice over and over again. One page is a place value mat that indicates a spot for the tens, ones, and to write how many of each. To determine the number you will use just roll two dice.
The final page has several ten bases and one cubes. Just cut out the ten bases and ones cubes and use those to build the number on the place value mat.
Place Value Games
Looking for more fun place value games to print and play? Try these fun math activities for elementary age students.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly place value games to print
- Ice Cream Place Value Games for Kindergarten and first grade
- St Patricks Day Place Value Games
- Ice Cream place value games to print for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Build a Snowman Place Value Matching
- Pirate Place Value Games
- Snowman Place Value Worksheets
Math Activities for Kindergarten
Looking for more early math activities to make learning to count, add, shapes, and more FUN? Check out these free resources:
- Hoppy Frog Math Game (addition within 10 and addition to 20)
- Goldfish Kindergarten Subtraction Games
- Blowing Bubble Math Worksheets
- Smores Free Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Hands-on Estimation for Kindergarten Activity
- Snowball Sorting Odd and Even Math Activities
- Bug Measuring Kindergarten Worksheets
- Roll to 100 Counting Game
- Flower Shape Kindergarten Math Crafts
- Kids will have fun as they color and learn with these Ordinal Number Worksheets
- Spring Kite Skip Counting Craft
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Engaging, Reusable Kindergarten Math Worksheets pdf
Maths Worksheet for ukg
- Crack the Code Worksheet Pages for Kindergarten and first graders
- Insect Telling Time Puzzle to the hour and half hour
- Free Printable Coin Worksheets – color by coin
- Cute Skip Counting Puzzles – huge pack of free skip counting games
- Fun Hundreds Chart Battleship
- Geoboard Activities
- Watermelon Kindergarten Math Activities
- Months of the Year Activities – learning sequencing with craft sticks
- Tic-Tac-Toe Printable Addition Games
- Dinosaur Theme Kindergaten Math Worksheets
- What Comes Next Kindergarten Math
- Free Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Sandcastle Subtraction Craft – free printable math craft to solve, cut, and paste
Tens Ones Worksheet
Before you download your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.