Build a Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich in this fun, hands-on place value activities. In these place value games children will practice buiding numbers with the ones, tens, hundreds, and thousands place value. Add this cute place value math games to your upcoming place value lessons for a free math printable3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade students will be excited to play. Simply print pdf file with place value game printable and you are ready to have fun with this place value activity!
Place Value Activities
For some reason my daughter just couldn’t seem to figure out the concept of place values. So I figured I could make a fun, hands on place value activities to help her not only figure it out, but master the concept. This Place Value Game was a huge hit in our house! My daughter loved the idea of bulding sandwiches and the concept suddenly clicked. Use this place value game online in your place value lesson plans 3rd grade to make learning FUN. This place value to thousands is perfect for grade 3, grade 4, and grade 5 students. Whether you are a parent, homeschooler or classroom teacher looking to add to math center, a parent looking for extra place value exercises or a peanut butter and jelly theme for National PBJ day on April 2nd or back to school activities. Plus this is great for reinforcing a concept from your child’s homeschool math curriculum, you will love this fun math activity!
Place value Printable
Place value Games
Now print the peanut butter and jelly math in color. Then cut out the label and directions manila folder cover. This makes an easy way to store the activity and an easy reminder of how to play. I recommend you laminate all other pages for durability.
Note: There are two sets. You are probably fine just using sets A or B – it will give you 8 place value sandwiches to make. But in case your child really enjoys the activity / wants extra practice or you have multiple students completing the activity, you can grab them both.
Place Value Lessons
Start out by lining up the place value mats.
- Bread – thousands place
- Grape Jam – hundreds place
- Peanut Butter – tens place
- Bread (smaller piece) – ones place
This helps children to start to visualize how place value works. We just love this place value games 2nd grade or even place value games 4th grade because you can decide to do simpler numbers or larger numbers in the thousands – the choice is yours!
Place Value Math Games
Now, to set-up you place value games for kids, put the coordinating ingredient cards to make your sandwiches on the correct place value mat.
Place Value Activity
Kids will draw a sandwich card. This is the total value of the sandwich. Now to make the sandwiches . . .
Place Value Games Online
Kids will now make their sandwiches by putting the numbers in their correct place values:
- thousands bread followed by a knife to “add” more layers
- grape jam hundreds followed by a knife to “add” more layers
- peanut butter tens followed by a knife to “add” more layers
- small piece of bread ones
Ones tens hundreds thousands
As they complete the place value activites – children will be able to visually see how the numbers stack up and ensure that the place values sandwich was made correctly.
Place Value Exercises
My daughter thought this activity was tons of fun. Plus she quickly figured out what place values were and this translated into her math curriculum.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Activity
Looking for a fun toddler, preschool, prek, and kindergarten age kids to celebrate National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day on April 2nd? You will love these clever ideas:
- 20 Activities and Peanut Butter Crafts to Celebrate National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day
- Puffy Paint Jelly & Peanut Butter Craft
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches Matching Beginning Sounds Activity
- PB & J Preschool Counting Activities
- Clever Place Value Activity featuring kid favorite peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
Place Value Games
Looking for more fun place value games to print and play? Try these fun math activities for elementary age students.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly place value games to print
- Ice Cream Place Value Games for Kindergarten and first grade
- St Patricks Day Place Value Games
- Ice Cream place value games to print for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Build a Snowman Place Value Matching
- Pirate Place Value Games
- Snowman Place Value Worksheets
Don’t miss all our amazing grade 1 worksheets and first grade activities with 300,000+ different ideas to make learning FUN! Or sneak in some seasonal kids activities to make the most of these precious early years!
Have other children you are homeschooling? You will want to check out our pre k worksheets, free printable worksheets for kindergarten and free alphabet printables. Plus find our history for kids and easy science experiments for kids or all our free printable worksheets for kids.
Teaching Place Value
3rd Grade Worksheets
- Free 3rd Grade Math Worksheets with answer keys
- See all our our 3rd grade worksheets and educational activities
- Grade 3 Reading Books pdf list or this printable 3rd grade reading list
- Two Digit Addition Math Game
- Three Digit Addition Math Game
- 2 Digit Subtraction Math Game
- Ice Cream Sundae Place Value Activity
- PB & J Place Value Activity
- Pirate Place Value Game
3rd Grade Math
- Free Printable Skip Counting Charts
- Skip Counting Worksheets
- Hands-on Skip Coutning Puzzles
- Lego Multiplication Flashcards – help kids gain fluency with these free printable flashcards
- Practice Multiplication with Hopscotch – quick to learn and play multiplication math game for 1-2 players
- Home Run Division – kids will get excited about practicing math with this baseball themed division math game for 1-2 players
- Deck of Cards Division -these division worksheets are ever changing making it a wonderful, hands on way for kids to practice math!
- Multiplication Mini book – help kids learn their math facts by making this handy multiplication facts book
- Skip Counting Posters – handy tool to help kids learn to skip count by 1s-12s to make a firm foundation for multiplication and division
- Robot Money Practice – easy, no prep robot themed activty for kids to practice counting money
- Telling Time Puzzles – kids will have fun putting together the puzzle as they practice figuring out what time it is
- Knights Quest Division Math Game – a clever division game with a medieval castle / knight theme!
- Hot Chocolate Math: Multiplication & Division
3rd Grade Language Arts
- FREE Book Report Tempalte 3rd Grade or this simple Book Report Template
- Creative Sandwich Book Report or this fun Pizza Book Report
- Pirate Parts of Speech Worskheets
- Detective Parts of Speech Games Printable
- 20 FUn Punctuation Activities for Kids
- Pumpkin Homophone Activity
- LOTS of FREE Printable Writing Prompts
- Free SPelling Dictionary
- Dictionary Detective Activity with free printable cases with answer keys!
3rd Grade Social Studies
- 4 week lesson about Early Explorers for Kids
- Make a teepee, dig for arrowheads, color our printable books and more in this Native Americans for Kids lessons
- The Colonial America for Kids lesson takes kids on a journey back to the first permanent settlement in America – Jamestown. Students will learn about colonial life with lots of hands on projects like eating Gruel, making a Wattle & Daub house, and creating a tin lantern will make the settlement come alive.
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- Roll into Geography – Printable Geography Games
- Geography Treasure Hunt Activity
- Snap Geography Games for Kids
3rd Grade Science
- Free Scientific Method Worksheet
- Playdough Layers of the Earth activity
- Free Printable Seasons Worksheets w/ Free 4 Season Printables
- EPIC Lego Water Cycle Model for Kids
- Large Printable Weather Unit for kids
- Rain Cloud for Kids experiment and free worksheet
- Water Cycle for Kids Printable Book
- Hibernation preschool activities learning about weather
- Severe Storms for Kids – includes tornado in a bottle, what to do in an emergency, and storm worksheets for kids
- How to Make a Weather Vane – easy weather science project for elementary age students
- Lots of fun ideas for a weather theme this week
- Clever Rain Craft for kids to make
- Simple Air Pressure Experiments for kids
- Recycling Worksheets
- Animal Classification Worksheets
- LOTS of projects to learn about the human body for kids
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Lesson
Place Value PB & J Math Activity
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!