Looking for a fun, clever, and EASY book report idea? You will love these clever, free printable pizza reading comprehension slices. Not only do they help kids summarize what they read, but they are a great way to motivate kids to read and understanding what they’ve read. Fun resource for parents, teachers, and homeschoolers of kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students.
Writing a traditional book report where kids write a paper summarizing what they read including the plot, characters, setting, and what they thought of the book is effective, but BORING! We want to make learning fun so kids will get excited about not only reading a good book, but remembering what they read and creating an effective summary – an important skill they will use throughout their entire life! This pizza reading comprehension printable is such a fun, clever book report printable to make learning FUN for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students at home, in the classroom, or in your homeschool.
This super cute and clever book report idea incorporates various fun book report ideas into one concept – pizza! This is not just for one book report, but rather clever ideas to do 8 book reports over the course of the school year. When they finish, they will have completed their reading pizza.
Book Report Idea
Now, choose to either print the free book report template in color or black and white. The color has tan mushrooms, green peppers, red pepperoni, bacon, pink ham, white onions, red tomatoes, etc. Or let your student decorate their pizza as they read with crayons, markers, and colored pencils. Finally, cut apart the pizza into 8 slices.
Either option you choose, this is a fun way to encourage kids to read .
Book Report Form
Students will read the book of their choice or one from an approved list. I like to use this book report activity to get them to read books I want them to read – across a variety of genres, styles, periods of history, and award winning classic books.
When kid finish reading a book, they will pick a slice of pizza and write on the slide the book title, book author, and date completed on a slice of pizza.
Pizza Reading Comprehension
The reading comprehension part comes in because each slice of pizza lists a different book report activity for kids to complete that will help ensure they have good reading comprehension of the books they read and can easily and accurately summarize what they read. It’s up to you if you let them do multiple of the same kind or one of each.
- Reading Comprehension Bookmarks (free)
- Make a Diorama
- Draw a Comic of the Story
- Oral Book Report
- 1 Page Written Book Report
- Make Book Timeline
- Take a Quiz (google online quizzes for the book title and you’re likely to get lots of free resources)
- Make a Play about the book
- Book Report Sandwich
- Simple Book Report (free printable)
Homeschool Reading Comprehension
Once kids have read 8 books and completed the reading comprehension activities they will complete their pizza!
In our house, I get to pick out these 8 books so they are “better literature” than they may choose on their own. The other books they read are up to them. When they complete their pizza you can have a pizza party, get a date with mom or day, or some other fun surprise!
Book Report Idea
Looking for other ways to help kids work on reading comprehension and summarizing a book they read? Try these free resources:
- Handy Reading Comprehension Bookmarks (any book: fiction or non fiction)
- Book Report Template
- Book Report for Kids
- Pizza Book Report Idea
- Sandwich Book Report Idea
- 26 more clever Book Report Ideas
- Library Scavenger Hunt – help kids learn to navigate a library, the Dewey decimal system, book genres, and so much more with this pack of free printable scavenger hunts for kids!
- Bookshelf Reading Log – to help encourage kids to read!
- 50 Books for Kindergarten Book List – Books for Kindergarteners to read themselves
- Best kindergarten books to read aloud
- 1st grade reading books pdf – 100 Books for 1st Graders to Read Themselves
- 1st grade picture books
- First grade read aloud chapter books
- Top 25 Chapter books for 1st graders
- Best 2nd Grade Reading List
- Read aloud chapter books for 2nd grade
- Homeschool 3rd grade reading list
- 4th Grade Book List
- 5th grade reading book lists
- Historical fiction books for kids
Pizza Activities for Kids
- Pizza Worksheets help early learners practice math and literacy skills
- 2-in-1 free printable Pizza Fractions Games
- Pizza Parlor Sentence Building Games
- Help kids work on reading comprehension with this pizza reading comprehension
- Printable Pizza Fractions Game
- Simple, hands-on Pizza Counting Games
- Homemade Taco Pizza Recipe – yum!
- Homemade Breakfast Pizza – our kids favorite
- Yummy Pizza Quesadilla – quick, easy lunch
Looking for more free printable activities for second graders? You will love these activities:
- LOTS of Free 2nd Grade Worksheets
- Crab Contractions Activity
- 2nd Grade Crossword Puzzles to work on spelling words
- Grab the 2nd grade reading list or check out read alouds for 2nd grade
- Bandaid Contraction Games
- Minion Contraction Games
- Bingo Contraction Games
- Dominoes Contraction Games
- Ice Cream Word Endings Game
- Pirate Parts of Speech Worksheets
- BINGO Digraph Game
- Hamburger Homynm Puzzles
- EPIC Library Scavenger Hunt for learning about different genres of books, book catalog, and so much more
- Dictionary Detective Worksheets and free printable cases for kids
- Pizza Book Report Templates
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Place Value Games 2nd Grade
- Super CUTE, Free Skip Counting Charts – 1s-15s
- Spring Double Digit Addition Game
- NO PREP, Telling Time Worksheets pdf
- Free Clock Mazes – Telling Time Games
- Counting Coins Games – Clip Cards
- Pizza Fraction BINGO
- 2nd Grade Math Worksheets to play Mad Minute
2nd Grade Worksheets
- HUGE Ocean Animals for Kids Unit
- Animals and Hibernation Worksheet
- Endangered Animals Worksheet
- Zoo Field Trip Worksheets
- Free Printable Animal Report Template
- Cut and Paste Animal Classification Worksheet
- Bat Life Cycle Worksheets or see all our life cycle worksheets
- Free Habitat Game for 2nd Grade
- Color Changing Flowers Science Experiment
- Lots of Printables and activities to learn about Countries for Kids
- We have almost 50 individual country studies for kids like this Colombia for Kids
- Fun, hands-on History Lessons for kids
- FREE Printable World Map for Kids
- Over 1+ million pages of Free Printable Worksheets
Download Pizza Reading Comprehension
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!