These free printable pizza reading comprehension slices are a great way to motivate kids to not only read, but to ensure they are remembering and understanding what they’ve read.
Book List Suggestions by Grade
- Making Sense of Reading Levels
- Creating a Reading Nook
- Kindergarten Read by Themselves (arranged by book level)
- 1st Graders to Read Themselves (by book level)
- Top 25 Chapter Book Series for 1st-3rd Grade
- 2nd Grade Reading List
- 3rd Grade Reading List
- 4th Grade Book List
- 5th Grade Reading List
- Historical Fiction for Kids (arranged chronologically)
A fun way to encourage kids to read is with this fun, free printable Pizza Reading Comprehension. Print in color or black and white and then cut apart the pizza into it’s 8 slices.
When kid finish reading a book, they will put the book title, book author, and date completed on a slice of pizza.
The reading comprehension part comes in because each slice of pizza lists a different activity for kids to complete that will help ensure they have good reading comprehension of the books they read. It’s up to you if you let them do multiple of the same kind or one of each.
- Reading Comprehension Bookmarks (free)
- Make a Diorama
- Draw a Comic of the Story
- Oral Book Report
- 1 Page Written Book Report
- Make Book Timeline
- Take a Quiz (google online quizzes for the book title and you’re likely to get lots of free resources)
- Make a Play about the book
- Book Report Sandwich
- Simple Book Report (free printable)
Once kids have read 8 books and completed the reading comprehension activities they will complete their pizza!
In our house, I get to pick out these 8 books so they are “better literature” than they may choose on their own. The other books they read are up to them. When they complete their pizza you can have a pizza party, get a date with mom or day, or some other fun surprise!
Download Pizza Reading Comprehension
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!