Looking for a fun, clever, and EASY book report idea? You will love these clever, free printable pizza reading comprehension slices. Not only do they help kids summarize what they read, but they are a great way to motivate kids to read and understanding what they’ve read. Fun resource for parents, teachers, and homeschoolers of kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students.
Writing a traditional book report where kids write a paper summarizing what they read including the plot, characters, setting, and what they thought of the book is effective, but BORING! We want to make learning fun so kids will get excited about not only reading a good book, but remembering what they read and creating an effective summary – an important skill they will use throughout their entire life! This pizza reading comprehension printable is such a fun, clever book report printable to make learning FUN for kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students at home, in the classroom, or in your homeschool.
This super cute and clever book report idea incorporates various fun book report ideas into one concept – pizza! This is not just for one book report, but rather clever ideas to do 8 book reports over the course of the school year. When they finish, they will have completed their reading pizza.
Book Report Idea
Now, choose to either print the free book report template in color or black and white. The color has tan mushrooms, green peppers, red pepperoni, bacon, pink ham, white onions, red tomatoes, etc. Or let your student decorate their pizza as they read with crayons, markers, and colored pencils. Finally, cut apart the pizza into 8 slices.
Either option you choose, this is a fun way to encourage kids to read .
Book Report Form
Students will read the book of their choice or one from an approved list. I like to use this book report activity to get them to read books I want them to read – across a variety of genres, styles, periods of history, and award winning classic books.
When kid finish reading a book, they will pick a slice of pizza and write on the slide the book title, book author, and date completed on a slice of pizza.
Pizza Reading Comprehension
The reading comprehension part comes in because each slice of pizza lists a different book report activity for kids to complete that will help ensure they have good reading comprehension of the books they read and can easily and accurately summarize what they read. It’s up to you if you let them do multiple of the same kind or one of each.
- Reading Comprehension Bookmarks (free)
- Make a Diorama
- Draw a Comic of the Story
- Oral Book Report
- 1 Page Written Book Report
- Make Book Timeline
- Take a Quiz (google online quizzes for the book title and you’re likely to get lots of free resources)
- Make a Play about the book
- Book Report Sandwich
- Simple Book Report (free printable)
Homeschool Reading Comprehension
Once kids have read 8 books and completed the reading comprehension activities they will complete their pizza!
In our house, I get to pick out these 8 books so they are “better literature” than they may choose on their own. The other books they read are up to them. When they complete their pizza you can have a pizza party, get a date with mom or day, or some other fun surprise!
Pizza Activities for Kids
- Pizza Worksheets help early learners practice math and literacy skills
- 2-in-1 free printable Pizza Fractions Games
- Pizza Parlor Sentence Building Games
- Help kids work on reading comprehension with this pizza reading comprehension
- Printable Pizza Fractions Game
- Simple, hands-on Pizza Counting Games
- Homemade Taco Pizza Recipe – yum!
- Homemade Breakfast Pizza – our kids favorite
- Yummy Pizza Quesadilla – quick, easy lunch
Book recommendations for Kids
- Tons of books for preschoolers
- Must Read Kindergarten Reading Books pdf free, free Kindergarten Reading Level Book List, Favorite Read Aloud Books for Kindergarten
- 100 Books for 1st Graders to Read by Themselves – Level 1 Reading Books pdf free, Fun-to-Read First Grade Picture Books, First Grade Read Aloud Chapter Books
- Chapter Books for 1st Graders, 2nd Graders, and 3rd Graders – favorite series to keep kids reading!
- Best Read Aloud Chapter Books for 2nd Grade, Check out these 2nd Grade Reading Books pdf free
- Handy Grade 3 Reading Books pdf FREE
- Free 4th Grade Reading List pdf
- Printable Grade 5 Reading books pdf
- Exciting Historical Fiction Books for Kids and 25 Exciting Historical Fiction Books for 4th Graders
- Alphabet Books for Children, Transportation Books for Kids, Space Books for Kids that are out-of-this-world
- Funny Picture Books for kids of all ages, Sweet Picture Books about Family, Fun Zoo Books for Kids
- Books about community helpers, Beautiful Animal Books for Preschoolers, Preschool Color Books
- Creepy, Crawly Bug Books for Preschool kids, Rhyming Books for Kindergarten
- See all of our popular kids books to read
- Handy, Reading Comprehension bookmarks (any book: fiction or non fiction)
- Free Book Report Template for elementary age students or Book Report Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Simple, one page Book Report Templates to ensure kids are understanding the main charaters, setting, and idea of what they are reading
- Super cute Pizza Book Report Idea with Free printable template or sandwich book report freebie
- Free 3rd Grade Book Report template choices
- 26 more clever Book Report Ideas, Ralph Waldo Poetry Worksheets
- See if kids remember the moral of the story with these FREE Aesop Fables Worksheets pdf
- This Library Scavenger Hunt helps kids learn to navigate a library or this Reading Scavenger Hunt
- Bookshelf Reading Log printable – to help encourage kids to read!
- How to teach elementary age students to write a Ralph Waldo Poetry Worksheets
- Free Parts of a Book Worksheet or these parts of a book for kids coloring pages that use playdough
- Plus, grab these super cute, free printable Star Wars bookmarks for kids!
Pizza Reading Comprehension
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.