Book reports are a great way for kids to recall what they’ve read, help with reading comprehension, and improve writing too. But not all kids enjoy filling out book report forms. Here are 26 creative, fun, and unique book report ideas. So if you are looking to make book reports more fun, you will love these clever creative book report ideas for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students. Which book report projects will you try first?
Book Report Ideas
Book Reports are a great tool for helping kids learn how to summarize what they’ve read in a complete and concise manner. It helps them look for details like setting, characters, plot, and more. Plus they learn to list supporting reasons for what they like or didn’t like about the book. But let’s be honest, book report forms can get tedious and downright boring for students. These fun book report ideas allow kids to express creativity, plan their project, and work on visual presentations too. Use these creative book report ideas with kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students.
Whether you are a parent working on improving your child’s reading skills, a classroom teacher getting ready for back to school, or a homeschooler – we’ve got a book report project ideas for everyone!
Book project ideas
From dioramas to book jacket designs, book report t shirts to cereal box presentations, and posters to letters to authors – we have so many book report ideas for 3rd grade! These ideas are great for book report ideas for 5th grade and elementary age students.
- Make a diorama – these still my children’s favorite
- Create a book jacket – different than the original
- Kids will love making these book report t-shirts
- Present an oral book report – dress up as your favorite character
- Try creative cereal box book reports
- Make a poster – pretend your book is going to be made into a movie
- Write the author a letter – state why or why not you liked the book
- Illustrate and design a comic book
- Why not make a tasty book report (love the cake book report)
Creative book report ideas
Check out the clever book report mobile, timeline idea, magazine ad, game board, book report project or even a book report crossword puzzle – there are so many unique 3rd grade book report ideas! Pick a 4th grade book report ideas for the whole class to try or let everyone do their own unique projects based on their interests.
- Make a mobile – create your favorite scene
- Create a timeline – include the important topics
- Create a magazine ad for the book
- Make a board game
- Put together a Power Point Presentation
- Write a letter to a friend informing them why they should read the book
- Make a bookmark of your favorite chapter
- Make a crossword puzzle – let someone who’s read the book work the puzzle
- Make a memory game – use index card with vocabulary words
- Outline your favorite chapter
Book report project ideas
We have even more creative book reports from 4d trioramas to pizza book reports, book report flaps to lapbooks, sandwich book reports and more! Which ones of these 5th grade book report ideas is your favorite?
- Kids will love making these 4D Trioramas
- Interview someone who lived in the time of the setting or has experienced the plot
- Book report flaps would be a fun way for kids to recall the book events in order
- Make a True or False quiz – have someone take the quiz who has read the book
- Make a lapbook – use these templates
- Create a Poem
- Reading Comprehension Bookmarks (any book: fiction or non fiction)
- Pizza Book Report Idea
- Sandwich Book Report Idea
Book recommendations for Kids
- Tons of books for preschoolers
- Must Read Kindergarten Reading Books pdf free, free Kindergarten Reading Level Book List, Favorite Read Aloud Books for Kindergarten
- 100 Books for 1st Graders to Read by Themselves – Level 1 Reading Books pdf free, Fun-to-Read First Grade Picture Books, First Grade Read Aloud Chapter Books
- Chapter Books for 1st Graders, 2nd Graders, and 3rd Graders – favorite series to keep kids reading!
- Best Read Aloud Chapter Books for 2nd Grade, Check out these 2nd Grade Reading Books pdf free
- Handy Grade 3 Reading Books pdf FREE
- Free 4th Grade Reading List pdf
- Printable Grade 5 Reading books pdf
- Exciting Historical Fiction Books for Kids and 25 Exciting Historical Fiction Books for 4th Graders
- Alphabet Books for Children, Transportation Books for Kids, Space Books for Kids that are out-of-this-world
- Funny Picture Books for kids of all ages, Sweet Picture Books about Family, Fun Zoo Books for Kids
- Books about community helpers, Beautiful Animal Books for Preschoolers, Preschool Color Books
- Creepy, Crawly Bug Books for Preschool kids, Rhyming Books for Kindergarten, fun-to read fall books for kids, and Preschool emotion books for learning to understand feelings
- See all of our popular kids books to read
- Handy, Reading Comprehension bookmarks (any book: fiction or non fiction)
- Free Book Report Template for elementary age students or Book Report Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Simple, one page Book Report Templates to ensure kids are understanding the main charaters, setting, and idea of what they are reading
- Super cute Pizza Book Report Idea with Free printable template or sandwich book report freebie
- Free 3rd Grade Book Report template choices
- 26 more clever Book Report Ideas, Ralph Waldo Poetry Worksheets
- See if kids remember the moral of the story with these FREE Aesop Fables Worksheets pdf
- This Library Scavenger Hunt helps kids learn to navigate a library or this Reading Scavenger Hunt
- Bookshelf Reading Log printable – to help encourage kids to read!
- How to teach elementary age students to write a Ralph Waldo Poetry Worksheets
- Free Parts of a Book Worksheet or these parts of a book for kids coloring pages that use playdough
- Plus, grab these super cute, free printable Star Wars bookmarks for kids!
Looking for more great content? We have over 1 million free printable worksheets conveniently arranged by subject or grade: super cute Pre k Worksheets, fun kindergarten worksheets, free 1st grade worksheets, handy 2nd grade worksheets, printable 3rd grade worksheets, and 4th grade worksheets
- Help kids learn their ABCs and work on letter recognition with these super cute A to Z Worksheet pages
- Over 2000 pages of free alphabet printables to find exactly what you are looking for!
- Huge pack of solar system worksheets
- Free Printable Alphabet Worksheets and months of the year worksheets
- FREE Maps for kids including printable world map for kids, continent maps, and country maps too
- Handy Sight Words Printable list plus lots of sight word games, activities, and worksheets too!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- Make learning fun with these free cut and paste worksheets
- Practice math with these fun, free printable Crack the Code Worksheet
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- 3 Digit addition worksheets
- Teach kids about 30 Life Cycles for Kids with free worksheets and fun activities
- Color Worksheets for Preschool
- Free printable sh worksheets
- Spanish Worksheets Learning Greetings
- Tracing Numbers 1-30 Worksheets
- Hungry Caterpillar Numbers 1-10 printable
- Super Cute Parts of a Book Worksheets
- Rhyming Words Worksheets
- Sentence Scramble Worksheet
- Fill in the Missing Number Worksheets 1-100
- Free Continents and Oceans Worksheet pdf
- Types of Rocks Worksheets including the rock cycle
- Color by Code Converting Decimals to Fractions Worksheets
- Using a Ruler Measurement Worksheets
- Learning Place Value with Hundreds, Tens and Ones Worksheets pdf
Looking for more fun, creative ways you can begin your free homeschool? We have over 1,000,000 pages of FREE Printable Worksheets including resources for: pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets, 1st grade worksheets, 2nd grade worksheets, 3rd grade worksheets, 4th grade worksheets, 5th grade worksheets, 6th grade worksheets, and more. Plus see our history lessons for kids, printable math games, language arts worksheets, sight word worksheets, free alphabet printables, and cvc word activities for kids of all ages!