Help students learn to give a good summary of a book with this book report templates. This free printable book report form is a great resource for parents, teachers, and homeschoolers to help students work on recalling what they’ve read, remembering the important parts, while working on writign skills too. This handy reading report template is perfect for first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th graders too. Simply print free book report template and you are ready to review your latest story!
Book Report Template
Free book report template
Why Book Reports?
Book Report Printable
Reading report template
We’ve been using my in depth book report I shared last year. But I decided we need some shorter to the point book reports that my kids could easily use more often as they were shorter and to the point. I find book reports do such a good job of helping them retain what they read, process what they read, and practice writing.
This book report form is great for Kindergarten, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students.
Book report template 5th grade
I’ve found that students can be intimidated by both a blank sheet of paper when asked to write a summary and by mult-page 5th grade book report template. The idea behind this printable book report template is that it is simple. THere is only 1 page with just the bare necessities to not overhwhelm students and have them dread fillign out the book report or grow to dislike reading1
Book report template 4th grade
There are two different styles of lines in the 4th grade book report template free file to accommodate both younger elementary and middle school students. Both styles of the free book report include the following:
- Child’s Name
- Date book report written
- Book Title
- Book Author
- Rating – how good does your student thing the book was on a scale of 1-5 stars
- Genre – was it a biography, mystery, science fiction, poetry, nonfiction
- Plot – what is the main gist of the story
- Setting – where did the story take place (country, city, time period)
- Favorite Character – who did your child identify with most and why
- What is your students favorite part of the story and why?
- Draw or describer your favorite scene from the book
Book report for kids
Looking for other ways to help kids work on reading comprehension and summarizing a book they read? Try these free resources:
- Handy, book report template in the form of a bookmark (any book: fiction or non fiction)
- Free Printable Book Report Template for elementary age kids, works with any books
- Simple, one page Book Report Templates to ensure kids are understanding the main charaters, setting, and idea of what they are reading
- Super cute Pizza Book Report Idea with Free printable template!
- Book Report Template 3rd Grade and other elementary age kids – lots of free printable choices!
- Printable Sandwich Book Report allow kids to recall the main point, climax, characters, setting, and more in each delicious layer
- 26 more clever Book Report Ideas
- See if kids remember the moral of the story with these FREE Aesop Fables Worksheets
- While not book report, this Library Scavenger Hunt helps kids learn to navigate a library, the Dewey decimal system, book genres, and so much more with this pack of free printable scavenger hunts for kids!
- Bookshelf Reading Log printable pdf – to help encourage kids to read!
First of all, whether you stock up on books at your local library, have a robust home library, or not. You can still order books and have them conveninetly shipped to your house from Amazon. Wondering what should I read – we’ve got tons of great book recommendations for you! Click on the list you want to read and then you can conveninetly order from Amazon or print a book list to take to the library.
- 50 Books for Kindergarten Book List – books for Kindergarteners to read themselves
- Best Read aloud books for kindergarten
- 1st grade reading books pdf – 100 Books for 1st Graders to Read Themselves
- 20+ Fantastic First grade read alouds picture books
- Best First grade read aloud chapter books
- Top 25 Chapter books for 1st graders, 2nd graders, and 3rd graders
- Best 2nd Grade Reading List
- 2nd grade reading books pdf
- Printable 3rd grade reading list
- 4th Grade Reading List
- 5th grade reading List
- Historical fiction for kids (arranged by time period)
- 25 Exciting Historical Fiction Books for 4th Graders
3rd grade book report template
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
Leave a Reply