Help students learn to give a good summary of a book with this book report templates. This free printable book report form is a great resource for parents, teachers, and homeschoolers to help students work on recalling what they’ve read, remembering the important parts, while working on writign skills too. This handy reading report template is perfect for first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th graders too. Simply print free book report template and you are ready to review your latest story!
Book Report Template
Free book report template
Why Book Reports?
Book Report Printable
Reading report template
We’ve been using my in depth book report I shared last year. But I decided we need some shorter to the point book reports that my kids could easily use more often as they were shorter and to the point. I find book reports do such a good job of helping them retain what they read, process what they read, and practice writing.
This book report form is great for Kindergarten, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 students.
Book report template 5th grade
I’ve found that students can be intimidated by both a blank sheet of paper when asked to write a summary and by mult-page 5th grade book report template. The idea behind this printable book report template is that it is simple. THere is only 1 page with just the bare necessities to not overhwhelm students and have them dread fillign out the book report or grow to dislike reading1
Book report template 4th grade
There are two different styles of lines in the 4th grade book report template free file to accommodate both younger elementary and middle school students. Both styles of the free book report include the following:
- Child’s Name
- Date book report written
- Book Title
- Book Author
- Rating – how good does your student thing the book was on a scale of 1-5 stars
- Genre – was it a biography, mystery, science fiction, poetry, nonfiction
- Plot – what is the main gist of the story
- Setting – where did the story take place (country, city, time period)
- Favorite Character – who did your child identify with most and why
- What is your students favorite part of the story and why?
- Draw or describer your favorite scene from the book
Book recommendations for Kids
- Tons of books for preschoolers
- Must Read Kindergarten Reading Books pdf free, free Kindergarten Reading Level Book List, Favorite Read Aloud Books for Kindergarten
- 100 Books for 1st Graders to Read by Themselves – Level 1 Reading Books pdf free, Fun-to-Read First Grade Picture Books, First Grade Read Aloud Chapter Books
- Chapter Books for 1st Graders, 2nd Graders, and 3rd Graders – favorite series to keep kids reading!
- Best Read Aloud Chapter Books for 2nd Grade, Check out these 2nd Grade Reading Books pdf free
- Handy Grade 3 Reading Books pdf FREE
- Free 4th Grade Reading List pdf
- Printable Grade 5 Reading books pdf
- Exciting Historical Fiction Books for Kids and 25 Exciting Historical Fiction Books for 4th Graders
- Alphabet Books for Children, Transportation Books for Kids, Space Books for Kids that are out-of-this-world
- Funny Picture Books for kids of all ages, Sweet Picture Books about Family, Fun Zoo Books for Kids
- Books about community helpers, Beautiful Animal Books for Preschoolers, Preschool Color Books
- Creepy, Crawly Bug Books for Preschool kids, Rhyming Books for Kindergarten
- See all of our popular kids books to read
- Handy, Reading Comprehension bookmarks (any book: fiction or non fiction)
- Free Book Report Template for elementary age students or Book Report Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Simple, one page Book Report Templates to ensure kids are understanding the main charaters, setting, and idea of what they are reading
- Super cute Pizza Book Report Idea with Free printable template or sandwich book report freebie
- Free 3rd Grade Book Report template choices
- 26 more clever Book Report Ideas, Ralph Waldo Poetry Worksheets
- See if kids remember the moral of the story with these FREE Aesop Fables Worksheets pdf
- This Library Scavenger Hunt helps kids learn to navigate a library or this Reading Scavenger Hunt
- Bookshelf Reading Log printable – to help encourage kids to read!
- How to teach elementary age students to write a Ralph Waldo Poetry Worksheets
- Free Parts of a Book Worksheet or these parts of a book for kids coloring pages that use playdough
- Plus, grab these super cute, free printable Star Wars bookmarks for kids!
3rd grade book report template
Before you grab your free pack you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
Thank you, something to keep the kids going throughout the summer
I like the worksheet! It will help my students in organizing their reading and improve their writing skills.
The book report forms look amazing. Thanks for the freebies!