Do you have a budding astronaut, or rocket scientist? Or perhaps your kids are interested in astronomy? Kids of all ages will love this this fascinating week-long space theme! Choose from the best books about space, select some educational space activities, try some space art projects, fun space math worksheets and activities to enjoy a fun week exploring the universe, the solar system, planets, and stars. These fun outher space theme ideas are perfect for learning with your kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th graders. There are so many space ideas for kids on this list to make learning all about space super fun!
Kids are naturally curious about what is in our universe other than our planet! From the many beautiful stars to our sun, planets and comets, plus so much more! There are lots of great ideas on this list for a week full of space activities that are perfect for a space theme in the classroom, with your homeschooling group or at home with your own kids. Use these space books, clever space crafts, free space printables, hands-on space math, and out-of-this-world space experiments. We have so many fun space activities for preshoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, and grade 5 students.
There are lots of great ways to use these space themed books with your kids. You could read a different book each day of your space theme, or read your favorite space books every day of the week! Grab one, or all, of these excellent books to study space with your kids.
- Ultimate Explorer Field Guide: Night Sky
This non-fiction book is full of great photos and will encourage kids to look up to spot stars and planets right from their own backyards.
- A Child’s Introduction to the Night Sky
This fun book includes the history of space exploration, the story of our solar system, the myths behind the constellations, and how to navigate the night sky.
- Astronomy Lab for Kids
Explore the wonders of the universe through these hands-on, fun, activities that use items you probably already have at home.
- There’s No Place Like Space
The Cat in the Hat will teach you all about space in this fun non-fiction book.
- Little Kids First Big Book of Space
This National Geographic book full of colorful images will introduce young children to the wonders of space.
- On the Launch Pad
This is a fun counting book all about rockets!
- The Pop-Up Guide: Space
Learn about space with this book full of cool 3D multi layered pop up scenes!
- My First Book of Planets
Explore the entire solar system with this book full of great illustrations and lots of information.
These great space theme ideas to learn literacy while learning language arts lots of fun! Try one of these fun space language arts activities with your kids.
- Outer Space Color by Letter Worksheets from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Work on letter recognition with these fun outer space worksheets.
- Space Travel and Communication Worksheets from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
This free printable pack is filled with lots of ways for kindergartners to learn math, literacy, and more with a fun space theme!
- All About Space Word Search from Artsy Momma.
This free printable is great for elementary-aged kids who love all things outer space
- Constellation Lacing Cards from The Gingerbread House.
Have fun learning about constellations and practicing fine motor skills
- Moon Journal Printable from Buggy and Buddy.
Record nightly observations of the moon with this free printable journal.
- Space Theme Writing Prompts from The Wise Owl Factory.
This printable will help students develop stories with a space theme.
- Astronauts and Space Shuttle Printable Workbook from My Homebased Life.
Learn all about astronauts and space shuttles with this information printable pack.
- Learning About Planets Printable Workbook from My Homebased Life.
Learn all about the planets with this great printable pack.
- Solar System Printable Pack from More than a Homeschool Mom.
Have fun learning and writing about planets with this printable set.
- Astronaut Coloring Pages from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Learn to read these astronaut words while you have fun coloring.
- Free Printable Outer Space Jokes from Artsy Fartsy Mama.
Practice reading skills while you giggle at these space themed jokes.
- Moon Themed Worksheets from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Learn about moon phases while practicing alphabet letters and math at the same time!
- Rhyming Planet and Star Matching Game from 3 Dinosaurs.
Match rhyming words with this fun space themed game.
- Constellation Printables Mini Book from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Print and make this mini book to read all about constellations.
- Space Name Craft from Preschool Play and Learn.
This name rocket craft is a fun way for preschools to practice writing their name.
- Outer Space ABC Search and Find from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
This clever abc activity includes free printable space themed alphabet worksheets and a fun sensory bottle.
- Outer Space printable 3 part cards from The Natural Homeschooler.
Learn new space themed vocabulary with these printable 3 part cards.
These awesome space themed math worksheets and activities are perfect for making learning fun!
- Solar System Learning Pack! from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
There are lots of great math activities in this free printable pack.
- Shape Flashlight Constellations Activity from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Explore shapes with this clever and fun flashlight activity.
- Solar system Printable Worksheets from Fun with Mama.
Have fun with the space themed numeracy activities in this pack.
- Space Themed Math Challenge from The Homeschool Scientist.
These space themed printables are great for teaching problem solving and algebraic thinking.
- Skip Counting Constellations Activity from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Learn about constellations while also practicing counting by 2s, counting by 5s, and by 10s too!
- Space Decimals, Fractions and Percents Worksheets from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Help kids learn to change numbers between decimal, fraction, and percents with these free printable worksheets.
- Space Play Dough Math Mats from PreKinders.
Aspiring astronauts cab practice counting while playing with play dough
- Space Ten Frame Counting Mats from Preschool Inspirations.
These space themed counting mats are perfect for helping preschoolers learn to count.
- Space Roll and Cover Games from Homeschool Share
Practice addition and subtraction with this set of Space Roll and Cover Games.
- Solar System Subtraction Activity from Life Over Cs
This free printable solar system activity is a great way to teach subtraction.
- Planet & Spaceship Place Value Sorting from 3 Dinosaurs.
Learn about place value of numbers with this free sorting planets and spaceships printable activity.
- Outer Space Pattern Block Mats from The STEM Laboratory.
Kids of all ages will love these space themed pattern block mats.
- Space Color By Number from Preschool Play and Learn.
Use these space color by number to work on number recognition.
- Rocket ship Number Recognition Board Game from Kindergarten Worksheets and Games.
Work on learning the numbers from eleven to twenty while playing this space themed printable board game.
- Space Counting Game from Living Life and Learning.
Your kids will love playing this fun space themed counting game.
Kids of all ages will love trying some of these space art projects and ideas. There are lots of fun space art activities and lots of cool space crafts to try with your kids.
- Paint Stick Solar System Project from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This easy craft is perfect for learning the name of the planets in order.
- DIY Space Telescope from My Homebased Life.
Your kids will love making this fun space craft.
- Yarn Solar System Project from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Make your own hanging solar system from yarn!
- Mini Galaxy Jar from Printable Crush.
This fun craft also comes with printable labels to make this the perfect kid-made gift idea.
- DIY Large Cardboard Space Shuttle from Mama Smiles.
Turn a cardboard box into a space shuttle with this fun craft.
- Outer Space Kids Jewelry from Pink Stripey Socks.
Your kids will love making this planet jewellery and you’ll look super cool wearing it!
- Pom Pom Printed Moon from Crafts on Sea.
This moon craft is really easy to set up and lots of fun!
- Cardboard Space Shuttle Craft from Pink Stripey Socks.
Grab the free template and make this cool little space shuttle.
- Egg Carton Galaxy Craft for Preschoolers from Little Worlds Big Adventures.
Who, or what, will be floating around your little homemade galaxy?
- Outer Space Craft from non-Toy Gifts.
I love the little painted astronauts that go along with this fun rocket craft.
- Paper Plate Solar System Spiral from JDaniel4’s Mom.
This space spiral will look great hung around your home or classroom.
- Puffy Planets Space Craft from Thimble and Twig.
This messy art activity goes perfectly with a book about the solar system.
- Rocket Ship Craft from Homeschool Preschool.
Make these cool 3D paper rocket ships.
- Making Woolly Bug Aliens from Thimble and Twig.
Have fun creating these cute little aliens!
- Salt Dough Heart Solar System Project from STEAMsational.
Show how you love space with this heart shaped solar system mobile.
- Pointillism Earth Art Project from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Whether you are learning about famous artists like Seurat or just looking for a unique earth craft, you’ll love this art project.
- Paper Plate Space Craft from Messy Little Monster.
Use the template provided to make this fun space craft.
- Melted Pony Bead Solar System Mobile from STEAMsational.
Make this solar system sun catcher to hang in your window.
- Space Rocks from Mother Natured.
Grab some rocks and paint them with your favorite space themed images.
- Earth Suncatcher Craft from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This tissue paper sun catcher craft is perfect for Earth Day or for a space learning theme.
- Coffee Filter Planet Craft from Fun a Day.
Everyone will love super cool space craft activity.
- Watercolour Planets from Rainy Day Mum.
Paint some gorgeous watercolor planets to hang up on your wall.
- 3D Moon Craft from Fantastic Fun and Learning.
Have making this 3D textured moon in a starry night sky.
- Constillation Luminary Craft from Red Ted Art.
Make this gorgeous luminary to help your kids learn these five common constellations.
Learn all about space with these super cool space science experiments and activities.
- Fizzing Planets Solar System Project from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This Fizzy solar system planets project is quick and easy, and it has a fun twist that everyone will love!
- Playdough Earth Layers from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
Your kids are going to love learning about the Layers of the Earth with this fun playdough activity.
- Sun Solar System Lesson from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Learn all about the sun with this amazing, hands-on, solar system science lesson.
- Moon Unit for Kids from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Learn all about the moon with these fabulous, hands-on, moon learning activities
- Moon Phases Mini Book from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This phases of the moon printable folds into a handy mini book!
- M is for Moon Theme from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
If you have pre-k and kindergarten age children try this simple moon themed learning unit.
- Pipe Cleaner Constellations from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
This hands-on STEM activity will help your kids learn about constellations.
- Constellations Printable Wheel from Preschool Play and Learn.
Spin the wheel and learn all about constellations!
- Free Solar System Worksheets from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Learn about plants, moon phases, astronomy vocabulary, and more with this printable space pack!
- Stars for Kids Lesson Plan from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Learn all about stars, Pluto, comets, and the asteroid belt with this great space themed lesson plan.
- Free Printable Planet Book from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Your kids will love this fun, pocket size planets printable.
- Marshmallow Star Constellations for Kids from Edventures With Kids.
Learn about the stars with these fun edible constellations!
- Moon Phases Learning Craft for Kids from My Homebased Life.
This is a great, hands-on activity to learn about the phases of the moon.
- Swirling Galaxy Science Project fro 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Kids of all ages can try this simple swirling galaxy experiment.
- Galaxy Sugar Crystal Science Experiment from STEAMSational.
Make an edible crystal galaxy in a jar!
- Constellations Magnet Activity for Kids fro Lalymom.
Create constellations with this fun magnetic star activity
- Free Constellations for Kids Cootie Catcher from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Kids will have loads of fun learning about different star formations and their names with this easy-to-make Constellations printable.
- Free Printable Constellation Flashcards from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
These constellation cards are ready to print, play, and learn all about stars
- 3D Phases of the Moon from Edventures With Kids.
Enjoy learning about the moon’s phases with this hands-on moon activity for kids!
- Solar System Inner Planets Worksheets and Activities from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Learn all about the inner planets of the solar system including Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars
- Solar System Outer Planets Worksheets and Activities from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Continue exploring and learning about the other planets, including Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.
- Make Constellations Using DIY Magnetic LED Lights from Buggy and Buddy.
This star science activity for kids is perfect to do at home or in the classroom.
- Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Experiment with powering your own space rocket with vinegar and baking soda.
- Balloon Rocket Experiment from Preschool Play and Learn.
This is another great space rocket power experiment to try.
Space Activities for Preschoolers
Try some of these space social studies activities, or some space themed sensory play, or pick one of these awesome space activities for kids just for fun!
- Solar System Coloring Pages from 123 Homeschool 4 Me.
Learn about the planets while colouring these fun free printables.
- Outer Space Discovery Bottles from Artsy Momma.
Explore your senses with these space themed sensory bottles.
- Space Playdough from Picklebums.
Use this easy recipe to make space playdough and set up a space themed playdough invitation to play.
- Galaxy Slime from Mess for Less.
Everyone will love making this super cool galaxy slime!
- Moon and Space Sensory Bin from Fun with Mama.
Use this easy cloud dough recipe as a base for this fun space themed sensory bin.
- Plaents Board Game from Inspiration Laboratories.
Make this fun DIY planet board game to play with your kids.
- Do a Dot Space Printables from 123 Homeschool 4 Me
Grab your bingo daubers for this super cute free printable fine motor activity.
- Galaxy Oobleck from STEAMsational.
Everyone will love making and playing with this fun galaxy oobleck.
- Solar System Sensory Bin from The Chaos and the Clutter.
Your kids will have so much fun playing with this glow in the dark space sensory bin.
- Space Theme Sensory Bin from Rainy Day Mum.
This space themed sensory bin is easy to set up for hours of play.
- Astronaut Fine Motor Training from Stir The Wonder.
Work on those fine motor skills and see if you have what it takes to be an astronaut!
- Astronaut School Dramatic Play from Play to Learn Preschool.
Everyone will love this amazing space themed dramatic play set up.
- Calming Galaxy Jar from Natural Beach Living.
Make a swirling sensory galaxy in a jar for a great calming activity.
- Plus don’t forget to head outside one night to observe the stars!
If you still haven’t got enough space themed ideas, check out these extra options for even more space theme ideas and fun for kids!
- More than 25 Creative Space for Kids Projects
- 24 Moon Crafts and Activities
- Outer Space Theme for Preschool
- 24 EPIC Solar System Project Ideas for kids
- Solar System Science for Kids
Whether you use these themed learning ideas for your lower elementary age students or as preschool weekly themes, we’ve got lots of fun themed eductational activities to make your lesson plan:
- Explore the fascinating world of insects in this bugs themes
- Head out to the great outdoors without leaving your homes with this fun camping themes
- Teach kids about community helpers with these fun math, literacy, and community helpers crafts and activities
- Ready for some prehistoric fun learning in this dinosaur themes
- Explore the season of autumn with these fun fall unit study
- Old McDonald had a farm EIEIO; kids will have fun learning about farm animals and tasks with this farm theme
- Kids will bloom with knowledge as they learn valuable skills and create projects in this flower theme
- Just because it’s summer doesn’t mean you can’t sneak in some learning with this fun, engaging 4th of july theme
- This September, you’ve got to try these fun apple themed activities for Johnny Appleseed Day Activities
- Dive in and learn about animals under the sea with this oceans theme
- For a week that’s out of this world, check out the ideas in this space theme
- Get ready for St Patty’s day in March with these creative St Patrick’s Day Theme
- Learn about the pilgrims in this creative Thanksgiving Unit Study
- Celebrate Earth day in April with this Tree Theme perfect for spring
- Roses are red, violets are blue, learning is fun, with Valentines Day themes
- Rain, snow, sleet, and hail – discover fascinating facts in this weather theme
- Bird watching is lots of fun with this bird theme
- It may be COLD outside, but inside it is warm and toasty as kids learn with this winter theme
- Discover some amazing animals in this fun zoo theme with hundreds of fun and clever activities
- Find all our weekly themes here or explore our preschool weekly themes for 50 more exciting weekly unit studies.