Whether you are learning about famous artists like Seurat or just looking for a unique earth day craft for kids – you will love making these beautiful Earth Day Crafts. This pointillism art project uses a fun painting technique with qtips to make a truly stunning earth day crafts for preschoolers, toddlers, kindegartners, grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students. So celebrate Earth Day for Kids on April 22nd by grabbing our pdf file with the template and get crafting!
Earth Day Craft for Kids
Looking for a super CUTE, but easy Earth Day crafts idea? You will love this stunning earth day craft for kids using the pointillism art technique made easy for kids. All you need are a few simple materials you probably already have at home to make a fun earth day craft perfect for celebrating earth day with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd graders. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this earth day craft ideas to help kids learn about our planet and how we can better take care of it.
Earth Day Printables
Earth Day Crafts
All you need for this cute earth day project are a few simple materials you probably already have on hand:
- Earth template (see below)
- blue, gree, yellow paint
Earth Day Crafts for Preschoolers
This earth day activity for kids is great for working on cordination and fine motor skills with younger kids. Plus it’s loads of fun too. Simply dip the qtip in the paint and press on the map in the spots where there is water on Earth. Did you know over 70% of Earth is covered in water?
It can be tricky for children to comprehend what the entire planet looks like so show them using a globe.
You might also show them the above video which helps them understand what the planet as a whole looks like and how we live in the planet. We also like to use this where do i live project to help kids undestand this concept.
Earth day crafts for toddlers
We like to use a couple different shades of each color to add dimmention to the earth day art project. Plus, that follows the pointillism style.
Easy Earth Day Crafts
Now add the green or green and yellow colors to the land masses. I encourage my students to use the other side of the q-tip or a new q tip for each color, but you an let them blend it if you prefer.
If you are looking to expand and teach kids about the 7 continents on our planet, this free continents book printable to give them a brief overview or dive into a quick overview of 18 countries from around the world with these countries of the world coloring pages you can make into a cute book.
Once your project has had a chance to dry, cut out the planet. You can hang the project on a bulletin board, refrigerator, or a sunny window to make a pretty suncatcher craft for April or your solar system unit about the planets.
Earth day craft ideas
Up close it looks like a whole bunch of dots, but when you look at it from farther away, you can see the picture, what the art piece is showing.
SOme of our favorite Earth Day books to read together.
Earth Day for Kids
- Super Cute Free Printable Earth Day Hat (freebie)
- Free Earth Day I Spy Worksheets
- 40+ Earth Day Crafts for Kids
- Tissue Paper Suncatcher Earth Day Craft for Preschoolers
- Planet Earth Day Suncatcher Craft for Preschoolers
- Pointillism Earth Day Craft for Kids
- Mosaic Earth Day Craft for Kindergarten with free template
- Simple Earth Day Coloring Pages – free printable coloring sheets
- Earth Day Sensory Bottles for Kids
- Earth Day Scavenger Hunt
- Simple Acid Rain Pollution Experiment for Kids
- Earth Day Science – Celery Water Pollution Experiment for Kids
- Homophone Puzzles for your Earth Day Theme
- Where do I Live Printable Activity
- Happy Earth Day Craft
- Earth Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Free Printable Earth Day Worksheets
- Hands-on, FUN Playdough Earth Layers
Famous artists for kids
Ready to learn about more famous artists with children? Check out these projects:
- Monet for kids project exploring impressionist artwork making a lovely water lily with tissue paper
- Or whip up this paint for a unique Claude Monet for Kids activity
- Seurat Melted Crayon Art Project – Pointillism for Kids
- Another fun way to explore Pointillism art for kids is with this simple q-tip and paint project
- Discover the paper cut technique with this Matisse for Kids project
- Make your own Van Gogh for Kids stary night project with playdough with this fun project
- 25 Fun Art Projects Based on Famous Artists
- Picasso for Kids art that explores his unique modern art style creating a one-of-a-kind portrait
- Or try this felt project to learn about Pablo Picasso for kids
- Jackson pollock for kids explores the fun, zany modern drip art technique in an outrageously fun art project for kids
- Easy Pointillism Project creating 4 Seasons Handart Project
- Learn about Medieval Art with this Giotto for Kids project
- This stunning project allows kids to explore famous artist Matisse for Kids
- Try your hand at Impressionism for Kids with this lovely bleeding tissue paper idea
- Explore the colorful boxes in this Paul Klee for Kids art project
- Make a lovely fall art project as you explore Kadinsky for Kids
- Explore Aztec Art for kids with this fun clay project
- Plus don’t miss our FREE Printable artist report to help kids remember what they’ve learned and keep a keepsake of all the fun projects you’ve made together!
- See all of our famous artists for kids art projects!
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!