Celebrate that today is Earth day for kids with this super cute Earth Day craft you can make with your kids today! As this earth day suncatcher is so pretty and simple to make, it make a great earth day ideas for kids of all ages from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students. Simply print earth printable to make this cute earth day crafts for preschoolers.
Earth day suncatcher
Earth Day is April 22nd. Celebrating Earth Day is a fun and important thing to do for kids of all ages. You can make this EASY sun catcher craft with minimal supplies to encourage children to think about the Earth. The results of this pretty earth day craft are really quite beautiful! Preschoolers, kindergarteners and elementary age students in grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 will enjoy making this translucent sun catcher. Kids can even do this Earth Day Project with little to no help. Simply print the Earth Template and let the kids go wild creating!
Earth Day printable
Earth day tissue paper craft
To create your own Earth Suncatcher, you will need:
- Earth Template
- Tissue paper in green and blue
- Contact Paper
Earth day suncatchers
Print the Earth Template. Now cut a piece of contact paper to cover the Earth on the template. Remove the backing from the tissue paper. Tape the contact paper over the template with the STICKY SIDE UP. See pictures. Tear pieces of tissue paper in both green and blue. This is great fine motor practice for those little ones!
Begin to lay torn pieces of blue tissue paper on the sticky contact paper. Use the template to guide you. Fill the entire ocean area. Overlapping the tissue paper creates a beautiful dimension to the project.
Earth day suncatcher craft
Once you have finished with the ocean area, add green tissue paper to the land area on the template. Again, overlapping the tissue paper adds lovely texture and dimension to the project.
Once you have completed adding tissue paper, cut another piece of contact paper to lay over the first piece.
Earth day sun catcher
Remove the backing from the second piece and smooth it over the first. Flatten to remove bubbles. Now cut around the template to remove the Earth sun catcher from it.
Hold your sun catcher up to the light and admire how beautiful it is!
Earth Day Craft for Preschoolers
You can tape this to the window too!
Have a wonderful Earth Day! And remember, every day is Earth Day!
Earth Day for Kids
- Super Cute Free Printable Earth Day Hat (freebie)
- Earth Day Worksheets – what can I do to help the planet, sorting trash cut and paste worksheets, word search, and more!
- Free Earth Day I Spy Worksheets
- 40+ Earth Day Crafts for Kids
- Pointillism Earth Day Craft for Kids
- Mosaic Earth Day Craft for Kindergarten with free template
- Planet Earth Day Suncatcher Craft for Preschoolers
- Simple Earth Day Coloring Pages – free printable coloring sheets
- Earth Day Sensory Bottles for Kids
- Hands-on, FUN Playdough Earth Layers
Earth Day Activities
- Earth Day Scavenger Hunt
- Earth Day Science – Celery Water Pollution Experiment for Kids
- Simple Acid Rain Pollution Experiment for Kids
- Homophone Puzzles for your Earth Day Theme
- Where do I Live Printable Activity
- Happy Earth Day Craft
- Earth Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Free Printable Earth Day Worksheets
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- Pressed Flower Seashells, Giant Leaf Resist Art, or Ginkgo Leaf Luna Moths
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal or personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!