Make sure kids are understanding what they read with these book report worksheets. These fun, free printable book report template pages are perfect for older kids in 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students. Being no-prep, these book report forms help to ensure readers are understanding what they are reading. Simply print the printable book report template to write down information about the book including the title, author, setting, main characters and the ending.
Book Report Worksheets
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these no-prep book report templates for children in grade 3, grade 4, grade 5 and even grade 6 students. Children need to practice writing and summarizing the major parts of the book, and ensuring they understand what they are reading, but staring at a blank page isn’t going to help your early reader succeed! With the help of a book report form like these book report worksheets you can guide children to remember the most important parts of the literature they read and use it as a fun and exciting report on any book they have been reading.
Book report form
Free printable book report template
The activities on these book reports include:
- Title of Book
- Describe the setting of the book
- Describe the main characters of the book
- Write a short summary of the book
- My Opinion of the book
- Main conflict in the story
- The solution to the conflict
My Book Report
- Number of Pages
- Design a new cover
- Favourite part of the book
- Rate the book
- Draw your favorite part of the book
- Write a new ending
- What changes would you make to the story
- Interesting facts about the story/book
- New words that were learned and their definitions
Printable book report template
Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, daycare provider, or planning a summer camp – you will love these no-prep book report worksheets for kids of all ages in grade 4, grade 5 and even grade 6 and 7!
Book report for kids
Looking for other ways to help kids work on reading comprehension and summarizing a book they read? Try these free resources:
- Handy, book report template in the form of a bookmark (any book: fiction or non fiction)
- Free Printable Book Report Template for elementary age kids, works with any books
- Simple, one page Book Report Templates to ensure kids are understanding the main charaters, setting, and idea of what they are reading
- Super cute Pizza Book Report Idea with Free printable template!
- Book Report Template 3rd Grade and other elementary age kids – lots of free printable choices!
- Printable Sandwich Book Report allow kids to recall the main point, climax, characters, setting, and more in each delicious layer
- 26 more clever Book Report Ideas
- See if kids remember the moral of the story with these FREE Aesop Fables Worksheets
- While not book report, this Library Scavenger Hunt helps kids learn to navigate a library, the Dewey decimal system, book genres, and so much more with this pack of free printable scavenger hunts for kids!
- Bookshelf Reading Log printable pdf – to help encourage kids to read!
- Handy Book Report Worksheets for elementary age kids
- Parts of a Book Coloring Page
- Free Parts of a Book Worksheets
First of all, whether you stock up on books at your local library, have a robust home library, or not. You can still order books and have them conveninetly shipped to your house from Amazon. Wondering what should I read – we’ve got tons of great book recommendations for you! Click on the list you want to read and then you can conveninetly order from Amazon or print a book list to take to the library.
- 50 Books for Kindergarten Book List – books for Kindergarteners to read themselves
- Best Read aloud books for kindergarten
- 1st grade reading books pdf – 100 Books for 1st Graders to Read Themselves
- 20+ Fantastic First grade read alouds picture books
- Best First grade read aloud chapter books
- Top 25 Chapter books for 1st graders, 2nd graders, and 3rd graders
- Best 2nd Grade Reading List
- 2nd grade reading books pdf
- Printable 3rd grade reading list
- 4th Grade Reading List
- 5th grade reading List
- Historical fiction for kids (arranged by time period)
- 25 Exciting Historical Fiction Books for 4th Graders
Book report printable
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to grab their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Book Report Printable <<
Thank you for these!
Thank you, your work is awesome!