This super cute and clever Sandwich Book Report makes it FUN for kids to recall what they’ve read. Simply print the pdf file with the book report sandwich and print the book report template for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, and 6th grade students. This sandwich book report template is such a clever book report idea for elementary age students.
Sandwich book report
So why do we do book report anyway? So glad you asked 😉 Book reports are a great way to not only make sure children are reading books and understanding what they’ve read, but to practice the important skill of summarizing what they’ve read. Book reports give students practice finding the important parts of what they’ve read and making a concise, yet thorough summary. They will practice looking for the main characters, plot, setting, and more. In addition they will learn to look for proof of what they conclude. This super cute and clever Sandwich Book Report is a fun, free printable book report template to make it fun for children from kindergarteners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5, and grade 6 to retell the story they just read.
Sandwich book report template
Sandwich book report pdf
Book report sandwich
- main characters
- what kids thought
- and more
Sandwich book report template free
Book report for kids
Looking for other ways to help kids work on reading comprehension and summarizing a book they read? Try these free resources:
- Handy, book report template in the form of a bookmark (any book: fiction or non fiction)
- Free Printable Book Report Template for elementary age kids, works with any books
- Simple, one page Book Report Templates to ensure kids are understanding the main charaters, setting, and idea of what they are reading
- Super cute Pizza Book Report Idea with Free printable template!
- Book Report Template 3rd Grade and other elementary age kids – lots of free printable choices!
- Printable Sandwich Book Report allow kids to recall the main point, climax, characters, setting, and more in each delicious layer
- 26 more clever Book Report Ideas
- See if kids remember the moral of the story with these FREE Aesop Fables Worksheets
- While not book report, this Library Scavenger Hunt helps kids learn to navigate a library, the Dewey decimal system, book genres, and so much more with this pack of free printable scavenger hunts for kids!
- Bookshelf Reading Log printable pdf – to help encourage kids to read!
- 50 Books for Kindergarten Book List – Books for Kindergarteners to read themselves
- Best kindergarten books to read aloud
- 1st grade reading books pdf – 100 Books for 1st Graders to Read Themselves
- 1st grade picture books
- First grade read aloud chapter books
- Top 25 Chapter books for 1st graders
- Best 2nd Grade Reading List
- Read aloud chapter books for 2nd grade
- Homeschool 3rd grade reading list
- 4th Grade Book List
- 5th grade reading book lists
- Historical fiction books for kids
Free Printable Reading Logs
- Monthly Reading Log – this free printable has ‘traditional’ monthly themes
- Bookshelf Free Printable Reading Logs – super cute and fun for kids of all ages!
- Pencil Free Printable Reading Logs -print reading worksheet and color a pencil for each book you read
- Frozen Free Printable Reading Logs – kids will have fun tracking their reading and the books they’ve read with this motivating free printable for kids of all ages
- Princess Free Printable Reading Logs – students will have fun tracking their reading with these free printable reading logs
- Super Hero Free Printable Reading Logs – using a favorite theme of kids will encourage kids to read
- Cars Free Printable Book Logs – children will have fun tracking the books they’ve read with these clever free reading log
- Summer Free Printable Reading Logs – students will be motivated to read this summer with these ideas
- Reading Comprehension Bookmarks – this is a great tool for making sure kids are understanding what they are reading
- Reading Levels by Grade – how to pick the right books for every reading level and tons of printable book lists too
Sandwich book report project
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Graphics by Lemon Elf Studio at Mygrafico
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!