Make coming up with ideas to keep writign all month long EASY with these free printable february writing prompts. We’ve included tons of fun creative writing prompts for Febrauary in this february writing prompt calendar. It is a FUN and simple way to encourage kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade students to write. Simply download february writing calendar pdf file and get the paper and pen ready for a month of witing fun!
February writing prompts
Do you have a reluctant writer? It can be hard for a child to sit in front of a blank piece of paper waiting for inspiration to hit. How can you encourage your child to get that first word on the page? These February Writing Prompts help inspire and encourage kindergartners, grade 1, grade 2, grade 3, and grade 4 students to want to pick up their pencil and write! Use free february writing prompt calendar to provide your child topics to encourage inspiration.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler this simpler writing freebie is a great way to help improve your child’s writing by giving them the practice they need to become a better write! Use this as extra practice on your kitchen fridge at home, as a take-home way to encourage literacy, or suppelment to your homeschool writing curriculum.
February writing prompt calendar
February writing calendar
Monday through Friday during the month of February children will enjoy some of the fun facts and birthdays on the calendar that will give some interesting writing topics.
For example, on February 27th in 1807 Henry Wadsworth Longfellow was born. Children are asked to look up some of his poems and then write their own.
On February 6th the children learn that February is National Dental Month. The writing assignment that day is to write a how-to on taking care of your teeth. Children are often instructed to look up more information and write about what they learned. Each day provides topics your child will love to write about!
Some children may experience a little difficulty even with prompts. In that case simply have a discussion of the topic presented. Encourage your child to give an answer orally. Once your child feel comfortable have her write what she expressed verbally. If needed, you can have your child dictate her thoughts to you. Both methods will build your child’s confidence and eventually she will take that pencil and do it all on her own. Whether you use this as a february writing prompts kindergarten or a february writing prompts first grade or for older children, it is adaptable to so many different ages and abilities!
Valentines Day Worksheets
Looking for more way to make learning fun during February? Kids will LOVE these Valentine’s Day themed, educational activities. Plus, all of these are free printables.
- These Valentine’s day worksheets allow preschoolers to practice math and literacy with super cute printables that are NO PREP!
- Color by Letter to decorate these cookies with these fun Valentine Worksheets for Preschool
- Make your own Alphabet Book from A to Z with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets to color, read, and learn
- ABC Hole Punching for Valentines Day – preschoolers will have fun working on letter recognition as they use a hole punch with this free printable for February.
- Alpahbet Valentines – kids will have fun preparing Valentines with this fun activity that works on beginning sounds, tracing letters, and matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Super cute Valentines Day Activity sorting mail by parts of speach!
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Practice sounding out and spelling short i words with this Heart themed spelling mats.
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Practice forming simple words with this Kindergarten Valentines Day CVC word mats
- Make practicing preschool sight words fun with this Chocolate Box Valentine Activities for Preschoolers
Valentines Day Math
Looking for some fun valentines day math activities, free Valentines day worksheets, and other ideas to learn in February – check these out!
- Count to 20 with these cute Valentine Math Clip Cards
- Practice counting to 10 with this Valentine Math Puzzles for pre-k
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Free Valentine’s Day Tracing Worksheets for Preschoolers – kids will have fun working on hand muscles as they trace these common February items in these tracing worksheets.
- February Color by Number – work on number recognition as students reveal mystery pictures as they color.
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- FUN, Self-checing Multiplication Valentine Math Activity for Kids
- Work on fractions, percent, and measurement with these Valentines Fractions Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Handy Valentines Day themed Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Valentines Day Number Book – kids will have fun practicing counting with conversation hears as they make a free printable book.
- Kids will have fun practicing addition and subtraction with this clever,Valentine’s day math craft.
- Help kids work on symmetry for kids with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- Use snap cubes with this free printable Valentine Math activity for kindergarten and first graders
- Fun Lock and Key Color Matching Game for toddlers and preschoolers
- Work on making common shapes with these super cute Chocolate Shape Playdough Mats
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Try these FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Super cute Heart Mobile Valentines Day Craft for Preschoolers
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids
February Writing Prompt
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
I want to thank you for all the work you do on these lesson. It has been a great help to me to be able to look through them and get ideas.