Mother’s Day is right around the corner. It is time for teachers, dads, grandmas, baby sitters, anyone actually to start thinking about what kids can give their moms for this special day. I personally love anything that my kids give to me, but sentimental is the way to my heart. This super simple Mother’s Day Writing Prompt is great for dinosaur loving children or kids who want to write their mom a special message. Simply print pdf file with mothers day printables and you are ready to dig into this mother’s day writing idea for kindergarten, first grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th graders too.
Mother’s Day Writing Prompt
Mother’s Day presents do not need to be extravagant. Honestly, in the ideal situation, I would take a day off from cleaning and cooking as well as a sweet note from my kids. That’s it. I am not high maintenance, I don’t need much. I just want a break and a little tug at my heart!
Mothers Day Writing Prompt
Mother’s Day Writing Ideas
This Dinosaur Writing Prompt is great for this. Kids of all ages can write their mom, on their one or with help from another adult, a sweet message that she can save forever.
The theme of this writing prompt is dinosaurs because “My Mom Is Dino-Mite”! Moms are dynamite individuals and should be recognized as such. Even if that does mean with dinosaurs. This will be especially fun for dinosaur loving children!
This set comes with 4 different pages. The first two are in color. The first has single lines and the second has the larger lines, with the dotted line in the middle, for beginning writers. If children are too young or not confident in their writing skills, an adult can write what they want to say. That is okay too!
Mothers Day Printables
The second set of pages is identical to the first, but in black and white. This is great for teachers who can only print in black and white. It is also great for individual children who like to color. They can color the dinosaurs however they would like. There is also space at the top that if children wanted to draw a scene involving the dinosaurs, they can easily do that as well.
This is incredibly simple to do, but it has great benefits too. As moms we want our children to grow and develop, and this writing prompt will help them do this. They will need to be creative, because there are no right or wrong answers but it isn’t fill in the blank either. Children will need to think about why they love their mom and write about that.
This is great to help children strengthen their handwriting skills, spelling, creativity and more!
Mother’s day crafts
Looking for more fun ideas and clever Mother’s Day projects for kids of all ages? You will love these:
- Free Printable Homemade Mothers Day Cards
- Flower Bouquet Mothers Day Crafts
- Lacing Flower Craft Printable mothers day cards to color pdf
- Handprint Free printable mothers day crafts
- Cupcake Flower Mothers Day Craft with preschool mothers day poems
- Simple Preschool Mothers Day Cards for kids to make
- DIY Purple Hollyhock Tissue Paper Flowers Bouquet for MOm
- 25 Mothers Day Crafts for Kids
- SIMPLE Mother’s day handprint Craft Project
- 3D Mother’s day handprint art that will be a precious keepsake
- Free Mothers day coloring pages
- Make mom this beautiful flower suncatcher craft
- Mom will love a bouquet of pretty flower crafts
Summer worksheets for kindergarten
Looking for more fun, summer theme educational activities for prek and kinders? Check out these free summer printables!
- Summer Letter Matching Alphabet Puzzles
- Learn about life cycles with these ladybug life cycle worksheet
- Garden Kindergarten sight Word Activities
- Pail and Shovel Matching Letter Game for Summer
- I Spy Pirate Game
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- Hands-on Ice Cream Compound Word Activity
- Garden theme Telling Time Worksheets
- Seed FInd the Letter Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Summer Lego Challenge
- Water Gun Parts of Speach Game
- Playdough Counting Mat Activity with Watermelon Seed Printable
- Summertime Dot Art Printables
- Free Printable Beach Worksheets
- Cute Flip Flip Letter Matching
- Bubble Math Worksheets
- Strawberry Picking Summer Rhyming Activity
Summer Worksheets for Kids
- Smores Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Smore complete sentence game
- Cute Summer Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Fun Summer Color by Number pages to work on number recognition and hand muscles
- Work on writing with these June Writing Prompts
- Convenient Summer Writing Prompts with ruled lines and pictures to color
- Pool Summer Worksheets for Preschoolers
- HUGE pack of Garden Worksheets to practice a variety of math and literacy skills
- Summer Number Recognition Coloring Worksheets
- Cute Watermelon Seed Counting Worksheet
- Skip Counting Summer Worksheets
- Simple, Free Beach Coloring Pages
- Summer Activity Pages
- Seashell Alphabet Matching Activity
- Firefly Math Printable Counting Game
- Free Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sight Word Mazes – Summer Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Sun Summer Tracing Worksheets
- Pool Count and Trace Summer Activities for Kindergarten
- Sandcastle Letter Tracing Summer Activities for Kindergarten
In between reading a good book, sneak in some epic fun with these summer activities for kids of all ages:
Mother’s Day Printables
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!